So you hit driver with backspin? That's pretty good. :alien:

Congrats on hitting 300 yds, chirpy. I would love to know how that feels but in all reality I will never get that feeling unless I decided to go to Colorado and hit it straight downhill.

It's funny you say that about Colorado....years ago up in the mountains there was a place that you could hit balls onto a frozen lake and they used surveying equipment to measure distance....Somewhere I have a certificate that says I hit a 700+ yard drive

Or I guess you could do like Don Johnson did in Tin Cup and hit one down a four lane highway and let it bounce:D

It's funny you say that about Colorado....years ago up in the mountains there was a place that you could hit balls onto a frozen lake and they used surveying equipment to measure distance....Somewhere I have a certificate that says I hit a 700+ yard drive

Or I guess you could do like Don Johnson did in Tin Cup and hit one down a four lane highway and let it bounce:D

Haha... I've done the Don Johnson thing. The only difference is it was a cart path and it wasn't intentional.

I've played with people who've done it. I've never had the pleasure.

I'm a member of the Mile High club if that counts for anything

I mean it still counts if you're by yourself.................right?..............doesnt it?

I think it should count for you TBT

300 yard drive ...WTF ... I'm just trying to keep it straight and on the fairway. :D

I play w/ 2 guys in my league who are big hitters and it is pretty amazing to see and hear their drives.

Congratulations chirpy! It's awe inspiring watching it fly that far isn't it? I've recently joined the club in the last couple of weeks myself. Today I wasn't quite as "on" as usual, but I hit driver 10 times, with 4 at or just over 300. One of the par 4's at my home course is a dogleg left, playing to 332: Usually Ive been hitting 3 wood or hybrid, but the last 2 times I've gone for it. Both times I've carried it 290 into the greenside bunker.

My key today was grip it and rip it! I've been trying to control my backswing too much, and today I was just loose. Keep bombing 'em buddy!

Backspin on a driver is the devil!!! Although it does give a great comprehension on carry distance!!
Absolutely! I got on a launch monitor for the first time last week, 123 SS, 160 ball speed, 2500rpm backspin, ~400rpm sidespin, 15*launch. My fitter gave me some great reassurance telling me not to worry about hitting my driver high because of the low spin I'm generating. This freed my mind up and let me stop worrying about keeping it low, and just letting it rip. As well as knowing what my actual carry distance is (286+) I suggest anyone who is somewhat serious about their game to spend some time with a fitter on a launch monitor. Also known as the truth box, (totally just made that up) they may be in for some hard to accept facts. But the right clubfitter can get you to the magic numbers for you to start playing to your potential.

Congratulations chirpy! It's awe inspiring watching it fly that far isn't it? I've recently joined the club in the last couple of weeks myself. Today I wasn't quite as "on" as usual, but I hit driver 10 times, with 4 at or just over 300. One of the par 4's at my home course is a dogleg left, playing to 332: Usually Ive been hitting 3 wood or hybrid, but the last 2 times I've gone for it. Both times I've carried it 290 into the greenside bunker.

My key today was grip it and rip it! I've been trying to control my backswing too much, and today I was just loose. Keep bombing 'em buddy!

Congrats Deuss. I went out today and was hitting back in my typical 200-240 range. I think my back was a bit stiff from playing yesterday. Anyway, I was pumped to be hitting bombs the other day and hope to get back to that form soon.

Congrats Deuss. I went out today and was hitting back in my typical 200-240 range. I think my back was a bit stiff from playing yesterday. Anyway, I was pumped to be hitting bombs the other day and hope to get back to that form soon.
It takes a bit more out of you to hit those bombs :beat-up: As well as the hips, a big power source is in making a complete shoulder turn and getting the hands nice and high. Keep it up!

I suggest anyone who is somewhat serious about their game to spend some time with a fitter on a launch monitor. Also known as the truth box, (totally just made that up) they may be in for some hard to accept facts. But the right clubfitter can get you to the magic numbers for you to start playing to your potential.

i think i'll need to do this.......i reckon my ss must be similar to yours as i usually carry the ball 280-290 yrds.

Definitely tagged a couple out there in my career, but for the most part I'll settle with 270-290 fairway.

I've hit a few downwind over 300. In fact last year I gps'd one at 313 meters on a par 5, and drive the first with my 3 wood - a downhill 303 meter par 4. Very elevated tee made it a lot easier than normal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a few 300+ this year. It might have something to do with the lack of rain and concrete like fairways, but I'll take them how ever I can get them.

Now if you are talking 300 in bowling, I am good there too - got 7 of them.

And I thought this thread was going to be about attaining perfection in ten-pin bowling.

And I thought this thread was going to be about attaining perfection in ten-pin bowling.

Of which you have a couple right?

Distance is a number and all that matters is what club it will allow you to play on your next shot. I guess I am a member of this club, but I also know that Biggsy, JRod and The Belbs can out drive me with their 3 woods on a typical day.

I bowled a 300, does that count?

Back