Srixon Z-Star Driver

I heard some good feedback on this club from some of the guys this weekend. I cant wait to hit it. Seth said the face feels soft and smooth. I love the shaft and the design on the shaft.

Ok, what about a smaller head!

No, I have not heard anything. But truth be told, I normally prefer around 430 (see r9) but the size is quite nice on this one. No issues at all.

JB man you change clubs like none other...hehehe, how is the Z star driver treating you?

This new Srixon driver looks great! Now I have to demo it against the Cleveland I had fond memories of at WPB from the last outing. I concur with many others who are totally overcome by the decisions that golfers have now days. So many great options to choose from and thank goodness for a place like THP where we can get a first hand look at what these new weapons look, feel, and perform like in the testers hands. Lord have Mercy my brain is spinning :beat-up:!

I just had to say a little prayer asking God to forgive me for lusting over this thing... Gotta try this out. Love the look!

JB man you change clubs like none other...hehehe, how is the Z star driver treating you?

I would actually venture to say the opposite . Think of all the opportunities he has to switch and as long as I've been here he has kept the same driver,hybrid,wedges and putter from what I can tell. If I was on his spot I would have a 5-10 higher handing just from.switching equipment every other day.

I could be wrong and jb will have to confirm.

No, I have not heard anything. But truth be told, I normally prefer around 430 (see r9) but the size is quite nice on this one. No issues at all.

Awesome that's good to hear.

I would actually venture to say the opposite . Think of all the opportunities he has to switch and as long as I've been here he has kept the same driver,hybrid,wedges and putter from what I can tell. If I was on his spot I would have a 5-10 higher handing just from.switching equipment every other day.

I could be wrong and jb will have to confirm.

JRod is right. I have only played 4 drivers in 3 years. And one was for a week. Truth be told, I played the R9 for 18 months, and then switched to the Diablo Edge because my R9 shaft was cracked and the driver head had seen better days. Within a week I switched to the SuperTri, but really just because I did not have another R9 head. So in actuality I would still be using the R9 until this one. Outside of that, I rarely change. However you will see my signature change quite a bit since it usually is showing what I am reviewing at the current time.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't switch more, but I find stuff I like and stick with it. This driver may be the one for me.

hmmm. interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing this in my local GS. I wanna give it a try. either this or the R11 Ghost for next year.

JRod is right. I have only played 4 drivers in 3 years. And one was for a week. Truth be told, I played the R9 for 18 months, and then switched to the Diablo Edge because my R9 shaft was cracked and the driver head had seen better days. Within a week I switched to the SuperTri, but really just because I did not have another R9 head. So in actuality I would still be using the R9 until this one. Outside of that, I rarely change. However you will see my signature change quite a bit since it usually is showing what I am reviewing at the current time.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't switch more, but I find stuff I like and stick with it. This driver may be the one for me.

And that statements excites me. Ive tried to beat out the R9s with a 460, SD, ST, and FT Tour and none can dethrone the queens. The closest was the 425TP. I was hoping that there would be a 420(ish) head as it seems most manufacts are putting at least one out.

I saw pics of the FW and Irons. In a word YUM. I will also need to find out how to get the bags of Srixons Japan site; mainly the ggc 7007 or s001. Best looking bags Ive seen.

And that statements excites me. Ive tried to beat out the R9s with a 460, SD, ST, and FT Tour and none can dethrone the queens. The closest was the 425TP. I was hoping that there would be a 420(ish) head as it seems most manufacts are putting at least one out.

I saw pics of the FW and Irons. In a word YUM. I will also need to find out how to get the bags of Srixons Japan site; mainly the ggc 7007 or s001. Best looking bags Ive seen.

Russ,
Check this one out.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14260-Name-the-Staff-Bag&highlight=staff

Waaay to busy for me, but its an impressive bag. Especially in contrast to others.

My fav color is orange so Im really crushing on this one
sri_bg_s001_main.jpg

or

sri_bg_7077_main.jpg

Some asked for pictures of the wrench that I am a big fan of. Here ya go. Not only does it not take much to tighten, but the handle pops open to reveal more weights inside.

1093021068_AQ3P6-L-1.jpg

1093021192_XcFVU-L-1.jpg

1093021295_JaucA-L-1.jpg

1093021442_QXmve-L-1.jpg

1093021542_PTpCy-L-1.jpg

JB, Do you think that the square bit and the square screw hole will cause stripping problems down the line? I was a bit surprised to see something like that and not a standard star wrench or hex wrench.

JB, Do you think that the square bit and the square screw hole will cause stripping problems down the line? I was a bit surprised to see something like that and not a standard star wrench or hex wrench.

i wouldn't see it causing a problem setho, just so long as it's deep enough.

i wouldn't see it causing a problem setho, just so long as it's deep enough.

That is good because this thing is seriously in the running for my next year driver. Gotta wait to hit the R11 as well though.

That is good because this thing is seriously in the running for my next year driver. Gotta wait to hit the R11 as well though.

you did hit it well buddy. any of those "torque" style screw heads and bits are gonna be pretty tough to strip out imo. i don't see it being much of a problem.

Ah. Great question and my answer would be no. That is because of the fact that you dont have to turn 90 times to get it on and off. Its deep enough and barely half a turn and you are tight.

you did hit it well buddy. any of those "torque" style screw heads and bits are gonna be pretty tough to strip out imo. i don't see it being much of a problem.

Ah. Great question and my answer would be no. That is because of the fact that you dont have to turn 90 times to get it on and off. Its deep enough and barely half a turn and you are tight.

Great news! I like not having to make a bunch of turns.

This is horrible to say but I can only see this or the Cleveland being in my bag right now. Maybe one other driver but mainly the Miyazaki shaft and adjustable features really jump out at me. The Miyazaki shafts are just incredible and to partner with this technology, straight out of the box is really intriguing.

Seth was raving about this driver over the weekend and I must say that I want to hit this thing, real bad!

Back