Srixon Z-Star Driver

According to them, "very soon". That is all we have as it is not coming from the people we deal with, but straight out of the Japan offices.

Cool. I bet everybody is anticipating it as badly or worse then myself.

You have an iPad?

I got one a bit ago when I started writing. I wanted the XOOM, but I didn't want to pay $800 for it (nor could I afford to do so). It is what I did with the last big pay check that I got. I considered it an investment in my writing ventures as I like to go out to write (in the woods or at a coffee shop).

Nice! You do know that there's these things called pencils and paper though, right? :alien:

Nice! You do know that there's these things called pencils and paper though, right? :alien:

Yeah, but that is like playing golf with a Persimmon Wood as compaired to a Z-Star driver. I write much faster with a keyboard (i have a bluetooth keyboard that I use).

I got to check out this app when JB did the video at the PGA Show and it is absolutely amazing. You know that JB was uber stoked when they said they were coming out with an Android version.

Me man. Lol. It'splaying hard to get and Yoccos is falling for it.

How many outing attendee's have this driver on their raffle wish list?

Yeah, but that is like playing golf with a Persimmon Wood as compaired to a Z-Star driver. I write much faster with a keyboard (i have a bluetooth keyboard that I use).

I got to check out this app when JB did the video at the PGA Show and it is absolutely amazing. You know that JB was uber stoked when they said they were coming out with an Android version.

I bet that Persimmon is far more workable though, and I hear the feel is unparalleled! Just giving you a hard time dude!

You know that JB was uber stoked when they said they were coming out with an Android version.

While I think it is cool, it is not really for me from a golf stand point, because I am not much of a tinkerer. I like to do things the Ron Popeil way and that is set it and forget it. The only adjustments I make are to the back weight depending on if I want to hit it lower or higher. Just me though and I dont think I will be bringing my xoom to the course.

I bet that Persimmon is far more workable though, and I hear the feel is unparalleled! Just giving you a hard time dude!

haha. I have to admit, I am serious when it comes to my irons. I hesitate to even stand in the same room as a Persimmon Wood. My vocabulary of swear words is not nearly big enough to hit one of those things.

While I think it is cool, it is not really for me from a golf stand point, because I am not much of a tinkerer. I like to do things the Ron Popeil way and that is set it and forget it. The only adjustments I make are to the back weight depending on if I want to hit it lower or higher. Just me though and I dont think I will be bringing my xoom to the course.

You got a XOOM? Dude, I am extremely jealous. I am still working on the credit card bill for my Z-Star, Mashie and New Putter. Being poor sucks.

You got a XOOM? Dude, I am extremely jealous. I am still working on the credit card bill for my Z-Star, Mashie and New Putter. Being poor sucks.

My xoom was not $800 though. It was $599. Used both the IPad and Xoom and despite being a Mac user, Android on this machine is better, faster, and more capable for me.

But lets keep this one on the driver.

Setho what are your misses like with this driver? Are they manageable or what? Have you found the best setting for you and what change did said setting make?

Tapatalk: even for walkers

You may have answered this one before Seth...how does the dromos shaft feel compared to your Kusala shaft?

My xoom was not $800 though. It was $599. Used both the IPad and Xoom and despite being a Mac user, Android on this machine is better, faster, and more capable for me.

But lets keep this one on the driver.

Ugh. I bought the lowest of the low end iPad because of $$$ sake. Still I could have spared a little extra for the XOOM. I am sick now. OK, now on to the driver talk.

Setho what are your misses like with this driver? Are they manageable or what? Have you found the best setting for you and what change did said setting make?

Tapatalk: even for walkers

My misses have been on the heel and I am still getting decent distance and have been hitting the fairway or close to it with a little cut. I still have not got my wrench and weights yet so I am on Neutral with the 7g in the heel and 3g in the back. My flight has been a little lower, but not too terrably low. I would like to see a couple more degrees of launch angle and I will get that when I get my weights in. On good hits, I have been hitting around 270-280 with roll out on soft fairways using the Burner Tour ball. I will say this, the sound and feel may not appeal to everybody, but I love it (the feel that is). I don't mind the sound, but it is completely different than my TM drivers and I am still getting used to it. My misses just don't seem to be as bad with this driver and when I hit it on the screws, I am seeing some great ball flight. I am struggling big time with the driver at the moment, but I am still hitting fairways and not losing balls with this driver. My driver swing is coming around though and this thing will be putting me in really good positions instead of bailing me out.

