CONTEST The 2023 Masters Contest and Thread

One of the announcers on the taped round earlier said if Tiger made the third round, it would be tough on his body. If there was only a professional tour that would pay him an exorbitant amount of money to play less than 72 holes of golf!:unsure:

Postponing my pimento cheese sandwiches until Sunday.

I actually bought some for the first time in my life, had some small amounts to test it, but I’ll be joining you with making a sandwich tomorrow, feel like that would be a more fitting situation to enjoy my first pimento cheese sandwich! 👍👊

One of the announcers on the taped round earlier said if Tiger made the third round, it would be tough on his body. If there was only a professional tour that would pay him an exorbitant amount of money to play less than 72 holes of golf!:unsure:
I'm not sure he's particularly worried about money at this point. He has more than he, his kids and his kids' kids could ever spend in a lifetime. I think he's a lot more concerned with his legacy/popularity, and that would be hugely diminished if he were to make that jump. And with his current (and foreseeable future) physical state, there's no way he could play that many tournaments in a year, even 54 hole tournaments. He's still making money hand over fist from his sponsors, PIP, etc., even playing a very limited schedule. All he has to do is stay above room temperature and occasionally post on social that he changed his underwear or had avocado toast for breakfast, and the PGA Tour will keep handing him those $15M PIP checks and Nike will keep shoveling those sweet Chinese yen to him.

I'd absolutely love to see it happen just to watch s**t burn, but the chances of it are nil.

I actually bought some for the first time in my life, had some small amounts to test it, but I’ll be joining you with making a sandwich tomorrow, feel like that would be a more fitting situation to enjoy my first pimento cheese sandwich! 👍👊
For store bought I have always gone Palmetto. This MyThreeSons is superior.

I had one, and an egg salad, earlier. I think I’ll do the same tomorrow.

For store bought I have always gone Palmetto. This MyThreeSons is superior.
That’s the brand that I got My Three Sons - Emmy’s Original, my test sample was really good! Another store had My Three Sons - spicy Cheddar, but I passed on that one for the Original!

Does lunch start on the Back 9?
Don’t be crazy. Lunch starts at 9am and runs through to the Sunday back 9 when the puckering begins for them.

I was wondering the same thing. They never really did explain it, but I noticed two things. 1 - For casual water relief, the "nearest point of relief" would have been to the left of the fairway toward the bushes. 2 - When he did play the shot, he was standing in the casual water. If taking relief from casual water, you must take "complete relief" (including your stance).

That’s what I was thinking. His heel was definitely in the water.

IMG_3001.jpeg

Tiger was hurting today

Yeah I started making azalea cocktails. Not bad actually.

Might be a frost delay. 😂
IMG_0980.jpeg

My baker's dozen thoughts.

1) CBS coverage sucks monkey balls.

2) Brooksie has the luckiest timing, ever.

3) Tiger looked like a drowned, defeated old guy. But thanks to him for everything he did before this one bridge too far.

4) Most of the clothing sponsors who sell golf rain gear must be pissed at how many players chose to not wear rain gear in a deluge that might have highlighted their products.

5) I saw only one player/caddie pair who each had their own umbrellas.

6) Does Augusta supply white gore-tex caddie coveralls or did they force them to wear disgusting cotton coveralls in the aforementioned freezing deluge?

7) Professionals should be shown playing in difficult conditions, but this was worse than why they canceled for Covid.

8) Totally underwhelming spectacle for what should be the Triumph of the best major.

9) All in all, the LIV tour was the huge winner this weekend.

10) Way to go Fred Couples!

11) It was heartbreaking watching Justin Thomas crying after missing the cut.

12) Great golf weather here in Arizona. Just sayin'.

My wife has a small slumber party type business. Someone requested a golf themed party for their kid.

this was there set up.

Go Rahm as someone who worked the Masters twice in medical school and played course twice making up 4 shots very doable.

Back