Taylormade XFT Wedge

Thanks everyone, i think i have made a good decision

Thanks everyone, i think i have made a good decision

Awesome choice man, did you get the 51, 55, 59 then?

I hope you enjoy them, i surely did! It's going to be hard to get used to my ATV which will make the ATV testing interesting for me since I really like my xFT and the ATV will have to live up to this and it's going to take a lot for me to change!

Anyways, so far after having vokeys, and forged cleveland wedges in the past, the xFT wedges are still my favorite!

I hope you enjoy them, i surely did! It's going to be hard to get used to my ATV which will make the ATV testing interesting for me since I really like my xFT and the ATV will have to live up to this and it's going to take a lot for me to change!

Anyways, so far after having vokeys, and forged cleveland wedges in the past, the xFT wedges are still my favorite!

I agree the xFT's are awesome i have a set of Clevelands aswell great club but i love the xFT's alot better. And the Spinner shafts are really great, i find my sand game is on a new level now with them!

I'm thinking maybe next year i might give the ATV's a try but there really gonna have to do somthing amazing for me to kick them out of my bag. I just got mine from Dr.Teeth and im very very happy with them so far!

I agree the xFT's are awesome i have a set of Clevelands aswell great club but i love the xFT's alot better. And the Spinner shafts are really great, i find my sand game is on a new level now with them!

I'm thinking maybe next year i might give the ATV's a try but there really gonna have to do somthing amazing for me to kick them out of my bag. I just got mine from Dr.Teeth and im very very happy with them so far!

A nice THP member traded me my vokeys for his brand new xFT cause he didn't like them, I had to get them!

Yes they are nice wedges. I got a 52 - 56 with my R9 irons and added the 60 later. When my brain doesn't rebel and say you shouldn't be swinging that hard that close to the green the 60 hits beautiful Phil like flops. Right now I am looking for the longer Lamkin 3gen grips that are on the ATV...
http://www.lamkingrips.com/?r=Performance-Plus-3GEN-Wedge-White

A nice THP member traded me my vokeys for his brand new xFT cause he didn't like them, I had to get them!

Beauty trade man! Do you find the distance on the xFT's are shorter then the Clevelands or Voks? today i played a round and was coming up 5 yards shorter so i had to put a little more into it. I knew it was about 5 because my dad has my old Clevelands and with the same shot with the Cleveland's they were going longer. It's not a huge deal but i just noticed that it was a little weird and had to get use to that. I wonder if its the Spinner Shafts :S but It's not a big deal I then fixed that and stuck the pin twice after that for a par and birdie! shot 2 over on 9 :)

The thing i love about the xFT is if i wanna go pin hunting and hit my spot and stick it i can with these or if i want a roll i can also do that. With my old 588's i always had a roll unless i took a high risk flop.

Beauty trade man! Do you find the distance on the xFT's are shorter then the Clevelands or Voks? today i played a round and was coming up 5 yards shorter so i had to put a little more into it. I knew it was about 5 because my dad has my old Clevelands and with the same shot with the Cleveland's they were going longer. It's not a huge deal but i just noticed that it was a little weird and had to get use to that. I wonder if its the Spinner Shafts :S but It's not a big deal I then fixed that and stuck the pin twice after that for a par and birdie! shot 2 over on 9 :)

The thing i love about the xFT is if i wanna go pin hunting and hit my spot and stick it i can with these or if i want a roll i can also do that. With my old 588's i always had a roll unless i took a high risk flop.

Here's the thing I noticed about the wedges, first it was easier to hit full shots with-unlike my old wedges-which immediately added more distance haha. I love how the ball jumps off the face of the wedge and I really like the feel that I get with these wedges. Before I was in trouble when it came to shots about 100 yards or less in because I couldn't hit my vokey 52 correctly and skulled it across the green. Now I have just as much confidence as I do with a pitching wedge and said confidence has allowed me to improve my wedge game, my first birdie on a par 3 was with my xFT wedges, I missed the green by 10 ft and I holed it in from the rough, it was so easy to get the shot that I wanted with these wedges.

I had project X 5.5 shafts in my wedges and these KBS high Rev wedges get me the spin that I've always wanted even with conforming grooves.

I got the 50/06 bent to 51, 56/12 bent to 55 and 60/06 bent to 59. Im pretty excited.

Yes they are nice wedges. I got a 52 - 56 with my R9 irons and added the 60 later. When my brain doesn't rebel and say you shouldn't be swinging that hard that close to the green the 60 hits beautiful Phil like flops. Right now I am looking for the longer Lamkin 3gen grips that are on the ATV...
http://www.lamkingrips.com/?r=Performance-Plus-3GEN-Wedge-White

Those are some sexy grips. Love that they dont taper off and have the markings for hand placement. But for now I will stick with Multi Comp's.

I got the 50/06 bent to 51, 56/12 bent to 55 and 60/06 bent to 59. Im pretty excited.

That's a pretty good set up there, did you buy them locally then? I hope you love them!

That's a pretty good set up there, did you buy them locally then? I hope you love them!

acutally bought them on ebay at really good prices. All came from good reputable dealers in great condition. I live close to a really good private golf shop that do alot of custom work so I take everything to him to get my stuff worked on. All 3 have the stock KBS shaft that I currently was playing in my scratch wedges. My irons are the TT DG S300's. Would like to maybe eventually change them to KBS shafts

Here's the thing I noticed about the wedges, first it was easier to hit full shots with-unlike my old wedges-which immediately added more distance haha. I love how the ball jumps off the face of the wedge and I really like the feel that I get with these wedges. Before I was in trouble when it came to shots about 100 yards or less in because I couldn't hit my vokey 52 correctly and skulled it across the green. Now I have just as much confidence as I do with a pitching wedge and said confidence has allowed me to improve my wedge game, my first birdie on a par 3 was with my xFT wedges, I missed the green by 10 ft and I holed it in from the rough, it was so easy to get the shot that I wanted with these wedges.

I had project X 5.5 shafts in my wedges and these KBS high Rev wedges get me the spin that I've always wanted even with conforming grooves.
I would have made that trade as well. I have 6 of these wedges and used them for quite a while. Great feeling wedge and accurate. You can't beat the fact that you can swap out face plates quite easily. Hope they continue to serve you well.

I just got a set of xFT wedges and LOVE their feel. My favorite is the 52* and I've been attacking flags with it from 95 yards. It's the most accurate GW I've ever gamed. Here's my holy trinity:

attachment.php

I just got a set of xFT wedges and LOVE their feel. My favorite is the 52* and I've been attacking flags with it from 95 yards. It's the most accurate GW I've ever gamed. Here's my holy trinity:

attachment.php

You'll like these. I love mine. I can hit a lot of different shots with them. Very versatile clubs. They slide through long grass like a spork through pudding.

Kevin

I have a 58 in the market place if anyone wants it, I love my 52 wedge but since I have the 56 ATV, the 58 just sits in the corner, it's really a great wedge if anyone wants it let me know!

meow the 52 that I have is my favorite wedge that I use, I mainly focus on attacking the flag from 100ish, I get more then enough spin to stop the ball and allow me to putt closer.

Last edited:

attachment.php

Awesome, I love my 50/54/58 set, the gaps just seem to work great. Enjoy!

I just love my wedges, they feel great and I sometimes manage to spin them back from the rough on soft greens.

When using a half or three quarter swing, these wedges are money.

Back