The Batman- you gonna watch?

Wife hates anything remotely violent. I’m on the road next week. Probably a good way to spend a night versus a boring hotel

I’m sure it is good, but I’ll wait 46 days to watch it on HBO Max. I’m not a fan of movie theaters. I have a 70” tv and surround sound that I enjoy. And I can stop halfway to go to the bathroom without missing anything at home.

I liked it but one gripe. Does dudes hair have to be in his face/eyes every scene?

Well, I'm supposed to be watching it, but 10 minutes into the previews and the theater lost power...yeehaw

Update: they booted everyone out and gave us vouchers for admission 😕

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it more after the 2nd viewing. I plan to see it at least once more before it starts streaming on HBO Max around April 19th. I like to support films that I really enjoy, by seeing them as they are meant to be viewed, and that's in the theater.

I need to figure out a time. My 9 year old wants to see it, but I need to see it first.
Given that the Riddler is a serial killer, I'd say your 9 year old may want to sit this one out for a few more years. On the other hand, it was a very good movie. Can't believe Colin Farrell is the Penguin. He's completely unrecognizable in the role. Also, I'd suggest people give Pattinson a chance in this one, and if he really sticks in your craw, you'll be pleased to know that he has less than a half dozen scenes as Bruce Wayne. The rest of the time, he's in his Batman garb.

Last edited:
I saw a guy at the YMCA this morning. Much younger than me. I knew he and his brother were going to this morning over the past weekend. I asked if he liked it. He said its a totally different take on Batman. He loved. it. He did say it was as close to R as could be.

Well, let's try this again. Hopefully avoid power outages.

Update: Power stayed on and I made it through the entire movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It honestly may have overtaken The Dark Knight as my favorite overall Batman movie. It's far from perfect, but I love that this iteration is more grounded. It feels more like a man in a suit, rather than some kind of superhero. Dano was no Heath Ledger, but I thought the Riddler was a great villain, and his performance was terrific. Penguin was the standout for me. You could have put a gun to my head and I wouldn't have been able to tell you that was Colin Farrel. Can't wait to see where they take the sequel. I'm hopeful for a decent run of DC films, for once.

Last edited:
Seeing this tonight at 5. Hope its as good as you all say it is haha

ill probably take my son to the theatre to see it....im much more of a Marvel fan and dont care for DC much at all. I will say tho that Dark Knight was one of the best movies ive seen.

As long as you go in expecting a psychological thriller, more than an entertaining superhero movie, then I can't see why anyone would dislike it
Now, I am really excited. That is the definition of Batman.

Saw this last night. I enjoyed it BUT its no Dark Knight. I found it to be along the same lines as Joaquin Phoenix Joker. Kind of dark, psychological and a bit slow at times. I liked it but didn't love it. I thought Pattinson was great as Batman, better than I expected to be honest but his Bruce Wayne character left something to be desired in my mind, not that we saw much of him in that character though.

Just ask the wife if she was in. Nope! I’ll check it out while I’m on the road next week

Just saw this and it's ok. It tries to hard to be the dark knight, which it definitely is not. I dont think pattenson was the right choice. They tried to make a very real world batman movie but most want to see some comic book stuff.

I would wait for video instead of 2.5 hours of darkness and rain. Why would anyone live in Gotham? It rains all day everyday. It was like Zach Snyder did this movie...lol.

Oh and the bat-mobile SUCKED!!!!

Last edited:
Just got home from taking my boys to see it. I'm more of a Superman/Deadpool guy so I don't really criticize Batman movies but I thought it was a good watch.

Reeves just released a deleted scene with a character that pops up at the end of the movie! Loved it!

Spoiler

Reeves just released a deleted scene with a character that pops up at the end of the movie! Loved it!

Spoiler

I get the movie was already too long, but that would have been a good scene to keep in. It would explain a bit more about the very ending when the riddler was in arkam.

Big shoes to fill, but I like the what I've seen of Keoghan. This definitely had some Hannibal vibes to it.
I thought it was fantastic! Really hoping to see more of him, though Reeves did say they have no plans for him in the next movie. Hoping that's not true

Definitely seeing it, interesting to see a different take. Although I don't think we will really see much difference. I'm Batman in that deep voice that everyone says is expected of course.

My only concern is how this version is going to affect the DC Universe. Currently, I look at Spider-Man as more of a Marvel movie and in that Universe. So, I can separate Venom, Morbius, and Kraven the Hunter as different Universes, and maybe one day they merge the three, but for my enjoyment, I don't expect to see Spider-Man in any of them.

This Batman movie is totally different. It is going to out the same year as the Flash with at least two other Barman portrayals. I get it must be a different universe aka the multiverse, but nothing is being shown to explain that. So, we just have to take this Batman as a different movie altogether and not put this version as the same one that will be in future DC Universe movies.
Just finished watching Morbius with my family since my oldest wanted to see it. It was ok. I don’t know a whole lot about the backstory but there will definitely be more to come from it.

Back