?

• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Skiing, though I've never tried snowboarding.

I think you guys know where I fall on this debate 🤔:LOL:

Started out skiing, but once I picked up snowboarding - Goofy! - haven't looked back.

Snowboarding for me. I did both growing up, got more into boarding though.

I looked super cool. =)

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Snowboarding

• Appreciation
I've only ever skied, but even that I've only done 4-5 times and it's been over 20 years since the last time. I would love to try snowboarding sometime as I was a huge skateboarder growing up.

I think you guys know where I fall on this debate 🤔:LOL:

We are sharing a brain on this one. I like to go fast, and four edges are better than two. :) Snowboards also often suck in deep snow trying to make it back on the flats to the lift or snow cat. I've had to pull my snowboarding friends many a time to get them back to the lift on deep days.

My powder skis at 191cm long and 170mm wide at the tips also float better in deep powder than most if not all snowboards. They also look better. :LOL:Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 10.02.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 10.01.06 AM.png

We are sharing a brain on this one. I like to go fast, and four edges are better than two. :) Snowboards also often suck in deep snow trying to make it back on the flats to the lift or snow cat. I've had to pull my snowboarding friends many a time to get them back to the lift on deep days.

My powder skis at 191cm long and 170mm wide at the tips also float better in deep powder than most if not all snowboards. They also look better. :LOL:View attachment 9149932

View attachment 9149931

170mm wide!?!? Holy crap those are some surfboards

170mm wide!?!? Holy crap those are some surfboards

They don't even really sink into the powder unless it really deep, lol. Sort of a one trick pony but I have other options. I've added a couple pairs since this photo was taken 5 years ago. :) My son had the Armadas(left in 2nd pic) behind the snowmobile on a water ski rope out on the frozen lake with some buddies last weekend.

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.21.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.14.49 AM.png

Last edited:
Use to ski and snowboard but since I turned 50 (22 years ago) I have just skied. I don’t bounce very well anymore when I fall with both feet tied to a snowboard

My powder skis at 191cm long and 170mm wide at the tips also float better in deep powder than most if not all snowboards. They also look better. :LOL:View attachment 9149932

View attachment 9149931

False on all accounts! :ROFLMAO:

Except the part about it sucking getting through flats on a snowboard

They don't even really sink into the powder unless it really deep, lol. Sort of a one trick pony but I have other options. I've added a couple pairs since this photo was taken 5 years ago. :) My son had the Armadas(left in 2nd pic) behind the snowmobile on a water ski rope out on the frozen lake with some buddies last weekend.

View attachment 9149966View attachment 9149968

Nice quiver dude. I've got 4 in my quiver currently ranging from 74mm to 117mm, but to be honest I very rarely need to use more than my 102mm option to ski pow. The reality of resort pow is it's almost always cut up to some degree, so while I might be a little undergunned in really deep, I'm usually glad I have something a little more maneuverable with some hard snow capability once things get a little tracked out or if I want to mix it up with bumps, groomers, etc. I will admit the 117mm are REALLY fun when it's deep though!

Dynastar CR74 Fluid X 172cm (74mm)
Nordica Enforcer 88 172cm (88mm)
Fischer Ranger 102FR 177cm (102mm)
Atomic Automatic 179cm (117mm)

Started snowboarding, moved to skiing and back to boarding as I stalled at that point on skis where it was more lessons and skiing to progress to a better level.
Plus I can have more fun snowboarding if I do it once a season than skiing (& the boots, nuff said)

• Appreciation
I ski and snowboard. I prefer skiing, mostly because I have invested more time in skiing (including telemark skiing) over the decades. I also prefer backcountry skiing over resort skiing, and ski equipment best serves my needs. There are split snowboards that are very good for backcountry, but I like my lightweight ski touring setups (e.g., dynafit bindings). I also love cross country skiing, either classic diagonal technique or aerobic blowout skate skiing.

Skiing is my #1 favorite outdoor activity. Golf is #2. BTW, one of my favorite kinds of days is spring conditions where I ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon. That is the definition of life is good!

I haven't downhill skied since the early 1980s. I have never snowboarded. I'd choose skiing.

False on all accounts! :ROFLMAO:

Except the part about it sucking getting through flats on a snowboard
This was meant to be sarcastic by the way, skis are definitely better to go really fast on. Not my thing, but I ride with a lot of skiers that want to go mach 10 everywhere they go which makes for interesting days sometimes! Snowboards are so much fun in pow, but you do have to plan your routes for sure so you don't get stuck. Skis are just superior for traveling really. My friend that has ridden forever got skis for his backcountry setup and I seriously considered the same thing.

I'm sure those boats float amazingly, it's so nice to not have to lean back so hard. This is usually my pow board. Has a swallowtail you can't see in the snow.

1673464391605.png

Nice quiver dude. I've got 4 in my quiver currently ranging from 74mm to 117mm, but to be honest I very rarely need to use more than my 102mm option to ski pow. The reality of resort pow is it's almost always cut up to some degree, so while I might be a little undergunned in really deep, I'm usually glad I have something a little more maneuverable with some hard snow capability once things get a little tracked out or if I want to mix it up with bumps, groomers, etc. I will admit the 117mm are REALLY fun when it's deep though!

Dynastar CR74 Fluid X 172cm (74mm)
Nordica Enforcer 88 172cm (88mm)
Fischer Ranger 102FR 177cm (102mm)
Atomic Automatic 179cm (117mm)

You have a great collection and I've skied on the CR74's and the Enforcers. Same with me on the width. Almost all my skiing is on my 101mm and 84mm waisted skis. The wider ones only get used when I go on a cat or heli trip which I haven't done in way too long. They've been just eye cand in the man cave recently.

I went skiing about 15 times before I ever boarded. My first two boarding experiences were horrible, with me leaving the mountain with a broken wrist and crying. Those two things were exclusive of each other and on different trips. I powered through that and never went back to skiing.

Being 6'4'', all legs, and the most inflexible person on the planet I do worry about my future with boarding. It's already hard to reach my feet to get strapped in at age 33, and if I ever gain any weight it's only going to be worse. We only go maybe 3 times a year, though.

Last edited:
Back