TaylorMade Qi Irons

These are just not my style...definitely geared toward a different player!

I’m glad to see they have a decent amount of upgrade shaft options

I definitley have interest in game improvement irons. Reduced cut spin sounds interesting.

Thanks for the write up. New face seems interesting, but I can't decide if the look of the iron is cool or a no go. Need to se them in the wild

The look is ok; the black line of the dampeners is odd to me, but I'd like to see what they feel like. Taylor made has done great things with irons.

The fade bias story is an interesting one. I saw a TXG vid once where Ian mentioned he thought a reverse lie angle progression could work for a lot of golfers so maybe it really is a thing. It seems like GI irons tend to have some aggressive offset especially in the longer irons which intuitively would already help with fades.

I like the look of the back of the iron, but not so much at address. Never would have guessed that GI long irons had a fade bias. I would have assumed more draw bias with the offset on long irons.

not my kind of iron, but they aint bad looking.

Due to the fact that I don't play GI irons I wasn't aware there was a fade bias on that type of iron so that is quite interesting.
I've played several of them and literally never seen this in my entire life. I'd be very interested in their data.

Also great write up @ddec , but this claim by TM has me wondering about the validity of their marketing here. It sounds like these are just going to be even more left biased than the rest of the GI market is.

They went a little overboard with all that black on the back.
I'll stick with my Stealth HD/Stealth combo set which does a great job eliminating fades without creating hooks.

I've played several of them and literally never seen this in my entire life. I'd be very interested in their data.

Also great write up @ddec , but this claim by TM has me wondering about the validity of their marketing here. It sounds like these are just going to be even more left biased than the rest of the GI market is.
I don't think it's as much of going left biased in terms of overall design, more about the story of the face, specifically in the long irons. Their claim is that the faces in many of the irons react in a way that induces that cut spin.

In the long irons of these other sets, players who already come in with slice spins, are making contact with a face that is geared towards inducing that cut spin already...thus making it harder for most golfers to turn it over. Bring the face closer to neutral (even on their scale it's still a touch face biased) it's going to help reduce that spin and get the ball to go a little straighter.

Nice writeup @ddec ! These actually look pretty darn solid! That graphic showing the inside of the face is pretty sweet!

Part of this release does hit home for me. I have really gone away from long irons. Depending on how these look in hand, I'm not opposed to trying out something like a 5 iron.

These look OK to me. the bag badging reminds me of the Ping G430 a little. Not bad, just different

These look pretty good but I hope they don't discontinue the Stealth HD.

Nice writeup @ddec. I was not aware of long irons in the GI sets having that sort of fade bias. Sounds like TM has made a lot of changes for this new set.

Back