TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

Really want to demo these at some point as I’m sure I’ll be surrounded by them this season. Love the blue face, and that standard head shape is calling my name.

Can you see the ball print on the carbon face like you can see it on a black faced driver?
On the Stealth 2 you can see ball marks on the face pretty well

Mine came with the Speeder 60R. But it is not the exact Speeder shaft on the Fujikura website. It doesn’t say variable torque on it. Says Torque Control System.

Attachments

• IMG_3798.jpeg
    IMG_3798.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3797.jpeg
    IMG_3797.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 11
Mine came with the Speeder 60R. But it is not the exact Speeder shaft on the Fujikura website. It doesn’t say variable torque on it. Says Torque Control System.
Awesome. How's it feel? Did you buy it off the rack or hit it first?

Awesome. How's it feel? Did you buy it off the rack or hit it first?
I hit it first. Started with the stock shaft, then the fitter popped the Speeder in to get the spin down to @2200. So far I like the shaft. Seems to fit my swing fairly well. Came from EvenFlow 65R in my Rogue. Trying different sleeve setting right now to reign in the dispersion to my liking.

I hit the whole assortment last week in a bay at PGA SS, the shape is SO Classic TM even though I 100% notice the size jump to my eye.

I think they’re super clean, though they’ve lost some identity with the full carbon wrap crown.

What surprised me were two things, one, the LS wasn’t the lowest spin head I hit contrary to some of the YouTube talking heads. But two, they were fourth in speed for me, granted, between 2,3,4 it was TIGHT, but it was still surprising.

Fun feedback off the face, and played like a TM driver for me which I always hit well.

How much faster was the Darkspeed for you vs. the others? Also, roughly what's your driver swing speed?

How much faster was the Darkspeed for you vs. the others? Also, roughly what's your driver swing speed?
DS LS was 1mph clear of Smoke TD, which was about 0.5-.75 clear of the others.

111-114

Has anyone put the standard Qi10 to the Stealth(OG)? Only see comparisons to the Stealth2...
Thank you

Need to get out and hit this. Found a decent discount on the Qi10 Standard to replace my Sim2 Max but don't really want to pull the trigger without hitting it.

11/13 with the Qi10 LS today. Had a couple misses, but mostly hit the exact shots, shapes, and windows I wanted throughout. That's the control and miss management I've seen for me with it vs. the others this year.

Wouldn't change anything with it right now. Was a weapon out there on a really challenging conditions day. 7400y plug fairways?

Luke Skywalker Brush GIF by Star Wars

Here in Canada the ping 10k is $880, the qi10 max is $800. Advantage TaylorMade.

11/13 with the Qi10 LS today. Had a couple misses, but mostly hit the exact shots, shapes, and windows I wanted throughout. That's the control and miss management I've seen for me with it vs. the others this year.

Wouldn't change anything with it right now. Was a weapon out there on a really challenging conditions day. 7400y plug fairways?

Luke Skywalker Brush GIF by Star Wars
What is your setup?

Got to do a fitting the other day. The club looks beautiful. Fitting was indoors though, so wanna try outdoors before I buy. Also want to hit the new AI Smoke and Darkspeed, but very excited from what I saw.

So I’ve gone in and hit a few of the new drivers. I’ll preface this by saying that my path and AoA have gone awry this off season lol. I’ve been getting more and more from the inside the past few years. So my miss is typically a block or a low spin hook.

To remedy the hook I’ve been going with the most fade biased drivers I could find. They also tend to be the lowest spinning. And with the low spin hook miss, I decided that spin optimization above all else was going to be my focus.

I’ve kind of set out to test the Max drivers of the year. I also tried the Darkspeed LS since I currently have the LTDx LS. As expected, the darkspeed ls eas far too low spin for me. Was hitting big hook after big hook. Getting down into the 1300 range at times. It’s all my delivery. But, it’s easier to buy a higher spinning head than it is overhaul my swing.

I tried the G430 Max 10K. And like the Darkspeed, it was too low spin. I also couldn’t get it to launch very well. It was eliminated early.

Those I hit after the Qi10 Max.

I was at Scheels right before closing a couple weeks ago. They asked if they could help me with anything. I asked to just see the heads. They weren’t on the rack yet. The employee asked if I wanted to try it. So, he threw a Tensei Black 65X in the Qi10 max and without any warm up or stretching, just cold off the streets I started hitting. First swing was a perfect push draw. 2400 rpm. Next swing was the same. I never lost one left. And I never went over 3k spin. In the reviews I’ve seen this was supposed to be really high spinning. But, for me, with my path and delivery issues it seemed to be exactly what the doctor ordered.

