SuperStroke buys Lamkin

I don't like consolidation. Even if its a company I don't use I like knowing the option is there. If I'm not mistaken there was talk in maybe a Brand Story that none of the family wanted to continue the Lamkin business? I've had no issues with Superstroke.. can't say I've used much of them, just change...

Guess how much I wish that was me...
If your tackling is anything like your pairings strategy, let’s just say… it’s a bit off the mark

loop ooo GIF

If your tackling is anything like your pairings strategy, let’s just say… it’s a bit off the mark

loop ooo GIF
You haven't even seen my pairings strategy yet...

Exactly. Already behind the 8 ball!
You're right- "This could be you" and "This could be you" aren't working out well in Best Ball, I should have gone with the other "This could be you" :rolleyes:

You're right- "This could be you" and "This could be you" aren't working out well in Best Ball, I should have gone with the other "This could be you" :rolleyes:
Kidnapping this and putting it in the GD thread to keep the banter flowing

Agree with others that SuperStroke club grips were horrible and most likely were not selling well, so for them acquiring a company with a strong club grip line makes great sense. Of course, as consumers, we will bear the brunt of the acquisition though higher grip prices.

As someone who just put a ST+2 on a club for the first time and very much will be switching to them after this season (I had already regripped), I hope SuperStroke leaves Lamkin alone. I suspect they will.

I love when m&a hits the golf world… like two passions of mine combining…. I am interested by who bought who though. I would have thought Larkin is the bigger of the two, given popularity… more reading on the deal soon

This is a biggie.

Very interesting, but I had no idea Superstroke is based in Michigan. I'm assuming if the press release came out of Wixom, they are probably headquartered there. Might have to support them even more going forward if they are a Michigan-based company.
Their HQ has been in Wixom for quite a few years actually

I hope they don't screw up the ST+2 grips!

They are on all my clubs 👍🏼

I guess now I play all SuperStroke? I have UTx on all my clubs and have been using SuperStroke on my putters now for like 10 years haha

I like this move. Been a big fan of SuperStroke for years. Actually considered going to their corded grip this year, but I love the Golfpride Zcord too much.

Longer than you would ever have to be worried about.
Agree with James here but…..if you want a little comfort put them in a gallon zip lock bag and seal it up. Have stored all my extras that way without ever having a hint of a problem

Didn’t Voice Caddie buy SuperStroke a few years ago? Big move for sure by SuperStroke

If Lamkin can help SuperStroke create a better cores grip, they will have my business.

Also kind of wondering how Lamkin fares in all of this because they have a decent loyal customer base

also just thought if SuperStroke can bring a corded Pistol GT Tour to market….

Futurama Buy GIF

I’m not sure how I feel about this. Part of me hopes SuperStroke uses this to put out some good swing grips. But part of me is afraid they’ll mess up the Lamkin grips. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.

love my superstroke but thought they were a smaller player than Lamkin... the main thing i dislike about Super Stroke and all of my putters have flatso 3.0 grips ......... will they ever make a solid color option in black

makes sense, SS is known for putter grips, this gets them into swing grips. Their swing grips were below average.

Back