Sunice Hurricane Jacket- Preview

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently Sunice sent out one of their newest rain jacket offerings. The Hurricane. It has a GoreTex shell, 5 pockets, and even a hidden ball cleaner. So far I am impressed by the looks and feel of this jacket. This thread will serve as the place to talk about this jacket. You can find out more at http://sunice.com/us/

DSC_1021-M.jpg

DSC_1020-M.jpg

DSC_1018-M.jpg

DSC_1027-M.jpg

DSC_1030-M.jpg

I have a couple years agos version. Amazing jacket and it is my go to for everything. 3 years and going strong.

TTing

The Hurricane V4 has been a very solid offering from Sunice for the past year now. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. The reps say it's their best package as far as technology for the price.

Awesome. I can't wait to hear more. The Sunice jacket I have is my favorite by such a long shot. I wear it everywhere and it still looks close to brand new. Warm and will repel some water too.

Dude, I loved their booth at the show! Some seriously slick jackets and apparel. Def interested in this one dude.

That's a really nice looking jacket. Cant wait to read the review.

Love everything about that jacket!

That's a pretty nice looking jacket. I was planning to get myself a rain jacket this year. This might be the one.

That looks good. I pondered this jacket a while back when I was looking at raingear.

Looks really nice, I like the neoprene sleeve inserts on the cuffs, should make for a warm, dry fit!

Definitely interested in this review. My current rain jackets are goretex free and that doesn't always bode well in heavy or consistent rain.

Sunice is the best company for rain gear in my opinion.

My friend has a sunice jacket and it is no longer very water proof - I'm not sure if it is a gore tex fabric, but it's kind of disappointing when his was around $250.
If you get a chance, can you do abrasion testing to it? ie: Carry your golf bag on it and wear it around in every day life with a backpack to try and see if it loses its ability to repel water.

Also, both his jacket and my jacket (a Mountain Equipment Co-op one) were overcome after a torrential downpour in Montreal a couple years ago and have never recovered. It's like they were rinsed of their capabilities. Could you try garden hosing it?

Basically... I'm interested in a 'torture' test to see how durable these jackets are. I don't want to throw down hundreds of dollars on a jacket that will only last a few rounds of golf before it loses its water resistance.

Sharp looking jacket, does the wording on the arm become a distraction during the swing?

Looks good, ready to hear more about it.

how's the fit
Its awesome!! Man, it just feels good!
My friend has a sunice jacket and it is no longer very water proof - I'm not sure if it is a gore tex fabric, but it's kind of disappointing when his was around $250.
If you get a chance, can you do abrasion testing to it? ie: Carry your golf bag on it and wear it around in every day life with a backpack to try and see if it loses its ability to repel water.

Also, both his jacket and my jacket (a Mountain Equipment Co-op one) were overcome after a torrential downpour in Montreal a couple years ago and have never recovered. It's like they were rinsed of their capabilities. Could you try garden hosing it?

Basically... I'm interested in a 'torture' test to see how durable these jackets are. I don't want to throw down hundreds of dollars on a jacket that will only last a few rounds of golf before it loses its water resistance.
to be very honest I would love to do this. But, When we get something for review, the compnay wants a decent turn around time. ANd since this is not my full time job I can not give my days to torturing this jacket. But, I will give it a fair try

i love the look of this jacket.
it would definitely be something that would fit well in my apparel closet, but the price point is just too much for me.
i don't think i'd have issues getting by with less.

I like the hidden ball cleaner. That would be very handy.

That is a pretty sweet looking jacket bro. We need to get out for a round and test it out.

I had a sun ice Typhoon suit a few years back and really liked it, both styling and performance.

But do you guys get any Galvin Green over there? I think their gear is better performing and looks sharper than anything else we've got this dude if the pond.

Nice looking jacket, hidden ball cleaner is a cool little touch.

Interested to hear how this compares to the Cross Pro in overall quality, lightness, etc.

I need to retire the rain jacket I have so this will be interesting. I like the look and it's Gortex, lets see how it performs

Forget a torture test, just put the sucker on and go stand in the shower for a little bit. I was just telling Trout I need to buy a new rain top before season gets here, judging by the last Sunice product I had, this one will probably be the winner.

I had a sun ice Typhoon suit a few years back and really liked it, both styling and performance.

But do you guys get any Galvin Green over there? I think their gear is better performing and looks sharper than anything else we've got this dude if the pond.

Galvin Green are due to launch "over there" this year I'm sure I read in one of their press releases

Back