hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I need to get a new stand bag for my high school season this year. I want one with the 14 way top and dividers. I have been looking at the Taylormade supreme hybrid 2.0 or the Nike performance carry bag. For anyone that uses one of these, how are they?

Thanks

I haven't used either but have been looking at stand bags quite a bit lately. The best one I found with the 14 way top was the Sun Mountain Four 5. Both the Nike and TM bags I saw just weren't as good, though they're nice bags.

Never had either but all I can say is for varsity golf you want the lightest bag you can find. Speaking from experience. My cobra GT stand is moderate, not too heavy, not too light, but in the future I would get something different. Hope someone here has these so you can get a good review. Sun mountain and Mizuno make pretty light bags, you may consider one of those...

My favorite. :act-up:

1226286794_4bax2-L.jpg

I knew that was comin JB :D :D

Id go Sun Mountain or Ping. My brother's nephew played on his high school's golf team for his last 2 years of high school, so he got a Ping bag with his school's name on it and its a really nice bag.
The legs are really solid, it has lots of pockets and it looks to be a really quality bag.
Sun Mountain bags are sweet too. I used to have a Titleist x86 bag that was made by Sun Mountain and was still was one the best bags Ive ever owned. Strong legs, the pockets were perfect and it was a really well-made bag.

I don't really think that weight is a huge deal with stand bags... I am hard pressed to feel a difference between 25 and 28 pounds over the course of 18 holes. I know other people will disagree with me about the weight but it's just my take.

I have never had a stand bag with 14 way top so I don't think that I'll be of much help to you there.

The Four5 and Titleist 14 way stand bag are really nice

Got the Sun Mountain H2NO bag the other day and it is a sweet carrybag for sure. Not a 14-way divider, but...

Got the Sun Mountain H2NO bag the other day and it is a sweet carrybag for sure. Not a 14-way divider, but...

was that the pic that had 3 bags in it? if so that was a really good looking bag

was that the pic that had 3 bags in it? if so that was a really good looking bag

Yep! Tons of pockets, all perfectly sealed so it (supposedly) lets in zero water. Really light and comfortable to carry.

I have a Nike Sasquatch with 14 full length compartments.. I really like the bag and the switch from my older 6-way TM carry bag. The Sasquatch is sufficiently light enough for me and has very comfortable air cushioned straps. Plenty of pockets including one that can act a cooler to keep a beverage.

Love my Ogio Decibel!

I can't say much on either bag you are talking about, but I can tell you I love my Sun Mountain! The quality, amount of space, and the overall weight of their bags are amazing!

I've got a 2010 Sun Mountain Four 5 and it's awesome. The 14-way top makes it sooo easy to get my clubs out. The only downside is that the 2010 and older versions don't fit on a riding cart or a walking cart so great. The foot "pedal" for the stand sticks out a bit too much. But my understanding is that they've remedied this for the 2011 model year.

Also, I believe that Sun Mountain makes the Titleist bags so the Titleist 14-way bag is virtually the same as the Sun Mountain Four 5.

I've got a 2010 Sun Mountain Four 5 and it's awesome. The 14-way top makes it sooo easy to get my clubs out. The only downside is that the 2010 and older versions don't fit on a riding cart or a walking cart so great. The foot "pedal" for the stand sticks out a bit too much. But my understanding is that they've remedied this for the 2011 model year.

Also, I believe that Sun Mountain makes the Titleist bags so the Titleist 14-way bag is virtually the same as the Sun Mountain Four 5.

Mine fits in a riding cart, it just bends the foot pedal up a little but it will fit

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into the Titleist and sun mountain for sure.

Mine fits in a riding cart, it just bends the foot pedal up a little but it will fit

I think you can do some damage to the foot and possibly the leg/stand mechanism doing that.

For 2011 the bags now have the letters "CFB" at the base to signify that they are Cart Friendly Bags.

post-8484-017441800%201285609443_thumb.jpg

I've got last year's model Nike SQ Tour Carry Bag. I love it, cant find much wrong with it at all for what I want.

Just took a look at the Four5.. It looks great besides the actual looks of it if you know what I mean.. it just looks so plain and the colours aren't very appealing.

Looking to buy a new stand bag

Looking to buy a new stand bag

Anyone have some input?

I like my Nike SQ bag... 14 way top, plenty of pockets and a cooler pocket that holds 2 bottles.

What kind of requirements and preferences do you have for this stand bag?

Back