Suggestions for new 3 wood

Was looking at that model. Couldn't find many reviews on it. What's your thoughts?

Been the best and most consistent fw I've played to date. Sets up address nice, awesome 'crack' sound when you catch it center face, and is a great fairway finder for me when my driver is bad. I cut the shaft in it down to a 4w length and it's that much more accurate and easier to hit off the deck if I need to

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I'm missing a fairway wood from my bag. I'd like to pick one up however I've been hitting my Hybrid really well and didn't feel the need for a 3 wood. But the driver has been south as of late so It's time to start looking again!

There are so many good choices out right now its hard to pick, just make sure you try them all and go in with a open mind, dont worry about what name is on the club.

There are so many good choices out right now its hard to pick, just make sure you try them all and go in with a open mind, dont worry about what name is on the club.

Thanks bud. I am not loyal to any particular company. I've played quite a few clubs throughout my day! I plan to start my search this week.

What are you looking for Swampdog? I got rid of my driver permanently and plan on using a 3 wood exclusively off the tee. Since going that route, no struggles from the tee box and the more I use my 3 wood off the tee box the better I've gotten off the fairway. Plus no more long days at the range trying to figure out how to hit the thing correctly.

I'm looking for good consitent Tee shots with more Distance. I am around 215-230 off the tee with my 3Hybrid. On some of the longer Par 4's I'm hitting 165-170 into the green. I would like to have approach shots around 135-140 instead which would be a nice 8 iron for me!

The strangest thing is when I "borrow" my wife's Driver which is around 14* I hit it straight as an arrow around 250 each time, but with my Driver I'm all over the place(mostly left).

I'm looking for good consitent Tee shots with more Distance. I am around 215-230 off the tee with my 3Hybrid. On some of the longer Par 4's I'm hitting 165-170 into the green. I would like to have approach shots around 135-140 instead which would be a nice 8 iron for me!

The strangest thing is when I "borrow" my wife's Driver which is around 14* I hit it straight as an arrow around 250 each time, but with my Driver I'm all over the place(mostly left).

thats not strange, you just need a higher lofted driver and a softer shaft it sounds like. Higher lofted drivers are more forgiving, also most everyday golfers need a higher lofted driver and more spin, its a myth you need a low lofted driver with low spin to hit it far and straight.

Tgw let's you customize the F11. I thought about getting the F11 13.5 with Reg RIP 60 .50 longer.

Ok, ordering my 3 wood tomorrow and not sure which shaft to get.

13.5* Adams F11 Titanium Version
Shaft flex: Stiff

Choices:
Aldila Voodoo Vs
Matrix Ozix Xcon

I tend to launch high. My launch with my my 9.5 driver with Rip 60 Stiff shaft was high. I spoke to Adams and they are recommending the Voodoo shaft. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the 2 shafts. Anyone have this club and how you like it?

Ok, ordering my 3 wood tomorrow and not sure which shaft to get.

13.5* Adams F11 Titanium Version
Shaft flex: Stiff

Choices:
Aldila Voodoo Vs
Matrix Ozix Xcon

I tend to launch high. My launch with my my 9.5 driver with Rip 60 Stiff shaft was high. I spoke to Adams and they are recommending the Voodoo shaft. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the 2 shafts. Anyone have this club and how you like it?

if you launch the ball high then voodoo would be better than the xcon.

The 910 Fd is a bullet with the proforce v2 76g stiff in it

Adams info says Voodoo is high launch and Matrix is mid launch. So would the matrix help keep the ball from ballooning?

Adams info says Voodoo is high launch and Matrix is mid launch. So would the matrix help keep the ball from ballooning?

oh really. interesting. Always thought voodoo was mid launch, alot of people like the voodoo for fairway woods because of this. Call adams again for a second opinion

I think you need a different Miyazaki in your current 3wood. Ditch that C. Kua and slap a Miyazaki Kusala Black in it. Or, get the F11 with the Matrix shaft in it. Or get a Razr Hawk 3wood with the PX Tour shaft in it. I love it. I hit some lower/mid launching bullets with it.

oh really. interesting. Always thought voodoo was mid launch, alot of people like the voodoo for fairway woods because of this. Call adams again for a second opinion

I was thinking the same thing. Will call one last time before ordering.

I think you need a different Miyazaki in your current 3wood. Ditch that C. Kua and slap a Miyazaki Kusala Black in it. Or, get the F11 with the Matrix shaft in it. Or get a Razr Hawk 3wood with the PX Tour shaft in it. I love it. I hit some lower/mid launching bullets with it.

That is a definite option. I wanted the hot face of the Ti F11 being this is going to be my driver for all intensive purposes.

I'm looking at 3W options also -- I'm more interested in off the tee than off the deck. I like the performance I'm seeing with the Mashie, does anyone have any feedback on the 2011 Cleveland Launcher with the UL shafts? I have a pretty smooth, easy tempo and I'm looking for a reliable down the middle option saves me on some tight doglegs!

I'm looking at 3W options also -- I'm more interested in off the tee than off the deck. I like the performance I'm seeing with the Mashie, does anyone have any feedback on the 2011 Cleveland Launcher with the UL shafts? I have a pretty smooth, easy tempo and I'm looking for a reliable down the middle option saves me on some tight doglegs!

Sorry for missing your post. I love my Cleveland FL 13* 3 wood. It will stay in my bag with my new 3. It is so easy to get in the air and accurate. I'm looking for something off the tee as well. If it kicks my Cleveland FL out of the bag so be it but I am ok with 2 in the bag and no driver. My complaint is it hits very high for me. Going with a stiff shaft this time for more accuracy.

the best fairways out there are titleist 910, r11, adams speedline lp and ping g20. from what u posted, it sounds like u have the same problems i had. i used a callaway big bertha before and the same problems started to occur as my game progressed. so i tested out every fairway at my clubs demo day. personally, i find the g20 is the best because its so easy to hit off both the tee and fairway/rough, yet with a stiff shaft it produces a penetrating flight. right now i hit my g20 5 wood 250 yards! try it, you'll love it. btw, im no ping fanboy, i dont have any other ping clubs :)

the best fairways out there are titleist 910, r11, adams speedline lp and ping g20.

They are? How come? Ironically based on my testing, they were not the longest or most accurate, so I would love to hear more. I think that there is no "best" out there. Just what works best for different people.

I was thinking the same thing. Will call one last time before ordering.

get the voodoo, im not sure if its just me but the matrix is more whippy

yea ur right, its all personal preference, but in general these clubs i tried gave me the most distance and the best ballflight

Back