Tell a THPer Golf Story

@e1iterate and @JDax were partners in a team event once in MS. I had met one of them, but not the other, but they knew each other. Around the middle of the match during alt shot, they are "deciding" on what club to play for one of them to play the approach. This led to nearly coming to blows on the course (not really) and then the next shot, using the club he was told to use, it was a flubbed shot that had the argument escalating even more. It was downright hysterical.
Don't forget, they won the next hole with a conceded albatross.

Somewhere on the Internet there's a video by a local news channel documenting the 2013 Morgan Cup at True Blue. In addition to a spectacular clip of yours truly draining a long putt on 17, there's a clip of BullFrog dressed all in Rickie Orange hitting a drive on 18 and wincing. The wince was because he bounced it off the top of my wife's golf cart as she drove down the cart path.

2022 Budget Golf Championship at Dormie, final day extra round being played with @Wkndhookr @FranTheMan and @Jeff Spicoli , me and @Wkndhookr are in the same cart and he is driving and having all kinds of problems with the Geofencing.

Hole 1 he drives the cart forward to an area that the cart shuts off and tells him to back out, @Wkndhookr backs the cart into a tree and we have to call the pro shop to turn off the geofencing on that cart so we can move it forward to get it unstuck. Get to hole 3 and we are in the middle of the fairway driving to his ball and the cart once again shuts off telling him to back out (we are nowhere near the geofencing) he starts backing out and the message never disappears so he gets out and tells me to keep moving it while he grabs his clubs to go hit (I had already hit my second shot and was within pitching distance) so @Wkndhookr grabs his clubs and walks like 5 yards away and all of a sudden the back up message disappears and I can drive the cart right past where we were just stopped. It was hilarious that the carts geofencing seemed to dislike @Wkndhookr.
I had forgotten about that. So funny.

@sposey013168 organized, hosted and even paid for a bunch of golf for numerous THPers in the greater Branson area, including a round at his club. Super super generous and it was a ton of fun. Still can’t say thank you enough.

First thp meetup was years ago at tot hill farm and there is a par 3 that I think it was lightningbolt hit his shot into the rock pile. Went to look for it, saw a snake move and said nope I'll take a drop. Might have been someone else but we all died laughing.

Next one.
@e1iterate and @JDax were partners in a team event once in MS. I had met one of them, but not the other, but they knew each other. Around the middle of the match during alt shot, they are "deciding" on what club to play for one of them to play the approach. This led to nearly coming to blows on the course (not really) and then the next shot, using the club he was told to use, it was a flubbed shot that had the argument escalating even more. It was downright hysterical.

Having played a bunch with both of them, I can definitely imagine this one.

Played with @Deebo76 @Davidhibler and @Thrillbilly Jim back in August when Ro was in town. I get to the 17th and stupidly said holy crap I've used the same ball all round, proceed to send my wedge shot into the water 🤬

I think it was a Cleveland golf event in SoCal….a bunch of us were waiting near the green of the last hole while the last group finished up. @JB was in the driver seat of his cart facing forward. A wayward ball came right toward his head. He did his best Spider-Man / Matrix by reaching up and catching the ball that was headed for the side of his head. No idea how he saw it (must have eyes in the side of his head), much less caught it

Okay, I have shared these one a few times, but some funny ones.
We had a two man team event up north and one of the teams was struggling a bit. Or should I say one of the members. They make the turn and are probably in the bottom third in standings and one partner turns to the other and says.

"What Place are we in"
It was followed by well we aren't going to win, but having lots of fun.
"Im out". Proceeded to unstrap his bag, take it and walk off the course never to be heard from again.

Next one.

I could be here all day writing up awesome moments.
Haven't met jdax but knowing Mike I can definitely picture this

Somewhere on the Internet there's a video by a local news channel documenting the 2013 Morgan Cup at True Blue. In addition to a spectacular clip of yours truly draining a long putt on 17, there's a clip of BullFrog dressed all in Rickie Orange hitting a drive on 18 and wincing. The wince was because he bounced it off the top of my wife's golf cart as she drove down the cart path.
The other wince was because a participant being sponsored by Cobra, said on the news "Unlike Rickie Fowler, we are going to win"

I think it was a Cleveland golf event in SoCal….a bunch of us were waiting near the green of the last hole while the last group finished up. @JB was in the driver seat of his cart facing forward. A wayward ball came right toward his head. He did his best Spider-Man / Matrix by reaching up and catching the ball that was headed for the side of his head. No idea how he saw it (must have eyes in the side of his head), much less caught it
That was a shining moment for sure. Remember that like it was yesterday.

