Srixon ZX MK II Irons

I hope there will be a Srixon Event this year. I love to Drool over the Club selections, maybe someone will Bag some Z Blades šŸ¤¤
Pretty sure it was announced it was coming back. They were beyond generous w/ us. I certainly hope other THP'ers experience it as well.

Pretty sure it was announced it was coming back. They were beyond generous w/ us. I certainly hope other THP'ers experience it as well.
Soooo much cool stuff goes on in this Forum its hard to keep up. I am looking forward.

I hope there will be a Srixon Event this year. I love to Drool over the Club selections, maybe someone will Bag some Z Blades šŸ¤¤
I literally check every day for that announcement as Iā€™m such a Srixon fan I donā€™t want to be tempted by any other brand for irons LOL. I could be convinced for every thing else though haha

You could be that someone šŸ‘
I wish but if it's West Coast or more than 2 Rounds my Back will Laugh and say Sit back Down Stupid. šŸ˜ž

I literally check every day for that announcement as Iā€™m such a Srixon fan I donā€™t want to be tempted by any other brand for irons LOL. I could be convinced for every thing else though haha
Yea, I've turned into a Srixon Fan Boy. But there are so many fantastic Brands out there. That's why I have a mixed Bag.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

They were so amazing with us. I hope more and more folks get to experience with Srixon!

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

They were so amazing with us. I hope more and more folks get to experience with Srixon!
Love your WITB. The Modus Shafts are fantastic.

Love your WITB. The Modus Shafts are fantastic.
Thank you. I do love those modus shafts. Second set of irons Iā€™ve had them in.

Got fit in to the ZX5s Saturday before last. Probably the best I have ever swung an iron for a fitting. It was close too with one other head right in there. Difference for me ended up being the other head I would see a 15 yard jump in carry distance about every 3 swings. These it was just incredibly consistent.

They showed up at the local course I ordered them from yesterday and I found an excuse to be out that way for work today and picked them up so ai could run by the range this afternoon after work.

Specs were 4-PW 2 degrees flat with standard loft and length. Nippon Pro Modus 120 stiff shafts. GP MCC black grips with 2 wraps.

Range session was mind blowing.šŸ¤Æ. Itā€™s one thing on a simulator and another thing all together watching a ball fly down range. I am super aggressive in transition but never had a set that could really hold up to that. Until now that is. I donā€™t have to hold back at all. These things just smash off center face and go a mile. Even the few mishits I had were right there with the others. I was worried about working the ball a bit too as it was very few draws I saw on the sim which I tend to see on the course but no that was no issue either. I could shape it with ease.

My only real ā€œproblemā€ is now I need a new set of wedges because mine are going to leave a huge gap behind these rocket launchers.

It was just a tiny bucket of balls. šŸ˜‚. Seriously though my 8 year old hammered through a ton of those.

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3344.jpeg
    IMG_3344.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 7
Got fit in to the ZX5s Saturday before last. Probably the best I have ever swung an iron for a fitting. It was close too with one other head right in there. Difference for me ended up being the other head I would see a 15 yard jump in carry distance about every 3 swings. These it was just incredibly consistent.

They showed up at the local course I ordered them from yesterday and I found an excuse to be out that way for work today and picked them up so ai could run by the range this afternoon after work.

Specs were 4-PW 2 degrees flat with standard loft and length. Nippon Pro Modus 120 stiff shafts. GP MCC black grips with 2 wraps.

Range session was mind blowing.šŸ¤Æ. Itā€™s one thing on a simulator and another thing all together watching a ball fly down range. I am super aggressive in transition but never had a set that could really hold up to that. Until now that is. I donā€™t have to hold back at all. These things just smash off center face and go a mile. Even the few mishits I had were right there with the others. I was worried about working the ball a bit too as it was very few draws I saw on the sim which I tend to see on the course but no that was no issue either. I could shape it with ease.

My only real ā€œproblemā€ is now I need a new set of wedges because mine are going to leave a huge gap behind these rocket launchers.

It was just a tiny bucket of balls. šŸ˜‚. Seriously though my 8 year old hammered through a ton of those.
The MkII lineup is so good off of the grass. It's unfair if you only get to hit them off a mat. The v sole is magic.

The MkII lineup is so good off of the grass. It's unfair if you only get to hit them off a mat. The v sole is magic.
100%. I saw this thread bump and I came to say this. I especially love them when the grass is slightly soft post-rain. Just cuts into the turn as if it isn't there.

I love the V sole. Had a 7 series set a couple years back but I donā€™t play as much anymore with kids always doing something and work. I wanted to get something a little more forgiving. I did hit the ZX7 in the fitting and it was good but not as good as the ZX5 was for me.

I wonā€™t mention which it was but the other head was good too. Probably a slightly better feel to it off the face and the dang thing was a dime size strike after repeated swings. Just couldnā€™t stand seeing 125ish mph ball speeds suddenly jump to 130+ every few swings.

It amused me though because I tried a ton of heads. It all came down to 2 out of the 3 I thought I might end up with and one of those the fitter half fought me on trying.

I love the V sole. Had a 7 series set a couple years back but I donā€™t play as much anymore with kids always doing something and work. I wanted to get something a little more forgiving. I did hit the ZX7 in the fitting and it was good but not as good as the ZX5 was for me.

I wonā€™t mention which it was but the other head was good too. Probably a slightly better feel to it off the face and the dang thing was a dime size strike after repeated swings. Just couldnā€™t stand seeing 125ish mph ball speeds suddenly jump to 130+ every few swings.

It amused me though because I tried a ton of heads. It all came down to 2 out of the 3 I thought I might end up with and one of those the fitter half fought me on trying.
That's awesome. I loved the 5's. Ended up going with the 4's for the added forgiveness. I would have been happy with either.

Good choice on Long Irons17151623762898640867665863593207.jpg

These irons are so freaking good. They just get it done on the course.

That's awesome. I loved the 5's. Ended up going with the 4's for the added forgiveness. I would have been happy with either.
Iā€˜ve owned both and it was so hard to pick. Ended up keeping the 4ā€™s because I fell in love with forgiveness and distance, but I sure miss the feel of the 5ā€™sā€¦

Back