Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I know I don't have kids, but still, how did I not know about this until just now?

The map on the website is incredible.

It started in Japan, and I think the one in California has only been open for about a year, so it's fairly new.

I know I don't have kids, but still, how did I not know about this until just now?

My youngest cannot stop talking about this one. Not big gamers, but nostalgic for Nintendo. Universal Orlando is supposed to be building something similar so we'll probably do that when it opens, if it does.

Don’t have to have kids to go and have fun 🙂

My wife and I are planning to go back to Disneyworld, and my kid is 19 😂

Thank God it's in California. If it were in FL, I would be 8 grand poorer soon

@GolferGal I would say congratulations on avoiding the relentless marketing machine that is NBC Universal for this long! Show me your ways, because my kids have been nothing me to go once one opens in Orlando.

• Admin
@GolferGal I would say congratulations on avoiding the relentless marketing machine that is NBC Universal for this long! Show me your ways, because my kids have been nothing me to go once one opens in Orlando.
Hahaha, I think it's the lack of kids that helped me out there.

For those wondering, they have begin construction in Orlando with an anticipated opening in 2025.

For those wondering, they have begin construction in Orlando with an anticipated opening in 2025.
Yay! Crap. Yay!! Crap

Yay! Crap. Yay!! Crap
And, the two Mario Kart rides are different. So you will need to visit both Orlando and Hollywood for the full experience.

And, the two Mario Kart rides are different. So you will need to visit both Orlando and Hollywood for the full experience.
Sarcastic Big Deal GIF by CBS

The Mario Kart ride looks amazing

I wouldn't have expected anything different. We already lived through that with Harry Potter

Yep this has been going on for awhile now. We got rid our over annual passes to Universal end of last year.

Yep this has been going on for awhile now. We got rid our over annual passes to Universal end of last year.
What are they tearing down or where are they putting it? Thinking the MIb space is prime for that one

I have kids, and the oldest loves Disney, however I think they focus so much on the Florida parks that we had no clue about this.

This looks epic.

It looks amazing, and as a Nintendo and Super Nintendo kid I would totally go to this haha.
It’s as good as advertised. We went and got the 1 hour early pass to have some time with less crowds. It was a blast! I hear the one coming to Orlando is going to be the biggest yet. It’s going to have a Dobkey Kong coaster that jumps the track 🤯

What are they tearing down or where are they putting it? Thinking the MIb space is prime for that one
Existing residential apartments behind there. You’d have to take out the Simpsons, MIB, and the fear factor stage in theory if we’re talking Hogsmead/Hogwarts and Diagon Alley like size. Doable for sure?

You could maybe do around rockin roller coaster where those sound stages are? But that might ding HHN houses.

It looks incredible.

Existing residential apartments behind there. You’d have to take out the Simpsons, MIB, and the fear factor stage in theory if we’re talking Hogsmead/Hogwarts and Diagon Alley like size. Doable for sure?

You could maybe do around rockin roller coaster where those sound stages are? But that might ding HHN houses.
Kind of what I was thinking and that area was more nostalgia than anything else. The food was bad (of course its an amusement park) but seemed like the perfect space to do this concept.

that looks awesome.

Thank God it's in California. If it were in FL, I would be 8 grand poorer soon
not 8 grand if only a buddies trip..... just saying.... :cool:

Kind of what I was thinking and that area was more nostalgia than anything else. The food was bad (of course its an amusement park) but seemed like the perfect space to do this concept.
It’s not on the existing parks footprint. I believe it will be a separate gate.

Back