Stability Tour2 Polar Putter Shaft

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks like a new addition to the BGT Stability lineup!

Info from from BGT:

The newest tour preferred model designed with a crisp, clean look.

Stability Tour2 Polar is another option in the arsenal of Stability putter shafts, which provide tour proven performance with exceptional accuracy and control.

Stability Tour2 Polar is built on the same great performance as Stability Black; which has a streamlined, slim look preferred by better golfers. It will balance like a steel putter shaft, allowing any putter to be built to exact specifications of even the most demanding golfers.

Stability Tour2 Polar comes with a matte black Polymer-Ceramic coating on the steel tip, which is extremely resistant to abrasion/wear, corrosion, impact strength and hardness.

I didnt need to see this

which means order incoming!!! love the look of this

LAGP comes out with a white shaft that people can recognize on TV so BGT does too! :D

I have not been coaxed onto the designer putter shaft train yet. Maybe one day. :unsure:

Oh my goodness! That looks so good

OK. That looks pretty good.

(Insert jokes about my polar putting here....)

Those look great! Might push me over the edge into finally trying one of these! I mean, I'm living in the epitome of a polar zone so it's only fitting that I use this shaft as well.

I put a BGT Stability Tour shaft in an Odyssey O-Works Black #7 last year and paired it with a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 3.0 grip and a 75 gram CounterCore weight and it has been a great combination.

How good has it been?

Well a few months ago I drove off from the cart area in front of the clubhouse before my round and my bag was not secure. It fell off the cart onto the cement and landed directly on my putter. The putter shaft broke.

I had to resort to using a similar back-up putter. Within days I ordered two more Stability Tour shafts, went on EBay to find another O-Works Black #7 putter, got two matching SuperStroke grips and counterweights and built up two putters with identical specs. One is my gamer and the other is my back-up that I also practice with at home on the putting mat. I will not be without one from now on.

According to my Arccos stats, putting is my best skill according to my strokes gained. My handicap index has come down and I make fewer putts and more birdies than I did before.

Some of my playing partners give me a hard time about using a “non-oscillating” putter shaft and paying up for it.

But since I have put it into play, I win more money off of them and essentially they have paid for the putter shaft despite teasing me about it.

One of my friends who has struggled with putting got fitted for new clubs at Club Champion in the fall and got a new Bettinardi putter with the same shaft that I have. Guess what he is the most improved player in our Men’s group since then.

If the concept did’t work you wouldn’t be seeing PGA Tour Players using them and every shaft manufacturer scrambling to copy it. KBS, Paderson, Fujikura, LA Golf and Odyssey now all have some variation of a lower torque and more stable putter shaft.

I’d love to try something like this but man that price just is hard to justify

i just saw this from peoples club newslettter. OHHHH boy I wish I hadn't seen this.

I put a BGT Stability Tour shaft in an Odyssey O-Works Black #7 last year and paired it with a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 3.0 grip and a 75 gram CounterCore weight and it has been a great combination.

How good has it been?

Well a few months ago I drove off from the cart area in front of the clubhouse before my round and my bag was not secure. It fell off the cart onto the cement and landed directly on my putter. The putter shaft broke.

I had to resort to using a similar back-up putter. Within days I ordered two more Stability Tour shafts, went on EBay to find another O-Works Black #7 putter, got two matching SuperStroke grips and counterweights and built up two putters with identical specs. One is my gamer and the other is my back-up that I also practice with at home on the putting mat. I will not be without one from now on.

According to my Arccos stats, putting is my best skill according to my strokes gained. My handicap index has come down and I make fewer putts and more birdies than I did before.

Some of my playing partners give me a hard time about using a “non-oscillating” putter shaft and paying up for it.

But since I have put it into play, I win more money off of them and essentially they have paid for the putter shaft despite teasing me about it.

One of my friends who has struggled with putting got fitted for new clubs at Club Champion in the fall and got a new Bettinardi putter with the same shaft that I have. Guess what he is the most improved player in our Men’s group since then.

