Tell me you're old without telling me you're old

406-748-3324

That was our number from the time I was born until well after I graduated.
334-660-8631, only phone number we had growing up. Crazy I still remember it. Still remember my best friends number from middle school too.

I’ve used a word processor… the machine, not the software.

You have a collect call from “Mom, it’s me. I’m done. Pick me up”, press 1 to accept the call.

Most phone options had a statement to hold for an operator if you weren’t using a touch tone phone.

I was once the young intern at the office. Now we have interns who are younger than my career.

Our local muni used to charge kids 75 cent green fees and you could play all day. Mom would drop me off in the morning and pick me up before dinner.

Same here. My Step-Dad would drop me off in the summer with enough money for all day golf and a dog and a coke at lunch. When I got serious about golf in my late teens, the driving range was cheap as dirt, and I could play 9 at one of the nicest publics in the area for 3 bucks!

And we had all our friends' phone numbers memorized.

For whatever reason, I can still remember our phone number from when I was in 5th grade.

Yeah! Forget that now! And I still remember our old phone number that started with a word! The word was "Olympic". O-L translated as 6-5, so our number was 652-5266! In old movies you'll hear fake telephone numbers as "Klondike 5". These days that translates as "555".

oh man, I still remember my childhood phone number when I lived in Nebraska. We only had to dial 5 numbers to call friends in town at the time. number was 537-2233. In high school I used to phreak pay phones to call home. interestingly, I don't remember our phone number from that time, even though I probably called it way more than I ever did the number in nebraska.

oh man, I still remember my childhood phone number when I lived in Nebraska. We only had to dial 5 numbers to call friends in town at the time. number was 537-2233. In high school I used to phreak pay phones to call home. interestingly, I don't remember our phone number from that time, even though I probably called it way more than I ever did the number in nebraska.
My Pop grew up in a little town down in the bootheel of Missouri. It was so small that when you asked for somebody's phone number they just gave you the last 4, because the first 3 numbers were the same for everybody in town. "What's Jack's phone number?" "5291"

Late nights and early mornings.

I know what this is and what it used to be used for.
1708864223248.png

My Uber driver just changed the radio station, unsolicited, to Sirius XM 70’s on 7. Not complaining.

Captain Kangaroo, anyone?

Hobo Kelly?

H.R. Pufnstuf?

The Banana Splits?

Speed Racer?
All of these were early morning viewing! Not quite sure about Hobo Kelly. For me it was Ray Raynor and Clutch Cargo.

Captain Kangaroo, anyone?

Hobo Kelly?

H.R. Pufnstuf?

The Banana Splits?

Speed Racer?
Conjunction Junction...what's your function!!

I'm just a Bill 😎

For whatever reason, I can still remember our phone number from when I was in 5th grade.
My Mom still has the same number we got when we moved to this town in 1971

Saw Lee Harvey Oswald killed on live black and white tv. Scared the heck out of me but not like hearing the principal telling us first graders on the PA that President Kennedy had died. I walked home and was literally terrified every step

I remember ours from the house we moved out of when I was 7. 604-0761, now there'd be a 9 in front.

I remember you could put the switch in the middle position, simultaneously hold down the 13 and 3 channel buttons and hack into the Playboy channel on my cable box............... 🤷‍♂️

Went to see MASH went it was new in a drive-in theater.

I used to play with Lawn Darts with my friends.

Honey, would you get up and turn the channel and while you’re up would you adjust the bunny ears.
Which station? ABC, NBC or CBS. I wish we had more choices

I used to play with Lawn Darts with my friends.
We not only rode bikes without helmets, as far as we knew there wasn't such a thing as a bike helmet.

Dr Phil What GIF by 8it

Back