TaylorMade Speed Stik Preview

Yea, it's kind of a little whistle sound.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

I figured that was the indicator. Have you noticed it seems to keep you in tempo a tad bit better due to the added weight? I might put a video up (if it doesn't take away from your review) to show people how it works.

Tap before talk.

Looks exactly like the ones at my home club, looking forward to how it works for you in the long run Hawk

I figured that was the indicator. Have you noticed it seems to keep you in tempo a tad bit better due to the added weight? I might put a video up (if it doesn't take away from your review) to show people how it works.

Tap before talk.

There is actually a very good video on it on the Tmag website done by a teaching pro (I think). I don't know that I can say whether it's helped my tempo at the moment. I definitely need some more time with it.

just saw this speed stick on taylormadegolf.com and was a bit confused. Besides acting as a warm up tool before a round of golf or measuring your SS, how does it really work as an excercise tool? have you for example tried to swing it for a while as suggested in the thread earlier?

just saw this speed stick on taylormadegolf.com and was a bit confused. Besides acting as a warm up tool before a round of golf or measuring your SS, how does it really work as an excercise tool? have you for example tried to swing it for a while as suggested in the thread earlier?

I think you are referring to using it as a tool to eventually increase swing speed? I've swung it for 10-15 minutes at a time, but I don't really use it on a regular basis like an exercise regimen. I think that the extra weight could help to increase swing speed if it was used regularly, but I can't say that with 100% certainty.

I think you are referring to using it as a tool to eventually increase swing speed? I've swung it for 10-15 minutes at a time, but I don't really use it on a regular basis like an exercise regimen. I think that the extra weight could help to increase swing speed if it was used regularly, but I can't say that with 100% certainty.

Exactly. Ok, I'll keep an eye out for future updates in this thread then.

Tappin' for world peace!

Just a short update on the Speed Stik.

I've been trying to use it for times other than warming up. Today, I spent about 20 minutes just swinging it and seeing what I could do with it. Again, I have to say that it is very accurate when it comes to measuring my normal swing speed.

I tried to work on a couple things with it today. First, I wanted to see what motions produced the highest swing speed while not getting completely out of control. I consistently had the best results with a slow, controlled backswing followed by a correctly timed release. My grip pressure and wrist hinge also played a big part it in a good result. I also tried to swing left handed, as that is what TM recommends, but I just couldn't do it. It was like walking backwards on an escalator. Just wasn't going to happen.

Still can't say that I have a strong opinion either way on the Speed Stik, but I'm going to keep working with it to get some good info for the review.

I just read the interview and was a bit intrigued by the speedstick. But I have also looked at the Tour Striker iron to try and fix my release, but after reading about the speedstick I an not so sure on what I should buy any more. Wich of the two would you guys choose? I could use the TM speedstick for a lot more things than the Tour striker, but which will help me get my release sorted out the best?

I just read the interview and was a bit intrigued by the speedstick. But I have also looked at the Tour Striker iron to try and fix my release, but after reading about the speedstick I an not so sure on what I should buy any more. Wich of the two would you guys choose? I could use the TM speedstick for a lot more things than the Tour striker, but which will help me get my release sorted out the best?

Id recommend the speed sleeve for this Ake. Its great for working on your irons and making better and more consistent ball contact.

Here you go: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?18907-TaylorMade-TR3-Speed-Sleeve-Training-Aid&highlight=Speed+Sleeve

Thanks, I will read about it. First thing I noticed was the price, 30 dollars are a bit easier on the wallet than 130 dollars. (pluss shipping and Norwegian taxes)

Back