I went in a couple of times after to confirm my findings before finally ordering the Qi10 Max.

In those sessions I tested the Darkspeed X, the Paradym AI Smoke Max, and the standard Qi10. The darkspeed X was just a triangular shape I could not get comfortable with. It wasn’t as consistent as the Qi10 Max either. A little lower spin with the low spin knuckle hook definitely making an appearance. The AI Smoke Max looked pretty good at address. I prefer the one color crown and the chevron looked weird on there. Like it was crammed in as an afterthought. Felt great and was better for me than the Darkspeed. But spin was too low and consistency suffered. Went back to the Qi10 Max and was back to hitting those push draws again. Just over and over.

With the added spin, the ball just seemed to hold its line so much better. Even on shots like below (last swing on last test session), the spin climbed a bit but still getting plenty of distance and that gorgeous push draw.

1707324212671.jpeg

A few shots from my first session. Again, zero warm up and this thing was so playable.

1707324114590.jpeg
1707324149897.jpeg

I dropped the loft down to 7° to see how spin was affected. I think as my path straightens out, I’ll be able to adjust the max accordingly to keep my spin where I want it. And that’s in the 2200-2800 range. I know I’m an amateur. So my spin window is large haha.

1707324169929.jpeg

So I’ve gone in and hit a few of the new drivers. I’ll preface this by saying that my path and AoA have gone awry this off season lol. I’ve been getting more and more from the inside the past few years. So my miss is typically a block or a low spin hook.

To remedy the hook I’ve been going with the most fade biased drivers I could find. They also tend to be the lowest spinning. And with the low spin hook miss, I decided that spin optimization above all else was going to be my focus.

I’ve kind of set out to test the Max drivers of the year. I also tried the Darkspeed LS since I currently have the LTDx LS. As expected, the darkspeed ls eas far too low spin for me. Was hitting big hook after big hook. Getting down into the 1300 range at times. It’s all my delivery. But, it’s easier to buy a higher spinning head than it is overhaul my swing.

I tried the G430 Max 10K. And like the Darkspeed, it was too low spin. I also couldn’t get it to launch very well. It was eliminated early.

I was at Scheels right before closing a couple weeks ago. They asked if they could help me with anything. I asked to just see the heads. They weren’t on the rack yet. The employee asked if I wanted to try it. So, he threw a Tensei Black 65X in the Qi10 max and without any warm up or stretching, just cold off the streets I started hitting. First swing was a perfect push draw. 2400 rpm. Next swing was the same. I never lost one left. And I never went over 3k spin. In the reviews I’ve seen this was supposed to be really high spinning. But, for me, with my path and delivery issues it seemed to be exactly what the doctor ordered.

I went in a couple of times after to confirm my findings before finally ordering the Qi10 Max.

In those sessions I tested the Darkspeed X, the Paradym AI Smoke Max, and the standard Qi10. The darkspeed X was just a triangular shape I could not get comfortable with. It wasn’t as consistent as the Qi10 Max either. A little lower spin with the low spin knuckle hook definitely making an appearance. The AI Smoke Max looked pretty good at address. I prefer the one color crown and the chevron looked weird on there. Like it was crammed in as an afterthought. Felt great and was better for me than the Darkspeed. But spin was too low and consistency suffered. Went back to the Qi10 Max and was back to hitting those push draws again. Just over and over.

With the added spin, the ball just seemed to hold its line so much better. Even on shots like below (last swing on last test session), the spin climbed a bit but still getting plenty of distance and that gorgeous push draw.

View attachment 9241095

A few shots from my first session. Again, zero warm up and this thing was so playable.

View attachment 9241091
View attachment 9241093

I dropped the loft down to 7° to see how spin was affected. I think as my path straightens out, I’ll be able to adjust the max accordingly to keep my spin where I want it. And that’s in the 2200-2800 range. I know I’m an amateur. So my spin window is large haha.

View attachment 9241094
That was a fun post to read. It definitely is a lesson for all of us that one size does not fit the expected profile. Some with high speed like you will benefit from a high MOI head. Others with modest speed might do best with a lower spinning head. Generalizing becomes dangerous.

One thing that amazed me about your numbers is that I don’t think I have ever seen somebody with your speed have such a steep positive angle of attack. Man, I’ll bet you sometimes hit balls that just fly forever.

That was a fun post to read. It definitely is a lesson for all of us that one size does not fit the expected profile. Some with high speed like you will benefit from a high MOI head. Others with modest speed might do best with a lower spinning head. Generalizing becomes dangerous.

