Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

You dont know why? It seems pretty clear to me.

You like Legos and hair gel.

I suppose I do! Here's a better question: what will the winning score be?

That is a crazy question. Are we looking at the typical US Open score or will we see someone go low out here.

Better question? Another tough one!

I think it's going to be a few under, but not much more. Even par will get you a top 10.

That is a crazy question. Are we looking at the typical US Open score or will we see someone go low out here.

That's the big question. I'm thinking we'll see typical US Open scores with the exception of one or two guys, who separate themselves.

Oh, that is a tough one. I think it will be close to par, maybe as low as 3 or 4 under but I am not expecting a -10 finish.

I also wonder, we the guy leading on Thursday/Friday be the guy to take it home on Sunday or will we see a collapse like we did last year with DJ or this year at the Masters with McIlroy?

Oh, that is a tough one. I think it will be close to par, maybe as low as 3 or 4 under but I am not expecting a -10 finish.

I also wonder, we the guy leading on Thursday/Friday be the guy to take it home on Sunday or will we see a collapse like we did last year with DJ or this year at the Masters with McIlroy?

I see someone having a hefty lead going into Saturday or Sunday, but blowing it. Maybe 5 guys under par with the winner at 3 under.

I see someone having a hefty lead going into Saturday or Sunday, but blowing it.

So you're saying a Euro in the lead going into Sunday? hehe.

Hey, I just joked at myself. darnit.

Phew, just researched for a half an hour before i finally decided my team haha!

Fantasy lineup is in. I usually pick on monday first thing so I don't forget and can make adjustments. I just put them in which is kinda late for me. Took a little longer than usual too... I went with some of the usual suspects and maybe 2 fliers.

If I remember correctly, I have the winner at 5 under. If Tiger was there I would have him at 10 under, because he is obviously back.

I looked at the last 10 years or so of US Open finishes to determine my winning score pick. Under par - yes...but not much. May be some early big leads but I do not see anyone hanging onto them or running away with it.

alright i'm in.
big thanks to THP and Srixon for this sweet contest.

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks Srixon and THP...another great one.

Just sent in my picks. I went w 2 Seixon staffers. I'm sure they are going to perform!

Thanks to Srixon and THP for the opportunity.

Got my entry in. GOOD LUCK fellow THPER's!! Thanks THP and Srixon for the amazing contest!

Took my time and finally entered, hard decisions this year :bicker: had to keep myself away from reading this thread so i didn't confuse myself

Should be a great tourney though!

There is a lot of opportunity for the long hitters out there to score, as long as they keep them straight, Bubba has been all over the place with his drives recently, had him on my original team but had to take him off.

It doesn't really matter what the "par" is since they are all playing the same course. Least amount of strokes wins no matter what par is. They could play it as a Par 75 or a Par 67 and their score is going to be the same.

True they all play the SE course but every player has a different par. Par 71 means a long straight hitter has slight advantage over a shored player. Three 5 pars means more scoring ops for long hitters that may be able to knock on in two.

Phil's par may be 68 while Freddie Funks is even due to the difference in length between two golfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my buddy and I have a usual bet for all the majors. we draft 4 players (i pick, he picks, i pick, etc) and if one wins, we win. anywho this week i picked moobs, luke donald, dj and adam scott. he's got kaymer, mahan, bubba and rory mcilroy. should be interesting. I've been watching golf channel's "live at the us open", that course looks spectacular. Also saw the piece on Ken Venturi, moving stuff

True they all play the SE course but every player has a different par. Par 71 means a long straight hitter has slight advantage over a shored player. Three 5 pars means more scoring ops for long hitters that may be able to knock on in two.

Phil's par may be 68 while Freddie Funks is even due to the difference in length between two golfers.

Call me crazy, but the longer and the more par 5s that are on the course the more advantage to the long straight hitter. So by having 3 instead of 4 on a course means that they do not get that same advantage.

Thank you THP and Srixon for this awesome contest! I'm in but I know my picks are not unique. I can't seem to go out on a limb with these things!

Spin it however, once they are on the course, it's the same course for everyone, whether it's a Par 71 or a Par 127. Once the players are on the course and playing the course, the only reason Par only matters is if it is the cut line.They are going to shoot the same score regardless of what par is. A lot of times they change a par 5 into a par 4. Still doesn't matter, it's the same hole that everyone is playing regardless of what par is. We could call all the par 3's, par 4's; all the par 4's par 5's; and all the par 5's par 3's and their score is still going to be the same.There will be a lot more birdies if all the par 4's were par 5's but the total score is the same.

I really do see what you are saying. But I still say the score is going to be the same no matter what they say par is. If they had lengthened #6 but left it a par 4, are the total scores going to be any different than if it were a par 5? No, the relation to par will be different, but the scores won't change.

I really do see what you are saying. But I still say the score is going to be the same no matter what they say par is. If they had lengthened #6 but left it a par 4, are the total scores going to be any different than if it were a par 5? No, the relation to par will be different, but the scores won't change.

This is very true.

Picks are in. I'm hoping my darkhorse comes out and wins this then it's all gravy. Thanks THP and Srixon for another wonderful contest.

My selections are made and my entry submitted. Good Luck everyone!!
Now bring it on!

Back