Slow Play on Tour

How far out of position was his group? His group had to have been behind because 1minute total of slow play wouldn't make a difference.

There's not a whole lot of detail about it that I can see. Just that he was warned first on the 11th for a slow time, then ultimately penalised on the 14th. At first glance, it sounds harsh, since Ross clearly isn't the worst out there. But, maybe it'll make a few sit up and take notice. Maybe the PGA tour officials will take this as a lead....? Maybe not!

It probably cost him that tournament. At least he'll be aware of it going forward. I watched the tourny and never once did I think, "man, Ross Fisher is freaking slow".

I know it's an issue on the PGA and needs to be addressed. Can you imagine if TW was put on the clock on Sunday

I know it's an issue on the PGA and needs to be addressed. Can you imagine if TW was put on the clock on Sunday

Lord No! There would be outrage. Although, to be fair, Tiger was having to wait for Rickie to play up to the green.

lol at waiting for Rickie to get on the green. It's true though. I still think Tiger was slow and very deliberate with his play. These guys play slow golf and take their time for sure.

Imagine if ANY of the big names were put on the clock..A few years ago TW and Harrington were paired in the last group..Marshalls warned them (mainly Harrington) that they were behind..After the round TW had a fit..He said this is an important tournament and everything should be taken into consideration and warnings for slow play should not be given..So you know certain players will never get punished/fined etc for slow play..

Imagine if ANY of the big names were put on the clock..A few years ago TW and Harrington were paired in the last group..Marshalls warned them (mainly Harrington) that they were behind..After the round TW had a fit..He said this is an important tournament and everything should be taken into consideration and warnings for slow play should not be given..So you know certain players will never get punished/fined etc for slow play..

I remember that. Paddy crapped himself on that hole and it cost him a shot at the tournament. He was livid.

I played with a guy yesterday that was "deliberate" with his preshot routine. I almost said something.

I would love to see Tiger get stuck with a slow play penalty. It would send a message.

I would too. Who cares if he gets mad. Tiger isn't the PGA tour like he used to be so lay down the law already.

fine them all... pro's play slow and ppl who idolize them and imitate them are taking over the courses lol

I would too. Who cares if he gets mad. Tiger isn't the PGA tour like he used to be so lay down the law already.

I think the thp forum is the only place that is aware that TW isn't what he used to be. The tour, TV still think other wise.
Does anyone know how long their group took on Sunday?

I played with a guy yesterday that was "deliberate" with his preshot routine. I almost said something.

I have been at that point several times in recent rounds. I played behind a group that by hole 4 were a full hole behind, but we didn't get around them until the turn when we rushed the teebox as they went in to get snacks.

I think some level of common sense needs to be accounted for in the penalties... as 17 seconds hardly seems worth 10,000 US dollars, and a t-6 instead of a t-2 (another 90k?). I also happen to agree with Tiger- if its a final round and you are in the last couple groups, by all means play at whatever pace you want. If there is no one behind you, who cares?

The question is: Is that unfair to other players who had to play the final round "fast" and may have played better with more time?

I think the thp forum is the only place that is aware that TW isn't what he used to be. The tour, TV still think other wise.
Does anyone know how long their group took on Sunday?

I think they were ok, even with Fowler seeing the entire course a couple times over.

Thanks Jrod, I didnt get to watch. Cudos to TW for staying focused with RF getting the course layout for next year

The ironic part is that I read an article a couple weeks ago that had Tiger complaining about slow play.

Does Tiger ever get put on the clock? Does he ever deserve it, or does he just take all of the time he is allowed for every shot?

Hawk that was around the Players champ that I read the same.

JR he is a slow player. He pulls the trigger almost right away when over the ball but he takes forever to get to that point.

Does Tiger ever get put on the clock? Does he ever deserve it, or does he just take all of the time he is allowed for every shot?

Why should he get special treatment? It's irritating how TV/announcers trip over themselves to worship TW...

I..... never said he should???
Why should he get special treatment? It's irritating how TV/announcers trip over themselves to worship TW...

The TV ratings from this past Sunday says otherwise.
Whether he moves the needle is irrelevant, if he or anyone else is playing slow the rule needs to be enforced and not just threatened

Whether he moves the needle is irrelevant, if he or anyone else is playing slow the rule needs to be enforced and not just threatened

For Tiger to be given a penalty for slow play he would have to be ten times worse that Kevin Na. Right or wrong, Tiger will never be flagged for slow play.

For Tiger to be given a penalty for slow play he would have to be ten times worse that Kevin Na. Right or wrong, Tiger will never be flagged for slow play.
Why? If he breaks the rules of slow play he should be penalized.

Back