One thing that amazed me about your numbers is that I don’t think I have ever seen somebody with your speed have such a steep positive angle of attack. Man, I’ll bet you sometimes hit balls that just fly forever.
I have been guilty of generalizing a lot of these releases through the years. Not really giving spin the respect it deserves. It has taken a year where I wasn't able to play much and some god awful tee shots to really force myself to look at it from a different perspective.

I will be honest, when I went in there, I was just looking for forgiveness. It wasn't until I hit the Darkspeed LS and seeing my actual spin numbers being insanely low on those hard left shots. Then it clicked. I have always known that spin will keep the ball online better. But, I didn't realize how low my spin was getting on those misses.

If I am able to address those swing issues and my delivery necessitates a change. I will just take the Ventus Blue I ordered with the Max and plug it into the core Qi10. I hit that one too. I was really close to ordering it. I missed a couple left. But, it was still the second most playable driver for me. A little lower spin than the max but still mostly playable. But, I am embracing what works right now. And will adjust as needed.

View attachment 9241095

View attachment 9241091
View attachment 9241093

View attachment 9241094
I have your swing and ballflight. I come from the inside, have quite a positive AOA and battle a low spin dive hook.

So with the low spin I opt for a Max driver which works perfectly for people like us. It’s now more forgiving, usually a better looking head and the spin rate is now perfect whereas it’s too high for others. I found that with my G400MAX.

View attachment 9241095

View attachment 9241091
View attachment 9241093

View attachment 9241094
good thoughts here. Solid numbers too with that speed and AOA.

I have been guilty of generalizing a lot of these releases through the years. Not really giving spin the respect it deserves. It has taken a year where I wasn't able to play much and some god awful tee shots to really force myself to look at it from a different perspective.

I will be honest, when I went in there, I was just looking for forgiveness. It wasn't until I hit the Darkspeed LS and seeing my actual spin numbers being insanely low on those hard left shots. Then it clicked. I have always known that spin will keep the ball online better. But, I didn't realize how low my spin was getting on those misses.

If I am able to address those swing issues and my delivery necessitates a change. I will just take the Ventus Blue I ordered with the Max and plug it into the core Qi10. I hit that one too. I was really close to ordering it. I missed a couple left. But, it was still the second most playable driver for me. A little lower spin than the max but still mostly playable. But, I am embracing what works right now. And will adjust as needed.
I wouldn't even mess with how you are hitting it if you can do it consistently.

I have your swing and ballflight. I come from the inside, have quite a positive AOA and battle a low spin dive hook.

So with the low spin I opt for a Max driver which works perfectly for people like us. It’s now more forgiving, usually a better looking head and the spin rate is now perfect whereas it’s too high for others. I found that with my G400MAX.
Ha, I won't lie. The Qi10 LS is sex on a stick and I really wish it was the best fit for me just for the shape, size, and sleek look.

There obviously is a reason that Rory is hitting the standard head.

There obviously is a reason that Rory is hitting the standard head.
Definitely. The right fit. Hitting that optimized mix of control and distance.

One thing I noticed in my admittedly brief testing. Was that none of the new drivers seemed to be lacking in speed. I didn't go through a full fledged fitting or gather numbers across all of them. But, out of the drivers I tested, all of them were producing ball speeds in line with one another. They all seemed to have different looks and feel. So, honestly, there are so many options now that I feel across the spectrum, a player isn't really sacrificing speed if they opt for a forgiving head. And on top of that, there are super forgiving, stable heads that can fit different deliveries. If I were a fade player, I could have gotten into the G430 10K and kept my spin reasonable and still been in a stable head.

And, with the different setups, they all seemed to set themselves aside somehow. Whether it be the look at address, the lie angle, the face angle. So many options now.

View attachment 9241095

View attachment 9241091
View attachment 9241093

View attachment 9241094
I've the same angle of attack as you, but my back hurts just looking at your clubhead speed on the screen. Geebus

Ha, I won't lie. The Qi10 LS is sex on a stick and I really wish it was the best fit for me just for the shape, size, and sleek look.
Yeah… I had a Stealth Plus and a Stealth 2 Plus… basically the LS. The weight forward design to take spin off doesn’t help guys like us.

Also I’m more a fan of looking down at a symmetrical looking head like the max ( maybe why I’m a fan of Ping driver heads). The LS has an oblong look with more clubhead up in the rear toe area and it’s sorta cut off on the heel. I you looked down and drew a straight line from the “T” crown logo to the rear skirt with the max you would have the same amount of clubhead on either side of the line…. That’s what I like… not so with the LS

Back