EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Im going to start a new thing at THP Experiences and say certain people can only have water.
This or just make them mix everything with Ginger Beer :sick:

So Team Hackers, we going CB's or MB's. Great looking irons and a combo may be the right direction here. Right @TWright971

So Team Hackers, we going CB's or MB's. Great looking irons and a combo may be the right direction here. Right @TWright971
CB’s are definitely in the mix for me, MB’s not so much lol.

Thinking either King Tour, Forged Tec, or CB’s. I’ve been playing CB equivalents for the past almost 8 years.

The CB's and MB's are great looking irons for sure, and i'm sure they work well for some, but at my level I'm looking for a bit more help and will be staying in the still Great looking Darkspeed Irons.

Surprised to see some participants who were selected not even posting in this main thread, weird. Oh and FYI I will be calling members out on both sides if you aren't active and talking Cobra equipment all season long.

CB’s are definitely in the mix for me, MB’s not so much lol.

Thinking either King Tour, Forged Tec, or CB’s. I’ve been playing CB equivalents for the past almost 8 years.

The CB's and MB's are great looking irons for sure, and i'm sure they work well for some, but at my level I'm looking for a bit more help and will be staying in the still Great looking Darkspeed Irons.
No wrong answers here cuz they all are so good. Just thought I'd throw a little side track in there for you Team Hacker guys. Think about them @TWright971 ;)

Carl Weathers Friendship GIF

Me and the Cobra website today.
I've been looking at the Cobra site long before now. 😉 the Dark Speed driver had me at hello 🤣

Im going to start a new thing at THP Experiences and say certain people can only have water.
Thinking about calling it the Whiskey Business rule or the Golfinnut rule.
Two different outcomes, but both are not great, depending on who you ask.
Hey I'll take that ownership of that rule 😏

I think I may have to spend some time down at Carl's Golfland tomorrow hitting everything Cobra. I have some ideas of what I'll probably go with, but should probably hit everything first just to make sure.

By any chance, does anyone know which Cobra putters are face balanced? That might help narrow down which ones I focus on.

I think I may have to spend some time down at Carl's Golfland tomorrow hitting everything Cobra. I have some ideas of what I'll probably go with, but should probably hit everything first just to make sure.

By any chance, does anyone know which Cobra putters are face balanced? That might help narrow down which ones I focus on.
1714147120756.png

Surprised to see some participants who were selected not even posting in this main thread, weird. Oh and FYI I will be calling members out on both sides if you aren't active and talking Cobra equipment all season long.
Still trying to wrap my head around getting picked. I’ll be demoing everything over the next couple of weeks but I’m 100% sure there will be a 7w & 9w in the bag.

@LLIB
@GolfFest
@SleevePlz
@jeffg21
@golfinnut
@CBaker

I'm curious about a couple things:

- Who did you tell first and how did you share the big news?
- How many bags have you built (leading up to being announced and since)?
My first call was to my wife to tell her about it and that I would not be in town for her birthday which is Sept 27.

I have studied the cobra site, watched probably 25-30 videos on you tube , read some reviews here and on the intrawebz. Working on finding a fitting now.

My first call was to my wife to tell her about it and that I would not be in town for her birthday which is Sept 27.

I have studied the cobra site, watched probably 25-30 on you tube , read some reviews here and on the intrawebz. Working on finding a fitting now.
May want to find out what shafts are available from Cobra before the fitting that way you don't get into something that's not an option.

@LLIB
@GolfFest
@SleevePlz
@jeffg21
@golfinnut
@CBaker

My wife was the first person I told. I sent her a text to call me and I let her know that way.

I’ve only built one bag so far. I’ll come up with a few different combos after I demo the clubs.

@LLIB
@GolfFest
@SleevePlz
@jeffg21
@golfinnut
@CBaker

My wife, which ironically I just told her last night that I had put in for the Morgan Cup in September to have her "pre-aware" just in case. Walked down this morning and said "well, you're not going to believe this..."

Pending actually hitting stuff, I have a good amount of the bag "set" in my head, but I will be rattling my brain trying to figure out what irons to go with. I have had the Cobra website up all day though lol

Texted my wife right away. We were talking about the possibility last night. She may have been more excited than I was, lol.

I have a pretty good idea of which clubs will work best for me, but I'm going to test out everything just to make sure. Maybe I'm good enough for blades....

@LLIB
@GolfFest
@SleevePlz
@jeffg21
@golfinnut
@CBaker

I told my wife. A funny moment when she asked about the sponsor and I said Cobra/Puma golf. She said she never heard of them then I pointed out the Puma sweatpants she was wearing then it all clicked. Been a few years and not my first event so I didn’t get the is this a real thing question.

I’ve spent a good amount of time browsing before and since yesterday. I have a good idea about most of it but want to go try some things out asap.

I’m feeling great about the Paradise reign of terror coming to an end. This Hackers roster is looking good!

Still trying to wrap my head around getting picked. I’ll be demoing everything over the next couple of weeks but I’m 100% sure there will be a 7w & 9w in the bag.
That would tough, Cobra does not make a 9w haha

Back