SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

June 22, 2012

I received a call from Chan Song, my SPI silver putter instructor from Seemore. Called me from Canada, where is currently playing on the Canadian tour for next three weeks. We chatted for a good 20 minutes telling me little bit about himself and I shared little bit about myself. It turns out that we were in the same place the same time a few years back, he played in Miami in the Junior Orange bowl where he was paired up with Sergio. I was there the same time as the Assistant pro and I remember him in that group. He also played in the Publix Junior when I was at Doral so its a small world.

It was very nice to talk to him and he seems like a very cool guy. I'll be hooking up with him on July 20th when back in the states. He went ahead and got my specs and will be sending me my putter this week. We decided on the M5 34 inches with a midsize grip. we're going to work on any adjustments that we might need on the 20th but I'll be able to roll this for a good three weeks prior to meeting up with him. I'm very much looking forward to this process I'm very excited about the putter that I chose.

Now we had three that we looked at, M3, M5 and the 1CS gunmetal. We went back and forth via e-mail last night and decided on the M5. I should have my putter in hand Thursday or Friday next week and I will be sure to get it out immediately, As well as an unboxing video. What a great process this will be, can't wait!

Great stuff guys, I am excited for each of you and really look forward to following this thread. Hoping to learn a lot from you myself.

June 22, 2012

I received a call from Chan Song, my SPI silver putter instructor from Seemore. Called me from Canada, where is currently playing on the Canadian tour for next three weeks. We chatted for a good 20 minutes telling me little bit about himself and I shared little bit about myself. It turns out that we were in the same place the same time a few years back, he played in Miami in the Junior Orange bowl where he was paired up with Sergio. I was there the same time as the Assistant pro and I remember him in that group. He also played in the Publix Junior when I was at Doral so its a small world.

It was very nice to talk to him and he seems like a very cool guy. I'll be hooking up with him on July 20th when back in the states. He went ahead and got my specs and will be sending me my putter this week. We decided on the M5 34 inches with a midsize grip. we're going to work on any adjustments that we might need on the 20th but I'll be able to roll this for a good three weeks prior to meeting up with him. I'm very much looking forward to this process I'm very excited about the putter that I chose.

Now we had three that we looked at, M3, M5 and the 1CS gunmetal. We went back and forth via e-mail last night and decided on the M5. I should have my putter in hand Thursday or Friday next week and I will be sure to get it out immediately, As well as an unboxing video. What a great process this will be, can't wait!

Nice! Looking forward to it!

Great stuff Freddie! That's a nice looking putter. I really don't think there's a bad looking putter in the whole line. Lots to pick from so I think anyone can find something that will work and suit their eyes.

Great stuff so far guys. There's a lot more to this testing than getting a club shipped to your house.

Freddie, very cool man. Loving the choice of the m5 and that you'll not only be able to get started while he is away but get it all fine tuned when he returns.

So many different scenario's going on in this testing, so very cool to see them all play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have to chime in a bit on this testing, as I own a M series ONEcs gunmetal putter. The thing just rolls so smooth and pure and the RST alignment system flat out works for me. While I still have work to do on my putting, the RST combined with the triangulator has really helped me correct some alignment issues. The feel of this putter has completely spoiled me and I KNOW that you testers will enjoy your M series putters.

Thats awesome Freddie! All the tools that SeeMore is providing to the testers is just amazing, really makes me want to take a trip to Tennessee and get fit!

Came home to a glorious sight.
Spoiler
DSC07512.jpg

I wanted to do an unboxing video, but my wife has the video camera at the lake house and I could not wait. I tore into the box like a kid on Christmas morning, the box was full of awesomeness and fantasticalism.

John, my SPi instructor, recommended the mFGP2 at 34 inches with a Feeltec oversize grip. That was through the phone fitting, but I will be going to their facilities in Franklin, TN for a hands on fitting to see if any adjustments need to be made.

We talked about my typical misses, biggest inconsistency with putts, and measurements (height and distance from knuckles of a clenched fist to floor). We discussed my posture and hand placement also. I am going to get to Franklin soon though, so he and I can get a little more in-depth.

The mFGP and mFGP2 have the largest RST, so that was a big part in the mFGP2 for me....alignment issues being #1. We also discussed the importance of also using a putter (or any club for that matter) that is pleasing to YOUR eye at address and how important that is to confidence before the stroke.

Spoiler
DSC07483.jpg
DSC07487.jpg
DSC07486.jpg
DSC07484.jpg

I haven't had it on the course yet, just opened it, fondled it and started taking pictures. I absolutely love the look and weight of this putter. I love the feel of holding this putter, I can't really describe it, but it feels very balanced in my hands. It will take me a while to get used to the grip, I have been using nothing but SuperStrokes for 6 months (mostly the ultra-slim).

Spoiler
DSC07489.jpg
DSC07493.jpg
DSC07492.jpg

The milled grooves on the face aren't as pronounced as some other makes/models and I like that, at first glance the face looks completely smooth. The gun-metal finish is GREAT looking and has a nice luster to it when the light catches it right, glare will not be an issue at all though.

