Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Damn, it's time that they will be available in europe. Seems that everyone really likes them

A good ball at a nice price. Good thing is if you don't like it, you're only out $25.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Well, I found a weakness this weekend. Well, not a weakness, but something I didn't plan on. I had a few balls roll out a little more than I was expecting on little chips around the green. This is not a bad thing, but I am still used to the Penta's spin and how the ball would not roll out and transitioning to this ball took its toll yesterday on the front 9. By the time I got to the back, I had adjusted and was playing some pretty good shots to the green. I have been getting some good spin off of full wedge shots and the ball would typically be around a foot behind the divot. I did spin one back about 7 feet with a pitching wedge from 130 out. This is not my favorite ball off the driver, but, for the price, it is great! I came 10 yards short of driving a 300 yard green and I would have made it if it was level with the fairway and not on a hill. This may be my new ball.

How was the durability Seth?

Well, I found a weakness this weekend. Well, not a weakness, but something I didn't plan on. I had a few balls roll out a little more than I was expecting on little chips around the green. This is not a bad thing, but I am still used to the Penta's spin and how the ball would not roll out and transitioning to this ball took its toll yesterday on the front 9. By the time I got to the back, I had adjusted and was playing some pretty good shots to the green. I have been getting some good spin off of full wedge shots and the ball would typically be around a foot behind the divot. I did spin one back about 7 feet with a pitching wedge from 130 out. This is not my favorite ball off the driver, but, for the price, it is great! I came 10 yards short of driving a 300 yard green and I would have made it if it was level with the fairway and not on a hill. This may be my new ball.

How was the durability Seth?

Fantastic! I typically eat up softer golf balls, but these were holding up pretty well. I played 16 with one yesterday and it looked great right up until I lost it. The cover reminds me of the 3 layer Polara ball. I wonder if the material is the same.

great reviews thus far, definitely sounds like I at least gotta give these a shot.

But I currently have 2 dozen pentas, 1 dozen prov1's and 2 dozen E-6's I gotta burn through first....which might not take long

I think I'll give these a shot but like others I have a few more balls to work through!

Will these be shorter, same, longer than an XV?

hehe. Coming from cheaper balls its taking some getting used to to go up a level.

uhh the b330RX is more and the E6 is about the same, those are the 2 you mentioned you played. Just a little confused i guess

I think I'll give these a shot but like others I have a few more balls to work through!

Will these be shorter, same, longer than an XV?

I think it depend on your swing speed.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

Shot a personal best of 43 yesterday with them at my home course. Would have been better but I suck at this game. I do notice there is a bit more distance of the tee but also more spin. I'm not sure if I'm in love with this ball anymore since the E6/B330-RX was more controllable off the tee. Accuracy trumps distance but on the approach shots the ball stopped dead every time.

uhh the b330RX is more and the E6 is about the same, those are the 2 you mentioned you played. Just a little confused i guess

Very true. Assuming I got them new. :) Got a deal on Bridgestone refinished balls last year. Im a cheap Asian bastard, what can I say.

The q-stars finally made it to Naples, picked up a dozen today to try out Thursday.

--
tapatalk

Very true. Assuming I got them new. :) Got a deal on Bridgestone refinished balls last year. Im a cheap Asian bastard, what can I say.

haha dude that made me lol, i didnt even think about refinished, makes allot more sense now hehe

I just bought a dozen of these today and will give them a shot when I get down to Florida.

I have finally found the time to read through this entire thread. I can't wait to get me a dozen of these to compare to my Diablo Tours. I've been playing those for the last couple of months and love them, so, if these spin more than those with the short irons and less with the driver, this could be my new ball as I love Srixon, but can't afford the Z-Stars if they aren't on sale. Although, I can still get the Diablo Tours cheaper than these at the moment.

Ran down to the store tonight and picked up a dozen. Hope to play with them this weekend. Sounds like they are equal to an E5/E6 type ball. We shall see.....

Shot a personal best of 43 yesterday with them at my home course. Would have been better but I suck at this game. I do notice there is a bit more distance of the tee but also more spin. I'm not sure if I'm in love with this ball anymore since the E6/B330-RX was more controllable off the tee. Accuracy trumps distance but on the approach shots the ball stopped dead every time.

Must be that i15 your swinging. :D

I have found these nothing but dead straight. Actually, i've been in the left rough because i'm still lining up for my slight fade. I will play my 3rd round with them in the morning and aim dead middle and trust the ball.

Picked up some Tour Yellow Q-STAR's now. Going rotate them in against the THP Mystery Ball tomorrow. Can't wait!

I have high hopes for the Q-STAR's.

Must be that i15 your swinging. :D

I have found these nothing but dead straight. Actually, i've been in the left rough because i'm still lining up for my slight fade. I will play my 3rd round with them in the morning and aim dead middle and trust the ball.

so many things I could blame.... :D

The only thing preventing me trying these are the 16 e6's I have right now...

I've been playing the e5s this summer and I really like how they perform around the greens and through the mid-irons. I've been working some swing issues with the driver (I impart excessive spin) so the e5s are probably not the best driving option. I bought the Q-Star and put them into play in a tournament round yesterday with no previous practice and shot an 81 (my course low with a 15 hcp) and I had the low net. I'd give these a pretty solid rating. They were long enough off the tee, nice feel and trajectory with the irons and had adequate spin around the greens. I'd say less than the e5 and more than the e6. I had one of my worst putting rounds in a while (33) putts and I was leaving most shots short but online. That could have been tournament jitters but I felt that the Q-Star was slower off the club face than the e5s. I'll play them for several more rounds next week and I'll have more to add. They are very solid all around performers at $25/dozen!

picked up some tour yellow q-star's now. Going rotate them in against the thp mystery ball tomorrow. Can't wait!

I have high hopes for the q-star's.

awesome - cant wait to here the results!!

Picked up some Tour Yellow Q-STAR's now. Going rotate them in against the THP Mystery Ball tomorrow. Can't wait!

I have high hopes for the Q-STAR's.

I plan on doing this tonight also during my League.

FYI - I was just a bridgestone ball fitting, I came upon it by accident wasn't aware that they scheduled to be there so i wasn't prepared, didn't have my clubs. I decided quickly to buy some Q-stars and test them. After hitting the 5 shots with the Q-star they recommended the E6. E6 brought down my backspin 500rpms and my side-spin by 150rpms. E6 was almost 20yds longer.

I don't know how much faith I have in it because...I wasn't warmed up, took 5 practice swings and then recorded the Q-star, my SS was faster with the E6 probably because I was getting warm and so ballspeed was up as well.

Not for nothing, just thought I would share.

I had another range session with these yesterday at the chipping green. I am learning the greenside nature of these balls more and more and I am more and more happy with what I see! I have been able to make these things hit and roll out on shorter chips with my 56º and I have also been able to make them land softly and have very little rollout with my 60º. I think it is cool that I can generate a good bit of spin if I want to and also to be able to have rollout if I want to. I know that most of the better players can do with with a tour level ball, but I am not that good yet and I tend to generate too much spin on all shots with the Penta. I still like the Penta better off the driver, but the greenside characteristics of the Q-Star far outweigh the shortcomings off the driver as of right now.

Back