Taylormade Burner SuperLaunch Hybrids

So hurry and get out there and do some testing, I have been waiting right here..hehe. Buddy, I cant wait to hear your thoughts.

good luck P4B.....hopefully this works better for you than it did for me

can't wait to hear your thoughts on it p4b

Best of luck P4B!! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

I actually like the looks a lot, the small fairway wood (ish) look really does it for me. I will get my review done right away!

I actually like the looks a lot, the small fairway wood (ish) look really does it for me. I will get my review done right away!

hahaha, thanks. Man I have to agree...the looks are what got me so attracted to this, a small fwy wood.

alright! love the looks of this hybrid and can't wait to hear your thoughts

Cool stuff, P4B! I have a feeling you will be hitting some bombs with that thing.

not sure why, but the looks don't do it for me. Having the strong lofts that they do also has me a little worried about possible yardage gaps.

I'm a big fan of the looks. It's different you know?

not sure why, but the looks don't do it for me. Having the strong lofts that they do also has me a little worried about possible yardage gaps.
Yeah that does concern me as well, especially with this one being 18 degree and my current hybrid is 21, I wont use both but may permanently replace my 60 degree wedge with the Burner 2.0 3 iron...that should come pretty close to closing any gap that may exist. I'll definitely include all that in my review!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah that does concern me as well, especially with this one being 18 degree and my current hybrid is 21, I wont use both but may permanently replace my 60 degree wedge with the Burner 2.0 3 iron...that should come pretty close to closing any gap that may exist. I'll definitely include all that in my review!

that would certainly close the gap if you went with the 3iron, but i will be more interested in seeing whether or not you even need a hybrid if you go with the 3iron.

that would certainly close the gap if you went with the 3iron, but i will be more interested in seeing whether or not you even need a hybrid if you go with the 3iron.

Isn't the 2.0 lofted at 19* already? This is something I've thought about for quite awhile. My 4 iron is 24* which is the same as the 2.0 5 iron. I guess it would depend on your current iron setup. What your biggest iron P4B? Your 4? If it is, then I don't think you'll have an issue. As it is 21*. The 18* of the SuperLaunch 3 should fit in nicely.

Isn't the 2.0 lofted at 19* already? This is something I've thought about for quite awhile. My 4 iron is 24* which is the same as the 2.0 5 iron. I guess it would depend on your current iron setup. What your biggest iron P4B? Your 4? If it is, then I don't think you'll have an issue. As it is 21*. The 18* of the SuperLaunch 3 should fit in nicely.

yep, that's why i'm curious to see if he even needs a hybrid once his testing is done.

yep, that's why i'm curious to see if he even needs a hybrid once his testing is done.

Hybrids are a bit more versatile IMO. That's why I went with one in the end. Different strokes is all.

I will really have to hit and see how it all fits together, right now I have 4 iron then hybrid which while its 21 degrees I really hit it as far as a 5 wood so I have never really gotten the gap closed or the versatility I should get from a hybrid...maybe I can find that with the SuperLaunch.

Hybrids are a bit more versatile IMO. That's why I went with one in the end. Different strokes is all.

i would agree completely and up until about a month or so ago i was a die hard hybrid guy. when i assessed where i use them, it's mostly off the tee and occassionally out of the fwy and the 2.0 3 iron is just much more accurate and just as long for me. i didn't want it to be the case but that's just how it worked out for me man.

but you are right, different strokes in the end. i never thought i'd not have a hybrid in the bag.

i would agree completely and up until about a month or so ago i was a die hard hybrid guy. when i assessed where i use them, it's mostly off the tee and occassionally out of the fwy and the 2.0 3 iron is just much more accurate and just as long for me. i didn't want it to be the case but that's just how it worked out for me man.

but you are right, different strokes in the end. i never thought i'd not have a hybrid in the bag.

If I could hit a 3 iron like you do, I might not bag one either. I do like hybrids out of the rough, though. Sometimes my best shots with a hybrid are out of the rough, assuming the ball isn't buried. I hope to see you smash a 3 iron sometime soon, though I'll probably cry inside lol.

If I could hit a 3 iron like you do, I might not bag one either. I do like hybrids out of the rough, though. Sometimes my best shots with a hybrid are out of the rough, assuming the ball isn't buried. I hope to see you smash a 3 iron sometime soon, though I'll probably cry inside lol.

if i have a terrible lie in the rough, i'll just try to lay it up to the right number, trust the wedge and hopefully get up and down for par. if the ball is sitting up in the rough, i'd rather go at it with an iron anyway. other than off the tee on shorter par 4's or longer par 3's, i rarely had a use for a hybrid. it was a pretty easy decision for me.

That makes sense to me. I wish I could see these in person. I like the head shape as well. Wonder if they have them in any stores yet?

That makes sense to me. I wish I could see these in person. I like the head shape as well. Wonder if they have them in any stores yet?
TGW has them for sale both individually or in a mixed set with Burner SuperLaunch irons. Individually they sell for $139.99.

I might go take a look at Dick's this weekend. Interested to see how they feel in the hand. Do they feel light, heavy, or pretty neutral to you?

^^^^^^^^^this hand right here?
I might go take a look at Dick's this weekend. Interested to see how they feel in the hand. Do they feel light, heavy, or pretty neutral to you?

They actually feel really good to me. Maybe just a hair heavier than say a Mashie or a normal hybrid but with the head being a little bigger and now having a super light shaft in it that is pretty much expected.

Back