SLIGO OUTFITS... What are you getting with your discount?

couldbeu

THP or work? Hmmm...
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a few Sligo outfits and was trying to figure out what I should get with the 30% discount...

I already have:
O'Brien Polo - Chome, Orange, White
Orange Shorts

O'Brien Polo - Mckenna Blue, Key Lime, White
Key Lime Shorts

What do you guys already have / gonna get that you would call 'must haves'?

JB - I'm expecting you to answer...

Must haves -
Ivory Plaid - Some of the most versatile shorts I own.
Chrome Plaid - Non-bold colors but still pop. Great for fall wear.
Robinson Golf Shirt - Black - Love this shirt with lime green or gray shorts
Obrien Ivory Shirt - great with white, black, pink, shorts. Great look to it.

There are so many more. But most importantly, the Sligo Driver cap is perfect.

Well it wasn't with the discount, but I now have the Orange Trousers and Orange Classic Belt.

Well it wasn't with the discount, but I now have the Orange Trousers and Orange Classic Belt.

Dent what do you usually wear with your orange trousers... I haven't really had anything else I really liked with my orange shorts. I have a puma and adidas shirt with orange stripes, but the orange from Sligo is just different enough it really doesn't match...?

Dent what do you usually wear with your orange trousers... I haven't really had anything else I really liked with my orange shorts. I have a puma and adidas shirt with orange stripes, but the orange from Sligo is just different enough it really doesn't match...?

I was just about to ask you the same thing. I haven't worn them yet, and am going out to find a shirt. I want something that is white with maybe a hint of orange in it. The best I have found so far is this:

Golf Town

The best shirt for the orang shorts I have ever found are these. Either one of these two are perfect.

sligo09-grey-robinsonB.jpg

sligo-grey-obrienL.jpg

Yeah I have the O'Brien... Let's not forget the Bala...
I was thinking about buying this one with the discount, so I at least had 2 shirts to go with the shorts... I think they will also look OK with just a standard white Polo, but that's kinda boring for me...

Last edited:
Good plan and of course we will not have the discount forever. So now is the time. Im trying to convince the wife to let me order backup hats for my fav hat.

Good plan and of course we will not have the discount forever. So now is the time. Im trying to convince the wife to let me order backup hats for my fav hat.

That's why when I sell stuff on eBay I keep it in my paypal account... my girlfriend doesn't know about that $$... The trick is getting the package before she see's it...

JB - Sounds like you have a habit a lot like mine... I would say we should form a help group, but I don't think it's a problem...

My wife pays the bills in our house. And she handles the paypal, however we do not use ebay.

That's why when I sell stuff on eBay I keep it in my paypal account... my girlfriend doesn't know about that $$... The trick is getting the package before she see's it...

JB - Sounds like you have a habit a lot like mine... I would say we should form a help group, but I don't think it's a problem...

Hey now! I do my best to embrace the spending habit but every now and then my desire to pay bills (or cheapness as JB calls it) will get the best of me. :wink:

Bills, schmills, I need more clothes...hehe

I use eBay to support my habit... I sell my old(er) stuff and buy some (a lot) new stuff... I was getting pretty content until I saw Brian Gay and all the SLIGO stuff he was wearing and instantly had to have some... It would probably be cheaper and easier to make it onto a tour and get sponsored... or does SLIGO sponsor auto finance managers who play several times a week???

Probably not, but hopefully we can continue to do the Sligo Contests as well as this discount makes it easier.

I just bought:
Chome Plaid Shorts
Pink Shorts (JB if you ever golf in Binghamton, NY we'll have to make sure we don't both wear them at the same time...)
Bala Polo - Chome/Orange (to go with my Orange shorts)

I was also able to pick up 2 shirts online from last years line...

This is a pretty big switch for me... about a year and a half ago I was all nike...

Now... When I go, I go Sligo!!!

Awesome stuff. You will have to post some pictures when they come in. Discount worked well I assume?

I was thinking about getting the St. James in Mint (prob wear w/ white shorts), and maybe the Cleveland/Mint Striped shorts w/ the Mint Mentor. I should have waited till Monday to make my final decision these multiple orders... I'm gonna get killed in shipping...!
Question is: Do I need all white shoes?

Right now I have the following I use for my white shoes:
Nike Elite - White/Black/Silver
Adidas 360 II - White/Black/Slime

I typically stear away from the all white shoes because I think they are a little boring... but these may have too much black to really go... I was thinking about cracking and getting either the Adidas 360 LTD in white/black stripes or the new TW Air Zoom in white/silver

Let me know your opinions...

Last edited:
Glad you like them Dent. Going out to play in them today or tomorrow?

Oh yeah, I forgot they come unfinished. I am going to have to purchase a pair or two for the fall and winter.

That's awesome Dent. I'm telling you get the O'Brien to match it's awesome! I'll try to throw a pick up of the outfit, I plan on wearing it this weekend. I also just bought the matching Bala, I'll throw up a pick of that when it comes in.

Back