LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 PGA Merchandise Show

The single rider cart looks really fun. The other ones shown on THP's facebook page were a miss for me.
I think it would dramatically increase the pace of play, but courses have to buy into it and I dont think they are there yet.

I think it would dramatically increase the pace of play, but courses have to buy into it and I dont think they are there yet.
I'm assuming it's upfront cost and maintenance?

I'm assuming it's upfront cost and maintenance?
I dont think Maintenance would be that bad, or even up front cost with leasing. Although it could be.
I do think there are other factors.
For instance, think about cart storage at courses right now. How would that work with number of chargers and space?

Then the entire notion of convincing the golfer

I dont think Maintenance would be that bad, or even up front cost with leasing. Although it could be.
I do think there are other factors.
For instance, think about cart storage at courses right now. How would that work with number of chargers and space?

Then the entire notion of convincing the golfer
The storage was part of my thinking of the maintenance portion, with having to create more space for keeping them under a roof with a charger in addition to the time to clean, etc.

It absolutely would help with pace of play. Golfers are a stubborn bunch, so convincing could be an issue.

Reactions: JB
The storage was part of my thinking of the maintenance portion, with having to create more space for keeping them under a roof with a charger in addition to the time to clean, etc.

It absolutely would help with pace of play. Golfers are a stubborn bunch, so convincing could be an issue.
I genuinely think it is going to take Club Car, EZ-GO or Yamaha to put one out to bridge the change.

Golf Digest says the Team USA uniforms were one of the "TOP" things at the show......hahaha

I'm disappointed they didn't take advantage of the size of the G5 and add the functionality of the X5. I notice they did swap the band orientation, thought and added a button. Maybe the added button will help with the rain issue. More ways to move around the screen.

Golf Digest says the Team USA uniforms were one of the "TOP" things at the show......hahaha
Maybe one of the top things talked about. That doesn't mean it's a good thing though.

Maybe one of the top things talked about. That doesn't mean it's a good thing though.
I guess maybe if you hung out way down in the back right corner of the show it was heavily discussed. Or maybe on social media.
But top things at the show? It wouldnt sniff the top 20 based on crowds.

I have tons of those. I want a crew neck. I like hoodies for casual wear and will gets some. But I won’t golf in them.. annoying..
my also, I will wear one to run to the Grocery, take my evening walks, where ever. Golf? Quarter Zip....I do not want a hood blowing up around anywhere while trying to swing a club

my also, I will wear one to run to the Grocery, take my evening walks, where ever. Golf? Quarter Zip....I do not want a hood blowing up around anywhere while trying to swing a club
It also flops around when you are bent over teeing up the ball or picking up from a putt etc.

I am not @sunshine and want to feel like I am flipping back my long hair all the time.

Thanks for the coverage. I loved all of the pictures

It also flops around when you are bent over teeing up the ball or picking up from a putt etc.

I am not @sunshine and want to feel like I am flipping back my long hair all the time.
After wearing a TM hoodie for a few rounds, that's my only objection to them. It's the perfect weight for cool (not freezing cold) mornings and is comfortable to golf in, but the hood flopping down when I tee a ball or pick up a putt is mildly annoying.

Loved the pictures and updates. Thanks @JB and @Jman

Might have missed it but any hands on with this?

No hands on, but can say there are about 30 putting mats coming to market. The break part is pretty cool, as long as the mat doesn’t groove in 2 seconds

Back