If the concept did’t work you wouldn’t be seeing PGA Tour Players using them and every shaft manufacturer scrambling to copy it. KBS, Paderson, Fujikura, LA Golf and Odyssey now all have some variation of a lower torque and more stable putter shaft.

I wonder how this will play in a Toulon or Odyssey that originally has a Stroke Lab shaft. Does that mean I need the lighter head weight on the sole of the Toulon? Or go the super stroke counter balance route....

I bought a Toulon Las Vegas with Odyssey Stroke Lab shaft last year to compare to the O-Works Black #7 with the BGT Stability Tour shaft. No comparison, the O-Works Black #7 with the Stability Tour shaft felt and performed better for me. I gave the Toulon Las Vegas putter to my wife’s cousin who had invited me to play in a Member Guest Tournament with him at his club as a thank you gift for the invite as he would not allow me to pay for anything that weekend.

I’m excited about the Polar. I think I’m going to send my 2-Ball Ten WH in to BGT to have one installed.

I’ve been gaming a stability tour in my Scotty for some time now and I have to say, it really is quite good. I’m sold on the performance and feels.

I’ve been gaming a stability tour in my Scotty for some time now and I have to say, it really is quite good. I’m sold on the performance and feels.
They’re solid. They’ve been fun to review for the homepage.

They’re solid. They’ve been fun to review for the homepage.

Yeah, good one to review. I just ordered another one.

Going to put one of these on the Sport 60 I’m going to rock for the Morgan Cup

Bumping this.
I built some putters over the last few days, and went with the Polar and the Fire Stability shafts.

first impressions:

it’s definitely interesting, comparable to the Stroke Lab in general looks, but much much thicker.
Colors are fantastic. The Polar is a crisp white with a matte like finish. Fire is the glossy red with some pearl flake in it. The red is maybe just a touch darker than the Stroke Lab red.

Building is pretty simple. You can send your putter to BGT to build it for you, or have the components sent to you for a DIY project.
The steel tip slides into the tip of the graphite section of the shaft, and comes to a stop about 3 inches or so into it. Some epoxy work and it’s good to go into the putter head.

today I put a couple SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour 1.0 grips on them and started hitting some putts. The feel is totally different than what I’ve experienced with traditional steel or the stroke lab. Stability is a very fitting name for the shaft. The weight, balanced and stroke all feel very fluid but precise.
First round tomorrow!

I bought a Toulon Las Vegas with Odyssey Stroke Lab shaft last year to compare to the O-Works Black #7 with the BGT Stability Tour shaft. No comparison, the O-Works Black #7 with the Stability Tour shaft felt and performed better for me. I gave the Toulon Las Vegas putter to my wife’s cousin who had invited me to play in a Member Guest Tournament with him at his club as a thank you gift for the invite as he would not allow me to pay for anything that weekend.
@Browndog - This is a couple years out and I know you like to "Tinker" (Bless your soul).
Still feel this way about the BGT putter shafts?
I have a Toulon Atlanta S neck that I was thinking of getting a graphite shaft put in.
I sent photos to Will Peoples and he came back and said that it will need a BGT or LA Golf SOHO shaft.
Of course the two most expensive options.
I couldn't find anywhere on THP about the LA Golf SOHO Shaft so I thought I reach out and bump the thread.

@Browndog - This is a couple years out and I know you like to "Tinker" (Bless your soul).
Still feel this way about the BGT putter shafts?
I have a Toulon Atlanta S neck that I was thinking of getting a graphite shaft put in.
I sent photos to Will Peoples and he came back and said that it will need a BGT or LA Golf SOHO shaft.
Of course the two most expensive options.
I couldn't find anywhere on THP about the LA Golf SOHO Shaft so I thought I reach out and bump the thread.
Have had three putters now with the BGT Stability Tour shaft and I’m using it at the moment. Also have the BGT ZNE shaft in a wedge and just put an offer on a BGT Brava shaft. I’m convinced that they are on to something at BGT.

Back