The other wince was because a participant being sponsored by Cobra, said on the news "Unlike Rickie Fowler, we are going to win"
I'll never forget that, still baffled by that.

I once randomly ran into @Nate at a golf course 250 miles from my house. I saw him in a cart near the clubhouse and ran up to him. He said "out of the corner of my eye, I saw a guy running towards me in a shirt that Jank would wear". Sure enough, it was me.

The day before the first Hogan event @J4U, @ArmyGolf and I decided to play a round of golf. None of us had clubs…we ended up playing a round on the biggest goat track ever with a 6i and putter….between the 3 of us. It was one of the most fun rounds I’ve ever played.

I think the exact quote was along the lines of "just like Rickie I didn't show up on Sunday," but yeah - wince-worthy moment. And it didn't help the participant in question was dressed like Rickie.

Pull up just in front and about 20 yards left of hibs and he hits a rocket right below my right knee. 🤦‍♂️

I shouldn't have been there but it hurt no doubt and I proceeded to play lights up the rest of the round making an eagle, and a birdie from the bunker with my putter haha.
Truth be told you should have been totally safe where you were and I'm sorry. Glad you didn't die.

Wrapping up the first match of the 2020 Morgan Cup with @Master Yagley @oumagic @KY Golfer

I say something towards the end about regretting not bringing a flask to toast the end.
KY says hold on and pulls out the whole 1/5th of bourbon from his bag. :LOL:

@ToddJ027b later hit 14/16 greens after hitting 0/12 fairways. For a just as memorable but less fun moment. :LOL:

I've seen @T0AD fall out of more than a few bunkers over the course of several years. @#troy hit a birdie putt off a green and into a pond. @O'Carroll may have killed a jogger with a tee shot. @Mmaynard11 probably shot 74 in a best ball tournament and got no glory for his boring-ass pars because he freed everyone else up to make the birdies.
I guess I deleted that from my memory bank. Where was this putt, Kinderlou?

I also, dont think that is the only time I have done that.

Wrapping up the first match of the 2020 Morgan Cup with @Master Yagley @oumagic @KY Golfer

I say something towards the end about regretting not bringing a flask to toast the end.
KY says hold on and pulls out the whole 1/5th of bourbon from his bag. :LOL:

@ToddJ027b later hit 14/16 greens after hitting 0/12 fairways. For a just as memorable but less fun moment. :LOL:
0/12 is a bit harsh..... ok, ok, 2/12

I hit JB’s cart twice on the back 9 of the Ocean Course at Hammock Beach. Both times, he was in a spot hidden from view. First shot was a few yards right of 10 green. I’ll accept blame for the second. Shanks happen.

That was funny and an amazing trip!

My first THP event The Rivalry in 2022 in Nashville. Playing in the first group with @DannyLe and of course, I am nervous getting ready to hit my tee shot on the first hole. I am looking for advice, consultation, and words of wisdom from my playing partner @MarMill and he is nowhere to be found. I hear in the background, "Can I get 1 large pizza with pineapples, anchovies, and black olives...delivered to an address in Norman, OK. This man was ordering a pizza for his family before we teed off!!

I've seen @T0AD fall out of more than a few bunkers over the course of several years. @#troy hit a birdie putt off a green and into a pond. @O'Carroll may have killed a jogger with a tee shot. @Mmaynard11 probably shot 74 in a best ball tournament and got no glory for his boring-ass pars because he freed everyone else up to make the birdies.
And I watched you hit the biggest Hook 8m the history of golf on a par 3 where the ball went farther left than the hole was long.

I guess I deleted that from my memory bank. Where was this putt, Kinderlou?

I also, dont think that is the only time I have done that.

That was one crazy putt/green/break!

And I watched you hit the biggest Hook in the history of golf on a par 3 where the ball went farther left than the hole was long.

Back