TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

I will be getting the same shafts as tadashi in the R11's, the KBS 90's in stiff. I had the Burner 2.0's, with the stock steel shafts that weighed 86grams, and I liked them a lot. I went to those from the Rifle 6.0's and at first the lighter shaft was odd but it became pleasant. I liked being able to focus on an even tempo'd swing without sacrificing clubhead speed. After the 2.0's I went to the RXT's with KBS Tours in xstiff, which are 130grams. Big difference, but that is what the optimizer spit out for me. I also tested the KBS Tours in xstiff on a vector along side the 2.0's with the stock steel shafts and saw some crazy numbers.

One thing I noticed during the Morgan Cup, especially during the afternoon rounds, was that when I was tired, the heavier shafts became much tougher for me to fully utilize. As a result I saw some high, and to the left golf shots. I don't know, I guess I'm looking forward to getting back to something I can groove, rather than have to swing. Does that make sense?

Yea it makes sense. I hit a low ball and got the DG XP because it produces a little bit of a higher flight then the regular DG x100.

TC,

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these (as well as everyone else). I know you are a raving fan of the RXT's so I am curious to hear how these stack up.
D

Thanks Kevin...My plan is to have them on the range by 1030 tomorrow morning. I'll hit til lunch, head to the office and produce my thoughts.

Nice videos and thoughts tadashi. How soon are you getting them out?

These are great irons. I actually won a set in a scramble recently and will be getting them from Taylormade end of next week. There is a 3 week backorder on the sets so its taken awhile. I hit a demo on the range and it was the nicest GI iron Ive hit, top line not too thick etc. but I would rather play blades because thats what Ive always used and am use to. Anyway, cant put them in the marketplace yet because I don't have pictures of them until I get them in the mail. If anyone is interested in buying them off me, send me a pm and we can talk. The set Im getting is all standard with kbs tour stiff shafts, not the lightweight kbs 90's.

Great unboxing/first thoughts videos Tadashi! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these later tomorrow after you've hit them.

I'm looking forward to some more thoughts on these.

I need to have another business month or two like the last couple. Then I can buy a set of these to be little brothers to my CBs. Ah, who am I kidding? There will most likely be a set of these in my house for next season, but I won't be playing them. Her quote on the last visit to Golfsmith, "Oooh, these are coooolllll!"

Kevin

Great videos Tadashi, i hope USPS delivers as quick as you picked them up! Gonna be a tough couple days waiting, i can't remember the last time i was this excited about a trying out new clubs! Great points about the Player iron/ Game improvement irons. When i was fitted this year for my 2.0s i hit the CBs also and i just wasn't satisfied that i would hit them consistently enough not to get the 2.0s cause i didn't want my game to suffer. But i was really hoping to upgrade to a players iron. i'm really hoping these are the best of both worlds. Im trying to progress as a player and take my game to the next level. well see if these clubs help me do that!

Great unboxing Tadashi!!

It must be nice to be able to swing by and pick them up instead of waiting on the UPS guy :alien:

Can't wait to read your thoughts on these.

Tadashi that was a great start to the reviews. Fantastic!

Great stuff tadashi!! Can't wait till your after range thoughts

tapatalk addict....

looking forward to the review on these bad boys :)

Congrats again to all of the testers. What a great opportunity from THP and Taylormade.

Great unboxing video Tadashi. Looking forward to following everyone's thoughts on the R11 irons.

Fantastic initial thoughts Tadashi. Your boy is super cute. Cant wait to hear the thoughts on performance. I dont think I will be all too surprised!

For those drooling over these irons, www.kingdom59.com has them on sale for the next 2 days (I am sure they will sell out before then) for as low as $649 for a 7 piece steel set.

Tadashi, great, GREAT unboxing vid's man! Cant wait to hear how these do for you today.

Great job on the unboxing video Tadashi. My 7-year old son also wants to try out every new golf club I receive but fortunately he is a lefty!!

Thanks for the great vids, Tadashi. It will be interesting to see how these irons work out for you over the long term.

September 23, 2011 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Hot humid day about 92* and 100* HUMIDITY
Shingle Creek Golf Resort in the Idrive cooridor of Orlando
R11 testing day 1.

I spent about 1.5 hours on the range testing out the Taylormade R11s with KBS 90 shafts (lite weight offering from KBS). I warmed up with some stretching and wedges before I started testing the R11s.
Once I was warm and had picked my swing thought for todays range session (quiet hips) I began testing the R11s. Working on a quiet lower body caused a few wierd swings but nothing that I can't work out. I tell you this only to set the stage, not to make excuses.

I put together a few clips of my time leading up to the range, locker room and range time. The first is my into to the Shingle Creek Resort. My clips really express my feeling at the time of testing. I thought it important to capture the feeling as they happened instead of trying to recreate them later. As you watch the clips please pay attention to the sound the ball makes as the club crashes down on it. The rest of my thoughts are pretty much conveyed in the videos.

I've said many times and will continue to do so because I don't think it can be said enough...Thank you THP and Taylormade Golf for this great oppurtunity!
Driving up to the facility, Shingle Creek
Spoiler

This clip is just a little over view of the locker room and facilities (just an FYI video)

Spoiler

This next clip is my feelings on the R11 7 iron and impressions of the club on the range with a few swings mixed in

Spoiler

These are my thoughts on the 8 iron and a fw swings. This is also the end of my range session.

Spoiler

Tadashi I'm so excited to get a look at your videos later man. Glad you were able to get your R11 on so quick!

Tadashi doin' work! Nice to see some reviews so quickly after the testers were chosen.
Great videos of your range session.

Loving the testing so far Tadashi! Great videos!

Very nice thus far Tadashi! I'm certainly going to dig in in reading and following these review!

great videos Tadashi, man i can't wait for these to show up at my door.

Tadashi You have done an awesome job!!!!! Loved all the videos!

Fun unboxing and first range session vids, Tadashi! Hope you get used to the lighter weight soon.

Back