Tell me you're old without telling me you're old

I used a rotary phone

hbo rotary phone GIF by Vinyl

My first computer was a Commodore 64 with a tape drive.

Growing up our television was a wooden cabinet with four legs, and you changed channels and adjusted the volume by using dials on the TV itself.

The stereo was a full cabinet where you lifted the top; inside was a AM/FM receiver, eight-track player and turntable.

I have owned the same album on eight-track, cassette and CD.

The first PC I ever used the program was on a cassette that you had to load, and the screen was green on black.

Almost forgot: the phone was on the wall in the kitchen

This was the best shooting game that we all played as kids on the original Nintendo. Call of Duty didn't come out until 20 years in the future on the much more advanced PS3 and XBox 360. 😀

View attachment 9244601
That game was awesome, until that dog would laugh at you. Then you wish you could bop the dog with the blaster.

I had 8 tracks.

That game was awesome, until that dog would laugh at you. Then you wish you could bop the dog with the blaster.
An absolute classic. And I wanted the dog to F off. Lol.

Would you like a butterscotch?

We have an antique silky oak ice chest similar to the one my parents owned when I was a child. The chest holds one large block of ice. It is exactly the same as the one my parents had before the electric refrigerator.
I couldn't resist it when I saw it in an antique sale 20 odd years ago.

Well everyone makes me feel good in here...

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
I used a rotary phone

hbo rotary phone GIF by Vinyl
And we had all our friends' phone numbers memorized.

For whatever reason, I can still remember our phone number from when I was in 5th grade.

For whatever reason, I can still remember our phone number from when I was in 5th grade.
I can remember my address from a few homes growing up, plus my home phone number from last place before I moved out

Yep. Back when you only had to dial 7 numbers

Yep. Back when you only had to dial 7 numbers
Yeah, but you didn't dare call your friend who lived two cities over because it was a long distance call and your parents weren't happy when they got the bill!

We were on a party line for a bit when I was a kid. That was fun.

Yeah, but you didn't dare call your friend who lived two cities over because it was a long distance call and your parents weren't happy when they got the bill!
Oh for sure. "Who the hell called California for 30 minutes?!" :ROFLMAO:

I played TPC Sawgrass for 35$. Was supposed to be 70 but they punched the greens 2 days before we played so they gave us half off.

The music in the gym before basketball games at the school is too loud! And as I said as a kid, “if it’s too loud you’re too old”

IMG_2617.png

406-748-3324

That was our number from the time I was born until well after I graduated.

I remember gettin 14 albums from Columbia House for $.01.
And playing them on a record player that was actually a piece of furniture.

My first job only paid minimum wage. It was $1.65 an hour. Going to McDs for lunch. Burger, fries and a Coke was under a dollar
I went to Matinee movie, $1.00 movie ticket, coke and bag of popcorn.

Back