Steve Jobs Is Watching You

yes, but it is still based on certain aspects of linux...i didnt say it was an overlay of linux I said it was BASED that does not mean that it takes 100% of it that does not mean it takes 75% or 25%

You even contradict yourself in your post by saying it is based on open source programs including linux and then turn around and say that it isnt based on it at all...

Seriously? That is like saying that Chocolate cake is based on an salt, because you add a pinch in there. Based on means it was understanding the basis of Linux and designed accordingly. That is NOT what happened with OSX, not even close.

There are millions of articles that talk about where Mac OSX comes from and even the link you provided does not say it is based on Linux.

You may want to start with the history of both operating systems to see where they came from and what they were BASED on.

Last edited:
To get technical I will add.

Darwin is based on BSD Unix (as are all of the open source BSDs). However, they use FreeBSD as their reference platform as many others do too.
Darwin is made up of code from: FreeBSD, NetBSD and 4.4BSD Lite2. So Mac OS X is Darwin with the Aqua GUI (generalization as there is more to it)
Most, if not all current OS X applications are written with Carbon, or Coacoa (both proprietary Apple toolkits)

#humancentiPad

Lmao!!

Darwin is based on BSD Unix (as are all of the open source BSDs). However, they use FreeBSD as their reference platform as many others do too.
Darwin is made up of code from: FreeBSD, NetBSD and 4.4BSD Lite2. So Mac OS X is Darwin with the Aqua GUI (generalization as there is more to it)
Most, if not all current OS X applications are written with Carbon, or Coacoa (both proprietary Apple toolkits)

Is it wrong that when I see posts like this and realize I'm not alone that it makes me happy? I hope not.

South Park made fun of the whole tracking thing and Apple in general last night. Funniest thing Ive seen in a long time and I dont even watch that show.

HumancentiPad. lmao.

JB dropping the technical smackdown on us. Man, I hate to admit it, but I thought OSX was Linux based too (never owned a MAC yet, have a new powerbook pro ordered for my wife). Thanks for the clarification.

Steve Jobs has officially stepped down, per CNBC. Hopefully his health is not the issue. He is requesting permission from the board to retain the Chairman of the Board position. He also requested the Board execute the existing succession plan and promote (acting CEO) Tim Cook to replace him.

Someone check on OEM Kevin...

Back