Redowl

Reaction score
Handicap
fast food
I'm wondering what people use for sunscreen when they golf? I try to stay diligent about applying sunscreen, but so many products seem to just make me sweat more, and make me uncomfortable on the course. When I start feeling uncomfortable, I'm less inclined to apply sunscreen.
A majority of products say waterproof, or sweat-proof, or sport, but that seems to be fancy wording more than reality.
I've found a few old threads (2011'ish) about this, but nothing more recently. Older posts seem to recommend Coppertone Sport and Neutrogena and I am wondering if that's still what people are using, or if you've found something better?
I'll be on the course all weekend and am hoping to pick something up that will be a little less noticeable/annoying.

R.O.

I like the Coppertone sport aerosol. Seems to work, and spraying it on keeps my hands from getting greasy

I carry some stuff by Clinique in my bag, as well as a Clinique lip balm. But I rarely remember to use it, because I'm a moron and like pain.

I carry some stuff by Clinique in my bag, as well as a Clinique lip balm. But I rarely remember to use it, because I'm a moron and like pain.

Great skin products!

Great skin products!

Kelly was a business manager for them, so we have all kinds of stuff laying around. But yeah, their sunscreen is good stuff. I WILL be using it in Orlando next week.

Kelly was a business manager for them, so we have all kinds of stuff laying around. But yeah, their sunscreen is good stuff. I WILL be using it in Orlando next week.

I'll take any Mens products off your hands if you need to unload!

Anyone happen to know the difference between Coppertone Sport and Coppertone Sport PRO?

I put a bottle of aerosol sunscreen in my bag as for brand it is what ever my wife buys me

Anyone happen to know the difference between Coppertone Sport and Coppertone Sport PRO?

less offset in the pro model

I kid I kid

I really like Coppertone Sport. My dermatologist recommends Blue Lizard, but I still haven't bought any to try, yet.http://www.bluelizard.net/

I'm surprised Taylormade doesn't make white sunscreen for golfers :)

I use Dermatone. My old neighbor is big into fishing and he is actually sponsored by them ( I know, dont ask) but anyway he gave me some to try and it is awesome. Not greasy at all, I use it all the time.

I still use Coppertone sport spray and wear a wide brim Greg Norman style hat if its not too windy.Like others have said,the spray is easier to apply and it seems to work well for me.

Coopertone Oil Free 30. One of the few that actually don't feel sticky.

I personaly like Bullfrog, the scent isn't and not greasy at all, pluss it also contains sone bug repellant at the same time.

I use Neutrogena no-oil spray that's like SPF 120. I need it for my light skin and the oil-free is nice too.

I use Coppertone or BananaBoat 50 SPF for my arms, legs and neck. I use BananaBoat Kids for Faces (100 SPF) for my face.

You should put your sunscreen on 30 minutes before playing - when getting dressed if possible. It will have a chance to soak in then and won't be nearly as greasy.

I also wear an old-man wide-brimmed hat on the recommendation of my dermatologist, having had 2 basal cells removed.

I use Neutrogena no-oil spray that's like SPF 120. I need it for my light skin and the oil-free is nice too.

Neutrogena is my preferred.

Personally I don't like sprays because they run out after about 3 applications.

Coppertone sport 50 or generic Kroger brand.

Tap

I use the aerosol Neutrogena or Coppertone Sport. The spray is easier to apply and stays off the hands.

I use the Bullfrog spray. The bug repellant is helpful for those late afternoon rounds too.

Back