EXPERIENCE The 2024 Finale with UST Mamiya

Yes but that is including grip into the equation. If it’s just lighter shaft losing the head it just seems odd to me

That’s why I say all things being equal.. grip, head. But different shafts. So it would feel lighter in the head. How much? Debatable..

Oh. So way heavier.. ok. No i am lost. Lol
I think it’s a balance or stability issue. The lighter shafts don’t provide the same stability, hence can’t tell where the club head is.

You know, conventional wisdom would say yes, but not really for me. With the heavier shafts, it just feels like an extension of the shaft. I know where the shaft is, so I know where the head is. (No context THP look out.) With the lighter shafts, I loose where everything is. Plus, I’m less likely to over swing with the heavier shafts.
I have had the same experience. I am a wee lad so when I get fit every fitter just assumes lighter shafts. I roll with it because you know they are pros. Every time I get on course and I spray the ball all over the course. I just got fit a month ago. I tell the fitter he is going to want to put me into lightweight shafts but I don't get along with them on the course. End of 3 hours of hitting balls and he has me in 75 gram steel iron shafts. Like bro I literally told you I can't play with those. I splurged for some PXG's a few years ago. Went with some KBS graphite shafts that were 70 grams I think. Could not keep the ball on the course. Switched the shafts out for some KBS Tours and first round shot a 75.

I think it’s a balance or stability issue. The lighter shafts don’t provide the same stability, hence can’t tell where the club head is.
In Ust Mamiya graphite?

Spent all day cleaning up and finally have my build station to a point I can do some club work.

Few UST Mamiya shafts are ready to go.

Now I just need a Callaway adapter for this one from the Rivalry.
IMG_2972.jpeg

…and then some custom Recoils that I picked up some ferrules for. Now to figure which irons they are going in.
IMG_2973.jpeg

Spent all day cleaning up and finally have my build station to a point I can do some club work.

View attachment 9254841

…and then some custom Recoils that I picked up some ferrules for. Now to figure which irons they are going in.
View attachment 9254842
Love the recoil shafts.

View attachment 9254841

View attachment 9254842
I have one for you

View attachment 9254841

View attachment 9254842
Oh wow....those custom recoil colors are :love:

I chatted a little with Danny about the finale and um......all I can say is that I want in.

Mind blowing to think that I have even the slightest chance.

View attachment 9254841

View attachment 9254842
That thp recoil looks pretty good.

Always good to have friends.
It is and I actually left my Grandaddy UST Mamiya shaft at the THP Tech studio with a Callaway adapter. There is going to be some fun testing coming up!!!

I chatted a little with Danny about the finale and um......all I can say is that I want in.

Mind blowing to think that I have even the slightest chance.
The THPers that get lucky to attend will be the envy of everyone else following.

That thp recoil looks pretty good.
Pulled them from the Ben Hogan’s they were in and damn some destroyed the tips. These ferrules are 3” long. 😂😂😂

The THPers that get lucky to attend will be the envy of everyone else following.
The beat part is everybody knows the rules.
Get involved with UST Mamiya threads and live update threads

Failure to do that and there is literally no shot. But it’s up for grabs

@Thrillbilly Jim I wonder how much the heavier shaft helps keep you on plane, as opposed to feeling the head. I would suspect it’s flattening you out and helping you deliver from the inside more, thereby creating the feel like you can square the head easier.

Our first participant in the Finale?

@BigDill

Pulled them from the Ben Hogan’s they were in and damn some destroyed the tips. These ferrules are 3” long. 😂😂😂
Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

Mine are staying as pristine as they say they were built. I’m likely going to hang them on the was at some point. Heck, that day should be now. I’m gonna work on that this week.

Back