Stupid Thoughts We Had As Children?

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
What are some stupid/cringeworthy/hilarious thoughts you had as a child (or you see from your own kids) that you think back on and shake your head?

What sparked this thread, you might ask? I was watching Forrest Gump yesterday and as a kid I thought that Gary Sinise (Lt Dan) and Travis Tritt were the same person in the second half of the movie once Lt Dan grew out his hair and had the beard. I was a stupid kid and have only gotten worse.

lieutenantdan.jpg

travis-tritt_002-785x1024.jpg

I grew up in the days when we thought it was a great idea to shoot each other with BB guns, bottle rockets, and roman candles.

El Cucuy
La Llorona

When I was really young, I thought muzzle flash was what hurt people and not the bullet itself😂

Thinking my older siblings could actually flush me down the toilet. 😒

When I was a kid I thought that if an adult threw up all of their food, they would turn into a kid/baby again.

"step on a crack, break your mom's back"

and also what @echico said. Mexican culture was to scare us into obedience. :LOL:

"step on a crack, break your mom's back"

and also what @echico said. Mexican culture was to scare us into obedience. :LOL:
Go to sleep or La Llorona will get you. Yeah ok, I can sleep now. :ROFLMAO:

You will die when you can't eat anymore food...
You can't eat any more food when your body fills up, from your toes to the top of your head.

Growing up I never knew why anybody would want to use lava soap on their hands, because it tasted so bad….

Might have been a lot of this when I was young…
ralphie oh fudge GIF

I grew up in the days when we thought it was a great idea to shoot each other with BB guns, bottle rockets, and roman candles.
What’s wrong with that?

I can jump that… :cool:

🤕

When I was a kid I used to think grown ups got to have all the real fun. Yeah I was WAY off on that one. Of course when I was little I also thought if I buried my pennies they would grow penny trees. So all over in my folks backyard there are about 100 pennies buried separately in the ground. 🤣

We were told another ice age was imminent when I was in elementary school in the 60s

Near my sisters home was a small airport. Next to the airport was a junkyard for old airplanes. My nephew used to wonder why all those planes used to crash in the same spot.

I thought OJ Simpson was the voice of Homer Simpson.

I convinced my brother that the holes in donuts were poisonous and that's why they cut them out. This resulted in him only eating the edges over a year, just in case they missed some.

I thought volcanoes and quicksand would be something were going to be commonly encountered problems in life.

I was terrified that the choir director at our church was actually Paul Bearer with a mustache. I also thought he had a long dagger under his robe that was used for sacrifices.

I was a medicated ADHD kid... probably had a lot of goofy thoughts.

I thought Pikes Peak was the tallest mountain in the US when I was little. Growing up at the base of it gave me a weird perspective.

if you saw a bunch of kids running around in the south in the middle of Sumer in winter coats, there was a bb gun war going on

Back