TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver

Going with 2 BRNR Mini drivers has been a great idea. One off the tee and the other off the ground. @Jman you hit yours off the deck yet?
Yeah, I’ve honestly found it no different than the 300 off the turf so far.

Yeah, I’ve honestly found it no different than the 300 off the turf so far.
You have the 11.5° head, correct?

You have the 11.5° head, correct?
13.5, same as with the 300.

The stock setup here though spins a LOT for me, had to turn it to 11.5 today on course. Was hitting 42 yard peaks as standard.

13.5, same as with the 300.

The stock setup here though spins a LOT for me, had to turn it to 11.5 today on course. Was hitting 42 hard peaks as standard.
Move the weights. It knocked off +/- 700 rpms of spin when I did this during my fitting.

Move the weights. It knocked off +/- 700 rpms of spin when I did this during my fitting.
I’ll be shocked if I see that much on monitor on such a small head honestly, drivers are only about 300.

I do plan on getting numbers this weekend though, and versus the 300.

I’ll be shocked if I see that much on monitor on such a small head honestly, drivers are only about 300.

I do plan on getting numbers this weekend though, and versus the 300.

that's a lot of rpms
This is from my driver fitting back last Summer.
In stock form, it was like a 2 wood. Spin was in the 3000s, carry was like 250ish, putting the heavy weight forward really unlocked its potential.
After moving the weights- Ball speed was consistently in the low 150s, spin averaged 2250, AoA, launch, path, plane, etc. were just ideal. It averaged 269 yards,

This is from my driver fitting back last Summer.
In stock form, it was like a 2 wood. Spin was in the 3000s, carry was like 250ish, putting the heavy weight forward really unlocked its potential.
After moving the weights- Ball speed was consistently in the low 150s, spin averaged 2250, AoA, launch, path, plane, etc. were just ideal. It averaged 269 yards,
That would be a first for me to see based on a weight change, and I’ve tested/reviewed a LOT of those kinds of heads. 250-350 is the norm, and what companies are typically comfortable claiming.

Good for you for finding that unicorn situation!

That would be a first for me to see based on a weight change, and I’ve tested/reviewed a LOT of those kinds of heads. 250-350 is the norm, and what companies are typically comfortable claiming.

Good for you for finding that unicorn situation!
It’s been really good for me. I think it’s a fact that I played a Callaway Steelhead driver from the late 90’s/early 2000s until 2017. Then, I always hit a 3 wood because it was easier for me than a driver. So, a smaller footprint and more loft and shorter shaft works well for me.

He averaged 2782 then swapped weights and got 2071. 711 rpm difference.

That’s cool, I’ve still never seen that much in a lot of reviews that I’ve done, which is what I am speaking on.

Back