Skateboarder/Golfer

Any other aging skater that took up golfing in here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello GIF by DJ Khaled

You don't stop skating because you get old, you get old because you stop skating.

Not a skater, but welcome to THP!

Any other aging skater that took up golfing in here?

Me. It's just the natural progression. Rage against the ritzy golfer as a young one then become what you hated haha

Not a skater but a snowboarder and voleyballer.

Skated, surfed, and snowboarded growing up. Down to just the occasional snowboarding now. Even with that I’m not the maniac I used to be. Now when I get going too fast I start thinking about things like health insurance premiums. Sad.

Welcome to THP!

I hardly ever skate these days. Golf has taken over for sure.

Aged and still aging. I boarded a ton in the 70s, rocking a wooden kicktail board sporting Tracker trucks and Roadrunner wheels with sealed bearings. I worked all summer to build that board. 47 years later and I still have it! Taught all my kids how to ride on that board.

Even though I still have the board, I don’t ride any longer. I ski and my boys snowboard. My grandson just took up skateboarding, though, so we’re working on a 3rd generation!

Hello GIF by DJ Khaled

You don't stop skating because you get old, you get old because you stop skating.

Very true!

Skated, surfed, and snowboarded growing up. Down to just the occasional snowboarding now. Even with that I’m not the maniac I used to be. Now when I get going too fast I start thinking about things like health insurance premiums. Sad.

Same lol

Still have a skateboard or 2 in the garage though I haven't been on one in a while. Hurts too much to fall now!

Aged and still aging. I boarded a ton in the 70s, rocking a wooden kicktail board sporting Tracker trucks and Roadrunner wheels with sealed bearings.

The 70's were a great time for skating. Worked in a skate shop all thru HS and had a great time. Skated everything/everywhere in NorCal and made the trip to the Upland skate park in Ontario CA a couple of times. I think I still have a set of Trackers and Kryptioics wheels in a box somewhere.

This was our biz card. I drew the skater dude.
IMG_20181226_163424912_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

This was me my last year of HS.
IMG_20210327_135422495.jpg

Does a one wheel count? If so, me.

We need to talk. I've been eyeing one for a while.
Love my one wheel, it's awesome. They are expensive. I got one used of Facebook Marketplace, traded a dude an old ebike for it. It's the older XT model, but it works just fine.

However, I want one of the new models.

Love my one wheel, it's awesome. They are expensive. I got one used of Facebook Marketplace, traded a dude an old ebike for it. It's the older XT model, but it works just fine.

However, I want one of the new models.
Have you ever had it on a dirt road?

It been about 35 years ago, but I remember the last board I had was a Dogtown Eric Dressen board with Indy trucks.......Good times 🔥

Perfect, I could take it to get the mail! 🤣
I attempted to use it while walking the dog once.

Did not end well.

I love having my giant dog pull me around my longboards, but nothing paved near my house sadly.
I do as well, but the one wheel is a bit different...

I skate boarded as a teenager and had a long board to go pick up my kids daily from the elementary school that was a few hundred yards from our house from 1998-2012. I haven’t been on a skate board in 5+ years but we are avid with the water sports in the summer and snow ski as much as possible in the winter.
IMG_0614.jpeg

Back