Srixon Z-Star Irons

And I just shot my best round all year today with these in the bag for the first time. Not going anywhere. Great feel, solid forgiveness, and similar distance to my CB3's but with shorter shafts - meaning easier to hit them cleanly more often.

Loving these sticks!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Until I got a surprise bonus at work, I was going to pick these up. Fantastic clubs

I continue to freaking adore these things. I thought nothing could top the CB3's until I hit these beauties. Been playing as consistently with irons as I think I ever have. Not that there isn't room for improvement, but I love everything about these bad boys.

Sidenote, was glancing at the PGA Value Guide and apparently the mid value for resale for these is over $500 right now. Not sure if it's just a small sample size talking, but if it's true I got a filthy good deal on these!

Srixon Z-Star Irons

I recently played with someone that was using new Srixon Z545 irons. Holy Mother of Pearl those irons are beautiful. I just bought, and am most well pleased with, a set of Ping G-Max irons that were fitted. I love them, but can't get the sight of those Z545's out of my mind. I see an older set of Srixon Z-Star irons, 3 thru PW, for sale for a reasonable price. My question is are these too old of a design to be used today. I know they would feel different than the G-Max cast irons since they are forged, but they too have a very nice look and come with an advertised upgraded NS Pro 1050GH regular shaft. Just wanting to know how current Srixon Z-Star users like them.

I love my Z545 irons.

THPers were some of the first in the country with 545 irons and they are a big departure from the Z-Star, but both are quality irons.

I played the Z-Star irons for over a year and enjoyed them.

Maybe at some point that will make them for lefties, these are my favorite looking irons.

Just pulled the trigger on the 3-PW Srixon Z-Star irons with the NS Pro 1050GH regular shaft for $280.00. Should Be here by next Tuesday 3 Nov. Will play them Thursday 5 Nov and let you know my initial reaction to these great looking irons.

Can anyone tell me about the NS Pro 1050GH shafts? Can't find the specifications on the irons, 3 - PW, the lofts for each.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on the 3-PW Srixon S-Star irons with the NS Pro 1050GH regular shaft for $280.00. Should Be here by next Tuesday 3 Nov. Will play them Thursday 5 Nov and let you know my initial reaction to these great looking irons.

Enjoy! All their stuff is phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pulled the trigger on the 3-PW Srixon Z-Star irons with the NS Pro 1050GH regular shaft for $280.00. Should Be here by next Tuesday 3 Nov. Will play them Thursday 5 Nov and let you know my initial reaction to these great looking irons.

Can anyone tell me about the NS Pro 1050GH shafts? Can't find the specifications on the irons, 3 - PW, the lofts for each.
I have that shaft in my AP2s and love it. Believe it's in the 107g range plus or minus a couple of grams. Smooth loading and believe it has a mid kickpoint. Believe it helps get ball up a bit, but no ballooning.

I was skeptical at first, but now I love it. Even put it in my wedges.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Glad to see the love in here. Love my Z Stars. They have quite a bit of forgiveness hidden in a very attractive package. 1050GH shafts to me are very similar to KBS Tour 90, but a few grams heavier, a touch lower in launch, and a touch stiffer.

The Z-Stars I bought, 3 thru PW, came in this afternoon. Beautiful and feel great in hand. Was planning on changing the grips then hit them with the metal plate on the floor and marking tape on the bottom of the irons to see if I need to have them bent upright or flat or if they're good as the are, then get them bent before playing them. They look so tasty that I'm just gonna play them tomorrow and see how they feel and play. Did I say how beautiful the are?

Update Nov 3. Played them for the 1st time today and really enjoy the feel at impact, ball flight and just about everything about these irons. Shafts feel heavy, not a bad thing but I can feel the weight of the shaft during the swing. The heavier feeling shaft during the swing may just be me too, since I read that these NS Pro 1050GH shafts are a little heavier. Went to Golf Galaxy after the round and put tape on the 3, 5, 7 & 9 soles and swung them on the plastic sheet to mark them. All were marked towards the heel, so they are being flattened 2 degrees. Will play them Thursday again. I like the length of these Z Stars too, 4 iron is 5/8" shorter than the G-Max 4 iron and the PW is 3/8" shorter than the G-Max PW. I address with my hands directly below my chin and most irons need to be flattened 2 degrees. I warmed up on the range prior to start the round this am and hit a couple 7 irons on the sweet spot and man the launch angle and feel is wonderful. Hit a few irons during the round on the sweet spot too and same feel, buttery. Had to quit on the 14th hole, got a call from Wifey that her car wouldn't start, so the round was over.

Glad you are enjoying them.

After 2 more rounds, after having the irons bent flat 2 degrees, I love the feel at impact the few times I seem to find the sweet spot, and it's a nice big sweet spot. I don't know what it is or why I can't seem to hit the center of the iron on most swings. Maybe the fact that all irons in the Srixon set are shorter than the last two irons sets I've played, TM Burner 2.0's and Ping G-Max's. Maybe the fact that the shafts on the Srixon irons, NS Pro 1050GH shafts, are noticeably heavier than the Burner 2.0's or the G-Max's. Yesterday afternoon I went to the driving range and hit the Ping G-Max irons and hit them well and will play the Pings. I still want to work with the Srixon's and see if I can find the sweet spot with them. I'm not giving up on the Srixon Z-Star irons.............yet.

I actually really like the slightly heavier feel of the shafts in these vs my previous gamers (Adams CB3/KBS 90). Feels like I have a little more control over the ball flight, while still getting the high launch. Swinging KBS 90 after these feels (and I hate to use the word, but I don't know how else to put it) "whippy".

Still loving these puppies overall. LM testing yesterday proved that my numbers are better than the CB3's and I hit the center of the face more often too.

Back