Edit: I realize I didn't fully answer your question even though I wrote a book as a response. I should be a politician. I have not toyed around with the settings as my stock numbers were very good minus a few degrees of launch. Also the whole waiting for the wrench to get to my place thing. To me, this club is very manageable when you are not hitting the driver well and very long. I hit a 14 yard wide fairway when playing with JB &P4B. Don't ask me about some of my other drives though lol.

You may have answered this one before Seth...how does the dromos shaft feel compared to your Kusala shaft?

To be honest, if feels like the Kusala, but my flex code on this one is different so the feel is just a little different but I am definitely reminded of the Kusala whenever I swing with it.

Last edited:
Unboxing pics

Unboxing pics

UPS left me a present at my door today, courtesy of Patty & Dennis at Blind9Golf (and my BoA Visa, haha):

The cats wanted to help, of course:
5580791406_b3b25b14b6.jpg

Cutting it open:
5580791524_0ea4124254.jpg

Bag for the weight tool:
5580206483_c3471f950d.jpg

That'll put a smile on your face:
5580206799_99e95bf823.jpg

Open her up a little bit:
5580207527_5083e71434.jpg

Don't lose your head:
5580207631_0da9197f83.jpg

The other cat back helping again, changing the back weight:
5580792996_0c66e7fd6b.jpg

It's in the bag, baby:
5580207965_c34025d0a6.jpg

Closeup of the headcover:
5580208167_47214a12ba.jpg

UPS left me a present at my door today, courtesy of Patty & Dennis at Blind9Golf (and my BoA Visa, haha):

You look as happy as I did when I got my package from Blind9golf. Let us know what you think when you get it out on the course/range. I have been extemely happy with this purchase.

Very nice pics and congrats on the club. Just dont put a Jacksonville headcover on it or it might not work very well. :alien:

Very nice pics and congrats on the club. Just dont put a Jacksonville headcover on it or it might not work very well. :alien:

Umm. Okay. :act-up:

lb6qgh-lb6qercowboysweb.jpg

He's laying in the end zone. TOUCHDOWN!!

You cant have that short of a memory dude. They doubled the score and then some. Going off memory here but wasnt it 35 or 36 to 17? and it was just a late TD by the Cowgirls that even gave them that many? Pathetic of course, but par for the course.

SPeaking of pars, I hit 12 of 14 FWs with this driver last round.

You cant have that short of a memory dude. They doubled the score and then some. Going off memory here but wasnt it 35 or 36 to 17? and it was just a late TD by the Cowgirls that even gave them that many? Pathetic of course, but par for the course.

SPeaking of pars, I hit 12 of 14 FWs with this driver last round.

Thank you for getting back on track. lol. But I have no recollection of this 35-17 game. Must have been a preseason game.

And 0-4 at home, ouch. Why do I secretly want this driver? I didnt even hit it very well down in FL.

Thanks, JB. Saved me the trouble of pointing out how absolutely horribly, terribly, ashamedly the Cowboys played that day and how awesome they made David Garrard look (4 TDs), how unstoppable the Jags offense was...

Almost as unstoppable as a Srixon Z-Star driver.

So now I have a 13 of 14 fairways goal for tomorrow on it's maiden voyage, haha.

I can't find this dang club just to give it a try. grrrrr

JB or anyone else - is there a product registration for Srixon? I can't find one on their website.

Just got back from my GolfTEC lesson this morning. We setup the launch monitor and after a bit of warming up I hit balls for the next half hour, using my B330RXs marked up with a line for the monitor.

With the 11g in the back and set to 1* open I was getting a little bit of a push fade but good numbers otherwise - my old driver launch was around 9.5* but I was getting 12-15* with the Z-Star in that setup.

We swapped out the back weight for the other 7g so that both weights were on 7g. While most of my shots were still getting a good 12-13* launch my misses were getting down towards 10* so we decided to stick with the 11g. We also set the face to neutral for now.

I just wasn't getting through the ball well or releasing my right arm as well as I could, though, so I still may wind up back with it slightly open. I'll find out in about an hour when I head out to play for real and am not hitting into a net.

JB or anyone else - is there a product registration for Srixon? I can't find one on their website.

I have to tell you, I have absolutely no idea. Sorry about that.

Back