TaylorMade Purchases Nassau Golf

I'm very curious how much this affects the other companies that Nassau produces for.

Good for TaylorMade, but potentially bad news for DTC. Snell was already having inventory issues. I can't see that situation improving as a result of this.

This is big news! Could bring major changes in the DTC market!

Basically, TM's ball segment is successful and growing. Good for them.

Kirkland is not made by Nassau. Qingdao SM Parker makes their current ball. The same factory makes the Cut and I believe Snell.

I stand corrected. Thought Kirklands were by Nassau, my mistake.

Incredibly interesting development that leads to many more questions for the DTC market. Is the ball side of golf considered the most “attainable” aspect in that market shares can be obtained more easily than say clubs?

I stand corrected. Thought Kirklands were by Nassau, my mistake.

You were partially correct ... the original Kirkland 4-piece ball was made by Nassau.

I am thinking that TM will continue to make balls for the DTC company like Costco as well as all the rest. Why would they elect to walk away from extra income from the business Nassau already has in place. Interesting to see how that shakes out.

You were partially correct ... the original Kirkland 4-piece ball was made by Nassau.

AHA!!!! I knew I couldn't possibly be wrong!!!!.......well, partially wrong anyway. A victory's a victory!!!

I’m wondering if there is an IP protection component to this. If you are manufacturing overseas, then the only real IP protection you have is litigation. But if you own the offshore manufacturer, then you head IP theft off at the source.

Reactions: JB
AHA!!!! I knew I couldn't possibly be wrong!!!!.......well, partially wrong anyway. A victory's a victory!!!
Haha I guess I’m confused. You said controlling the competition particularly Kirkland. I mentioned that they don’t make the Kirkland ball. Oh well.

Haha I guess I’m confused. You said controlling the competition particularly Kirkland. I mentioned that they don’t make the Kirkland ball. Oh well.
IIRC wasn’t there speculation that Nassau made the original K-Sig that lead to the Acushnet litigation?

IIRC wasn’t there speculation that Nassau made the original K-Sig that lead to the Acushnet litigation?
They did make the original, But haven’t for multiple stocks at this point.

They did make the original, But haven’t for multiple stocks at this point.
I was just saying that I think that’s where the confusion was, that Nassau still made them, which as you said they have not for some time now.

I was just saying that I think that’s where the confusion was, that Nassau still made them, which as you said they have not for some time now.
Gotcha. And I don’t put it above what you said earlier. In that region, owning manufacturer beats litigation

I'm very curious how much this affects the other companies that Nassau produces for.
Do you know what companies Nassau currently produces balls for?

Interesting to see how this will impact the DTC market. I only know one guy personally who plays a DTC ball though I seem to find them relatively frequently at my local.

Sorry JB, just being funny in regards to another poster pointing out that Nassau made the original K-Sig. That, along with too many beers yesterday at the time of posting.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Sorry JB, just being funny in regards to another poster pointing out that Nassau made the original K-Sig. That, along with too many beers yesterday at the time of posting.
Its all good my man. This is a fun place and we like to chat :)

Wonder what this is going to do to Dean's product? Snell was already having issues with supply :eek:

Wonder what this is going to do to Dean's product? Snell was already having issues with supply :eek:

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but usually any contracts that are in place need to be honored. I have been in situations where the company I was working for acquired a competitor and all contracts came with the purchase so we'd honor them and supply based on the previously negotiated terms. I'd think any DTC brands Nassau was manufacturing for will still get their product, only now TM gets a cut of the action too.

Back