Seattle Area courses

Another bump for some Seattle golfer advice. I'm rolling down from Bellingham to play a round with my buddy, and we're currently considering Newcastle. My question is:

1) How much better is Coal Creek than China Creek? I know it's a tougher course, but is it a BETTER course? Neither of us are rockstar golfers (I'm a 15hdcp, he's above a 20), so we don't need to play the harder course just because.
2) Also open to any suggestions of other courses in the area if you believe we are missing a better option. I've heard about Redmond Ridge mostly from this thread, but that's about it.

Thanks for any help, folks!

Another bump for some Seattle golfer advice. I'm rolling down from Bellingham to play a round with my buddy, and we're currently considering Newcastle. My question is:

1) How much better is Coal Creek than China Creek? I know it's a tougher course, but is it a BETTER course? Neither of us are rockstar golfers (I'm a 15hdcp, he's above a 20), so we don't need to play the harder course just because.
2) Also open to any suggestions of other courses in the area if you believe we are missing a better option. I've heard about Redmond Ridge mostly from this thread, but that's about it.

Thanks for any help, folks!

Bump for the afternoon crowd, can anyone shed some light?

Bump for the afternoon crowd, can anyone shed some light?

Super late but for future reference, my friends and I agree that China is the better course.

Riverbend is a great muni in Kent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super late but for future reference, my friends and I agree that China is the better course.

Riverbend is a great muni in Kent.

Thanks man. We ended up playing China Creek and were not disappointed! Plenty of difficulty to make you think, but not so much as to beat you over the head with it. And views were spectacular!

Drove by Riverbend a few weeks back, definitely looked like a pretty solid little muni. Wouldn't mind checking that out sometime.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Has anyone played Trophy Lake? I'm scheduled to play it this fall in an outing. It's a John Fought design.

I'm headed to Seattle in September, and will have 3-4 days free while my wife attends a conference before heading over to Mt Ranier for a few more days.

I'm trying to figure out how to manage my golf itinerary. I'd like to play 2-3 times, from Friday through Monday.

We don't plan on renting a car while we are in Seattle, preferring to do some walking and grab an Uber from time to time. We're staying at the Grand Hyatt, so that shouldn't be difficult. Also they charge like $40 a day to park so that just doesn't make sense.

With that plan, is it feasible to take any public transportation or Uber etc. to get to Chambers or over to Bremerton area? I will likely be bringing my own clubs.

Any other courses closer that are worth checking out with limited opportunities?

I'm headed to Seattle in September, and will have 3-4 days free while my wife attends a conference before heading over to Mt Ranier for a few more days.

I'm trying to figure out how to manage my golf itinerary. I'd like to play 2-3 times, from Friday through Monday.

We don't plan on renting a car while we are in Seattle, preferring to do some walking and grab an Uber from time to time. We're staying at the Grand Hyatt, so that shouldn't be difficult. Also they charge like $40 a day to park so that just doesn't make sense.

With that plan, is it feasible to take any public transportation or Uber etc. to get to Chambers or over to Bremerton area? I will likely be bringing my own clubs.

Any other courses closer that are worth checking out with limited opportunities?

Hey man! You're picking a great time to visit Seattle, September is typically still absolutely primo weather.

Without a car, you're probably going to need to take a bus down to Tacoma (about an hour and 15 in theory) and then Uber or taxi from there to Chambers (probably another 15-20 minutes). Kind of a pain, but you could do it. For Bremerton, there's a ferry that goes direct from Seattle to Bremerton, and then you could Uber/taxi to Gold Mountain or whatever other course, which would take around the same amount of time.

There are definitely some good tracks closer to Seattle you could check out as well. Washington National and Newcastle are great tracks on the east side of Lake Washington that should be fairly easy to get to. I find Newcastle a little overpriced, but if you can find a deal it's a nice course. People also rave about Redmond Ridge and Harbour Pointe which are up on the north side. Lots of courses around, just take a look and see what looks good!

Still have memories playing Sahalee there last year. Such a wonderful course.

We decided to go ahead and rent a car for the week since we will need one for the second half of the trip anyhow.

I'm planning on at least one full day (maybe 36 out at Gold Mountain?) and possible one other round. I'd really like to play a "mountain course" since I don't have that kind of opportunity back home. Anything out east of the city within a reasonable drive, say 90 minutes or less where I could find something like that?

Back