Spoiler
DSC07502.jpg
DSC07503.jpg
DSC07506.jpg
DSC07507.jpg
DSC07508.jpg
DSC07504.jpg
DSC07505.jpg

The RST on the mFGP2 is one of the larger ones and part of the reason this putter was thought to be a good fit for me. Another thing helping with this one are the three sight lines, addressing the ball is instantly more confidence inspiring than my current gamer. The ball is framed nicely and not noticing the face (same color as the rest of it) helps me not try adjusting and messing with its proper loft.

This is my first non-insert putter and also my first milled one. Rolling it on the carpet, and a little green runner I have, was fantastic. I'm surprised at how "soft" the sound is when stroked well, you can tell just by the sound when you caught the ball off-center. Even when it comes a little off the toe or heel it rolls S T R A I G H T and holds the same speed pretty well. The true test will be on the course though and it will be Monday or Tuesday for that, but I am going to at least get it to a practice green sooner.

I almost forgot to add: If there is a single thing I don't like about the putter it will be in the review. The truth is though, there isn't a single thing I have found with this putter to not totally love and I suspect that won't change......except for the headcover. I'm going to have to get a THP cover for it! :D

Last edited:
That is a GORGEOUS putter, MG!!!!

That it is, sir...that it is. It's also the first putter I have had that "buttery feel" best describes.

It is the same kind of feel I get from my ONEcs. So smooth when struck in the center.

More Gooder: glad to see this in hand already and INCREDIBLE pics. That is a gorgeous putter and one that I have had my eye on as of late.

Freddie: glad to hear that your putter will be in your hands shortly. You and I have had similar preferences with putters so I am really looking forward to hearing what this does for you.

Said it before and will say it again: I am pumped for you guys, incredible start by each of you, and I am envious!

Wow MG, that is a beautiful putter and that was fast!

Freddie and More Gooder, can you give us a little insight into how you selected the models you chose? Both of you basically said, "After talking with my instructor, we settled on the ******* model". How about some details? What did you discuss that made your model seem like the right choice?

Freddie and More Gooder, can you give us a little insight into how you selected the models you chose? Both of you basically said, "After talking with my instructor, we settled on the ******* model". How about some details? What did you discuss that made your model seem like the right choice?

Fail on my part, how did I forget that!?!

We talked about my typical misses, biggest inconsistency with putts, and measurements (height and distance from knuckles of a clenched fist to floor). We discussed my posture and hand placement also. I am going to get to Franklin soon though, so he and I can get a little more in-depth.

The mFGP and mFGP2 have the largest RST, so that was a big part in the mFGP2 for me....alignment issues being #1. We also discussed the importance of also using a putter (or any club for that matter) that is pleasing to YOUR eye at address and how important that is to confidence before the stroke.

That is a great looking putter. I really like the black putters.

Good stuff MG, cool that you got it so soon.

Whilst I am still waiting to do the phone fitting, I went and tried the online static fitting on the site posted by Jman http://www.seemore.com/fitting/

I figured I'd post my results here to compare with the phone fitting.

Height: 5' 10"

Knuckle to floor: 31"

Rounded stance

low hands

Results:

Spoiler
Your optimum SeeMore putter configuration

Length:33.5 inches
Lie:68 degrees

I'm thinking the phone fitting will be more in depth, but we'll see.

Nice update and pics MG, that putter is a beauty. I know you will enjoy it.

That is a beautiful putter M.G. I've got exactly the same one except for the grip.

M.G. your putter looks awesome dude, congrats on getting it already. Really looking forward to your thoughts on it. Tell me a little more about this grip. Is it midsize or jumbo like? One thing Ive completely gone away from are standard putter grips so Im curious here.

Last edited:
Nice putter MG! Can't believe you got yours already. That was so quick I feel so behind lol. Hoping my instructor hits me up Monday so i can get this started.

Great intros by everyone who has put one us so far! I think it is fantastic to see the different variations in how the fitting is being done, etc. It will be very interesting to see how everything plays out for all of the testers. This review thread has infinite potential, IMO.

MG, great write up there sir, and awesome pictures! That putter is beautiful...and that is coming from someone who has never really been a fan of SeeMore putters. It's sexy, for sure. Looking forward to your thoughts once you are able to get it out on some grass, dude!

MG that is one fantastic looking flat stick. Very nice choice there. Looking forward to everyines thoughts on these. Great job so far by all.

Tell me a little more about this grip. Is in midsize or jumbo like? One thing Ive completely gone away from are standard putter grips so Im curious here.

I'll be interested in hearing about this as well. I need to lengthen my putter to 35.5" or 36" per the SeeMore fitting tool, and I was looking at the Jumbo FeelTec on their website the other day.

Since I've been playing with standard size grips, I wonder about losing the feel of the putter head with the bigger grip.

Back