Social Levels of Forums

To me on the West Coast i feel very isolated by some of the clique type behavior you guys on the east coast have alot more access to events those of us on the WC it takes a huge effort to get to these events i have been told a few times on this board " oh just hop on a flight" that is not so easy when you are flying 2000 miles. I know that everyone means well and make an effort to be nice but it some times feels to me that you are not accepted until you have been to an event and that your opinion is not as important because some one might not know you presonally. I hope i will one day be able to attend an event but only time will tell.

To me on the West Coast i feel very isolated by some of the clique type behavior you guys on the east coast have alot more access to events those of us on the WC it takes a huge effort to get to these events i have been told a few times on this board " oh just hop on a flight" that is not so easy when you are flying 2000 miles. I know that everyone means well and make an effort to be nice but it some times feels to me that you are not accepted until you have been to an event and that your opinion is not as important because some one might not know you presonally. I hope i will one day be able to attend an event but only time will tell.

Anybody with the name goats as part of their forum name is cool to me :thumb:

Anybody with the name goats as part of their forum name is cool to me :thumb:
Sorry close but no cigar
Brian Big Oats Very old nickname

Lol I read it as goats too! Totes Magoats

Have you ever gotten together with local THPers?

It sucks that you feel that way Brian but I honestly don't think you'd be isolated unless you came here looking for and starting trouble which I haven't seen. Sometimes things just don't work out or fit our schedules and getting to an event isn't possible, man don't sweat it, eventually it will happen and some of those perceptions will definitely go away. You are accepted and your appreciated, I hope you eventually feel at home and like a valuable member of our community.

Ummmm....well....

Rule #2: don't take yourself too seriously on the Internet

I think I can admit that I get tunnel vision every once in awhile on THP. I've made a lot of great friends and interacting with them is a lot of fun. I think we could probably all do a better job of it if we sit back and be honest with ourselves. Thanks for bringing it up Brian, I am going to work harder at being better at it!

Ummmm....well....

Rule #2: don't take yourself too seriously on the Internet

oh i don't I trully don't care you can call me goats if you want no big deal

as long as you don't dismiss what i have to say

Yes they are a great group of guys

Good. My point in asking the question was because I had never been to a THP event and kind of felt like you did. I decided to reach out and find some local THPers to play with and I was fortunate to be able to do that. We all share a common love and interest. Everyone has their own way of experiencing THP. No way is the right or wrong way. Would I love for you to make it to and experience a THP event? Of course. Do I think less of you or think your opinion doesn't matter? Of course not. Just be yourself and continue to post and be active. If you have any questions or ever feel like you have an issue feel free to shoot me a PM or any staff member for that matter.

I think I can admit that I get tunnel vision every once in awhile on THP. I've made a lot of great friends and interacting with them is a lot of fun. I think we could probably all do a better job of it if we sit back and be honest with ourselves. Thanks for bringing it up Brian, I am going to work harder at being better at it!

Guilty as charged - like you said, we tend to want to respond particularly to people we've personally interacted with. My circle isn't super large yet, but it has gotten bigger since being selected for The King, and will get even bigger once I get down there for the event, so I will have to focus on always including new folks as much as possible going forward!

I thought goats was kind of a cool nickname. Appreciate you opening up and we are glad to have you here.

Honest question...do you think there are enough folks on the west coast that travel that would fill a 40 person invitational if held out west?

My answer would be no...example is vegas and the fact that only a small handful of the people that signed up for that event were from the west coast.

We sometimes forget this is a business for JB and GG and ultimately they have to make the best financial decision for the both of them.

My first event was in Florida and required travel, but it was money well spent as I got a small taste of what this place is all about and met people their I talk to daily. Odds are for you to experience the same you will have to make a trip somewhere.

What Ever not going to hurt my feelings
Don't mind my husband he loves to give nicknames. For the first 6 months or so we dated he called me stinky. I was also playing college soccer at the time and rightly earned that nickname after practices.

Honest question...do you think there are enough folks on the west coast that travel that would fill a 40 person invitational if held out west?

My answer would be no...example is vegas and the fact that only a small handful of the people that signed up for that event were from the west coast.

We sometimes forget this is a business for JB and GG and ultimately they have to make the best financial decision for the both of them.

I don't think is OP was meant to be critical of the event distribution, 441. He had the stones to make a post that could/and did make some a bit defensive. None of it is bad, we all love this place and that's where that defensiveness comes from. I respect him quite a bit for making a post like that. What's nice about this place is you can make posts like this and not have people jump down your throat.

My first event was in Florida and required travel, but it was money well spent as I got a small taste of what this place is all about and met people their I talk to daily. Odds are for you to experience the same you will have to make a trip somewhere.

I understand it is a business but if people think you only cater to oneside of the country they will not be active on your site i have had friends check out the site and come back and tell me that" everyone is from Florida on that site why would i want to go there i will just stay on Golfwrx" granted i know this is not true but i have had a few people tell me this.

The fact that you have brought this up mean you want THP to a better place. You and I have the same desire.

Please know, the fact that traveling to a THP event is difficult doesnt make you a less valuable forum member. I didn't try for the Morgan Cup the last two years because of difficulties.

There are many of us that are not part of that very wonderful and lucky group. But just being a part of this forum makes you awesome. Take pride in that.

Good intentions lol.

I don't think is OP was meant to be critical of the event distribution, 441. He had the stones to make a post that could/and did make some a bit defensive. None of it is bad, we all love this place and that's where that defensiveness comes from. I respect him quite a bit for making a post like that. What's nice about this place is you can make posts like this and not have people jump down your throat.

No doubt, I hope I didn't come across as brash it wasn't my intention one bit.

The fact that you have brought this up mean you want THP to a better place. You and I have the same desire.

Please know, the fact that traveling to a THP event is difficult doesnt make you a less valuable forum member. I didn't try for the Morgan Cup the last two years because of difficulties.

There are many of us that are not part of that very wonderful and lucky group. But just being a part of this forum makes you awesome. Take pride in that.

So true. In fact I've never met another THP'er in person, but that doesn't make me feel as though I'm not included in forum discussions.

So true. In fact I've never met another THP'er in person, but that doesn't make me feel as though I'm not included in forum discussions.

To be fair, I discount anything you say because you are a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. :)

Back