Tell me what shoes to buy and i will buy them

MtlJeff

The skimmer
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+2
Hello THP

I need to buy some new golf shoes for 2024. Typically i have been a big fan of stuff like the Ecco S3 , comfortable shoes that are very easy to walk in but also have at least a decent spike pattern.

Here is what i like
-Comfortable and easy to walk in ( i walk and carry every round)
-Spikes don't need to be super aggressive, but i need to have a legit spike/tread pattern....not like a running shoe
-Need to be able to order online to Canada, or be a brand that my Club would have an account with (Footjoy, Callaway etc)
-I'm not super price sensitive....so lay it on me

Other than that i don't care. And i am not an expert in the shoe market. Tell me what to buy!!!!!! And i will do it

I'd be tempted to stick with the Eccos, you know exactly what you're in for.

Of course, you want to try something different, so I would say take a look at the Puma Phantomcat Nitro with the cool non-spike spikes

I rotate a couple of pairs of Ecco biom c4 boas. Grabbed a few in Dec when they were running a big sale. I walk most rounds as well (pushcart though). My feet never hurt after. I feel like I could walk 36 in these no problem. Not sure if you ever play in damp conditions but the gortex keeps you bone dry. Lots of good options these days but you can’t go wrong with Ecco. Comfy and indestructible.

Hello THP

I need to buy some new golf shoes for 2024. Typically i have been a big fan of stuff like the Ecco S3 , comfortable shoes that are very easy to walk in but also have at least a decent spike pattern.

Here is what i like
-Spikes don't need to be super aggressive, but i need to have a legit spike/tread pattern....not like a running shoe
-Need to be able to order online to Canada, or be a brand that my Club would have an account with (Footjoy, Callaway etc)

Other than that i don't care. And i am not an expert in the shoe market. Tell me what to buy!!!!!! And i will do it

Ecco Fits You?

I would think they'd be available in Canada since you have a pair already.

For your golfing and colorful pleasure, I present the ECCO Eric Van Rooyen Limited Edition.
ECCO.jpg

Of all the pairs I have had in recent years, ASICS gel kayano ace have been the most comfortable to me. I walk every round. They are like aggressive tennis shoes not spikes but you’re not going to slip

With that description I am partial to the Adidas Tour 360.

this is a very solid option---thank you---definitely will consider this

I rotate a couple of pairs of Ecco biom c4 boas. Grabbed a few in Dec when they were running a big sale. I walk most rounds as well (pushcart though). My feet never hurt after. I feel like I could walk 36 in these no problem. Not sure if you ever play in damp conditions but the gortex keeps you bone dry. Lots of good options these days but you can’t go wrong with Ecco. Comfy and indestructible.

Thanks!!!! i'd like a bit more tread than the Biom. The S3 has the circular spike tread that is just a tad more aggressive

That is basically the minimum i'd look for.....it gets a bit wet here. I don;t need super aggresive, but the S3 tread is probably the min

Planning to grab some of the ASICS kayano ace myself sometime soon. I do want try try on the Puma offerings too though

Of all the pairs I have had in recent years, ASICS gel kayano ace have been the most comfortable to me. I walk every round. They are like aggressive tennis shoes not spikes but you’re not going to slip

This is basically a perfect suggestion

I asked my pro if he can order Asics

Planning to grab some of the ASICS kayano ace myself sometime soon. I do want try try on the Puma offerings too though

The ACE Pro M look amazing for me. Sporty....kind of aggressive tread.

My pro says he can order them

You ever try those?

Thanks!!!! i'd like a bit more tread than the Biom. The S3 has the circular spike tread that is just a tad more aggressive

That is basically the minimum i'd look for.....it gets a bit wet here. I don;t need super aggresive, but the S3 tread is probably the min
Can’t blame you. That was one of my concerns. But I’m on my second season wearing these and have had no issues with slippage.

Could just be my elite footwork though. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0483.gif
    IMG_0483.gif
    11.6 MB · Views: 3
I have three pairs of these. They are very comfortable and stable.

I have three pairs of these. They are very comfortable and stable.

which model? I would have to buy these on Amazon but they seem available

The ACE Pro M look amazing for me. Sporty....kind of aggressive tread.

My pro says he can order them

You ever try those?
I have not. I’ve been wearing the ASICS gel course the last 2 years though and have liked them

I have three different ones. The speed mesh is probably my favorite but they aren't waterproof. I have two pair of the speed model and they are waterproof. They are also on sale now on their website for $149, normally $199. I'm tempted. Haha.

Do you like a very heavy shoe? Then these are them. If you walk frequently, don't do Squarz (and I own a pair - used infrequently when in a cart)

Here is what i like
-Skechers
-Skechers
-Skechers
-Skechers
Bonus points - their biggest brand ambassador is none other than Canada's best golfer
Brooke.jpg

Puma Alphacat
ASICS gel Kayano ace

Hello THP

Here is what i like

Ecco LT1 Ecco just released a new model.

Might want to give it a shot. New model is said to be super lightweight. New leather is super thin and soft. Waterproof. Bouncy supportive sole.

Back