The 2nd Morgan Cup - Selections Begin Today

Junior did you post that in both threads?

I think most of the people that have enter a video, have the dedication to their games to get in to the single digits. Time to do it might be and issue, but I feel like there are some solid golfers with entries in to this event.

I'm about 2 strokes away each round from single digits..... lol

But we didn't give our handicaps did we? So I don't think that would matter in anyway?

I think that most people that submitted videos have their handicaps listed on here. I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out the list of 14 participants, then tried to split them up as evenly as possible over the 2 teams.

JB did make a good point: the balance of a team is more important than having a couple of players with really low handicaps. Plus, match play is a strange environment, you can have 2 really good players on a team together but if they don't compliment each other well, the team may not work well.

Its not all about handicaps in an event like this. Its about far more than that and balance and good matchups. I think Team Hackers had the lowest handicaps last year as well. We saw what transpired out there due to quite a few factors.

This^ I don't have the long game, but straight. If I'm lucky enough to get the nod and get paired with a long hitter my short game will do some damage to a few ego's, hehe

Yeah I just don't remember submitting my handicap that's just why I had to ask. But some people already selected don't have theirs up so I don't think the cap has much impact on selectees.

But a good balance I'm sure is what they'll strive for no doubt. All the people selected are well deserving. I'm so happy to see that.

Its not all about handicaps in an event like this. Its about far more than that and balance and good matchups. I think Team Hackers had the lowest handicaps last year as well. We saw what transpired out there due to quite a few factors.

Without a doubt I do agree. It's not all about handicaps.

Remember, the only person that knows much about us from the forum is GG. The rest of the judges dont know whether you are an 8 or an 18 handicap.

I think matching players together is very important because a 12 and a 7 handicap can beat a 5 and a 6 handicap on any given match. Some people may be a bit higher because they can't control their blowup holes. This is where a best ball format and match play could really even things out. Also, I think it will be very important for the captains to learn personality because people who naturally think alike will probably play at a higher level and help keep each other focused.

Edit: Singles would be tough though. This could really be a chess match by the captains. It could be won in the pairings they choose. This is so exciting!

Dont worry fellas, I will be a 2 HDCP in a couple weeks

Dont worry fellas, I will be a 2 HDCP in a couple weeks

10 Mulligans a round or is this one of those 3 hole courses.

Another night of cow tipping....these cows are really starting to get pissed.

Good Luck again to the remaining players tonight!

Another night of cow tipping....these cows are really starting to get pissed.

Good Luck again to the remaining players tonight!

Man everytime you guys talk about cow tipping I think of the Tractor Tipping in the first Cars Movie... LOL

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL IN THIS!

Man everytime you guys talk about cow tipping I think of the Tractor Tipping in the first Cars Movie... LOL

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL IN THIS!
I might take the neighbors tractor out tonight and really scare the piss out of 'em!

Less than 9 hours to go till the next selections are made. Man this is all I can think about. Which isn't good for someone who is in sales... :smile:

Prediction:

A Floridian and a Texan get selected tonight.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm about 2 strokes away each round from single digits..... lol
I will be a +2... TMex
10 Mulligans a round or is this one of those 3 hole courses.
Would that be by the internet scoring method?
either/or bro, I will still be a 2 capper
My goal is to be a 1.4 or lower by Mid 2014, lol.

If we're gettin' pops, put me down as an 18.:angel:

Back