The Akshay Bhatia Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This young man is an absolutely joy to watch and I have a feeling we hear his name a lot in the future. Figured a thread would be a good place to start after his 18/18 greens in regulation last week.

That’s quite an impressive feat especially at Pebble factoring in wind and green size. Obviously, he has serious game. I think he will benefit by getting more and more tournament rounds in. It has to be a huge step up for such a young player who is playing against the best players in the world on the PGA.

Love having another lefty! Was a joy to watch him last week. Especially seeing him in a featured group! Watching his swing videos on his Instagram are something else as well. Soooo efficient. Will definitely be following his career

I don't really understand turning pro at his age but it is his decision. He took an absolute beating last year so it is good that he is starting to figure it out and play better. Hopefully he continues to improve and does not become Ty Tryon 2.0... Young, talented, and flamed out.

Kid has a great short game to go with his swing. He will nab some wins when he is rolling putts in. I will be using him a lot on DraftKings until he raises his price to match his skill level.

I was super impressed with his play. 18 greens at Pebble is really something. Even when he got in trouble, he has great touch around the green.

I’d love to see him and Colin Morikawa battling down to the wire in a final group!

I was fully entertained watching him play Pebble.

Funny to see him walk around all 19 year old like, sort of goofy, bouncy, sorting things out.... and then put on a clinic at times.

I'll be rooting for him in a big way. My Dad said he wanted to cheer for him but then saw his pants :ROFLMAO:

I'm a fan of his swing........but.....not of his pants.

I’ve gotten to know ‘Shay a little over the last 2 years. His friend Matt, a high school teammate, is in my classes. Really great young man!

Loved watching him this past week. Gorgeous swing and also very cool to see a budding LEFTY finally again on tour. He reminds me of a left handed, glasses wearing @Canadan type of body type.🤣🤣

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed seeing his game and consistency this weekend.

I am looking forward to watching his career unfold. I'm a big fan

He's got that great looking Griffey swing. He will definitely be one of the few that I will pin to the My Leaderboard on the PGA site.

He will have some wins and soon. He has a big swing for a wiery little guy.

Local guy for us in the Raleigh area so its exciting to see his play past week.

There was been a lot of pressure on him since he was 14 and he has handled himself very well.

I am guessing he got a nice contract from Callaway to turn pro immediately after high school. Justin Rose missed something like 17 straight cuts and turned out just fine. He is super talented and will get his card soon.

Saw him at the US Junior at Baltusrol. As skinny as his two iron. Another Gankas student. Dude can play but not sure if a year of college wouldn't have helped. Time will tell.

Another lefty? I'm automatically a fan!

Whatever happened to him? I've not seen much of him for the past six months.

Thanx. I've always enjoyed watching him. He is like 6 ft tall and 130 lbs but his club swing speed is like 125+ MPH. I remembered the last time I saw him on TV was either the Masters or another GS where he did well. I am very impressed that he is able to generate that kind of club speed for someone who is 130 lbs. I think he is 19 now and I think he will have as much success as Morikawa or Wolf on the PGA tour.

Whatever happened to him? I've not seen much of him for the past six months.

I saw him at Lonnie Poole this summer in June playing with his friends.

I also randomly played golf with his caddy this year as well.

I think he will have as much success as Morikawa or Wolf on the PGA tour.
Those two had some college seasoning which I think helped them out a lot. I think a year or two of college would have benefited Bhatia as well.

Back