Tell me about Tobacco Road.

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The wife and I have decided to make a day trip up to tobacco road for the first time on the 13th.

We are both high handicappers, but I think we will be fine. Who all has played there?
I think I've watched every tobacco road video on YouTube and have a good idea of what the course is going to throw at us. The one thing I can't figure out, is how she is going to do from the forward tees. Are there any really long carry holes from the most forward tees? My wife is awesome with her driver but her longest drives are 150-160 and probably averages 135 off the tee.

I want to play there! I’ve been to Tot Hill Farm which is another Mike Strantz course. I think @Carolina Dundee, @e1iterate, and @OITW have played Tobacco Road.

It was one of the most fun courses I’ve ever played. Very pure.

Yeah dude. I'm pretty stoked. Its almost a 4 hour drive, so its gonna be a long day lol.

Yup. Love the foreplay guys

Curious to hear how it goes. I too want to make the roughly 4 hour drive to play there and Pinehurst.

Hopefully you will have someone in your group who has played before to help with the blind shots.

Just remember the course doesn’t play too hard except for the greens and there are plenty of safe shots out there.

You will have a great time regardless.

Hopefully you will have someone in your group who has played before to help with the blind shots.

Just remember the course doesn’t play too hard except for the greens and there are plenty of safe shots out there.

You will have a great time regardless.
Oh, I've had the app for 2 years. Been planning my round for. A LONG time lol
So stoked:p

I think it is a tricked up and goofy golf course. It is visually striking but for me it isn’t worth the money or the drive. I would rather play Pinehurst 2, 4 or 8 ,Pine Needles or Mid Pines.

Lots of people love it though so I am definitely in the minority.

It's bucket list course for me! Hope you and your wife have a fantastic time!

Seems like everyone has said what needs to be said. Stranz died way too early. He left some awesome courses. Tot Hill Farm is so unassuming. You just drive up, pay your money and get your butt kicked. At least with Tobacco Road you know what's coming. You'll have fun. And your wife will too.

I'll add one thing....When you get to the practice green.....There is some ridiculous slope on it. Practice on that slope as you will encounter similar on the course.....

Played there yesterday. Wild place, especially when the greens are flying. More of a hit and pray place, but crazy fun. Was very happy with my 89 from the blue tees. I’d compare it most to Chambers Bay, just a wild landscape to play on.
25ab2d74b63909112644de6adb710964.jpg

a659a14e0e0a36fc6a9c1324c455c1f1.jpg

Tobacco is a fun track, first time out you will have many blind shots not knowing the target. It is cool but very tricked out off the tee.

Enjoy it, you wont have your PBR out there but it is fun.

Played there yesterday. Wild place, especially when the greens are flying. More of a hit and pray place, but crazy fun. Was very happy with my 89 from the blue tees. I’d compare it most to Chambers Bay, just a wild landscape to play on.
25ab2d74b63909112644de6adb710964.jpg

a659a14e0e0a36fc6a9c1324c455c1f1.jpg
Which hole is that tee box picture?

Back