Scotty Cameron Club Membership / Cameron Creations

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
Handicap
I have to admit that I love the accessories that Scotty Cameron makes, the putting cup he included with the club membership this year is very cool. This was the first year that I've joined the club with the intention of buying some of the stuff he makes throughout the year. As it turns out however, the whole club process does not serve its members well, but rather, allows a few members to buy everything up and then mark it up 300% to 400% and flip it on eBay.

Is it unreasonable to expect to be able to buy the stuff offered throughout the year after laying out $100 for membership? I don't think so.

Yesterday i played golf, I came home and checked my email and saw the email with all his new Masters stuff for 2012, shirts, headcovers, a VERY nice bank bag with a nice ball marker coin - but when I tried to buy the stuff it was all gone - EVERYTHING. When I got to eBay, there are several dealers that have everything, some with multiple items in stock. One dealer has ALl the headcovers, marked up from $72 to $479....

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing is a SHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FB

wow, what a shame it resorts to that

I've decided to dump the stuff I've collected over the last couple of years, this whole thing is really a turn off....

What would be a better process? To limit the number of items each member can purchase?

It does seem silly, but if it's first come first serve, I have a hard time saying its unreasonable.. Do they have specific release times that you can be by the computer waiting like everyone else?

Tapatalking from my iPhone

I think if they have 1000 members, then they should make 1000 head covers and give us 24 hours notice to purchase the headcover.

What would be a better process? To limit the number of items each member can purchase?

It does seem silly, but if it's first come first serve, I have a hard time saying its unreasonable.. Do they have specific release times that you can be by the computer waiting like everyone else?

No, you don't know when the email is coming out....

They really should have a limit on purchases at least. That's pretty shoddy management.

I think if they have 1000 members, then they should make 1000 head covers and give us 24 hours notice to purchase the headcover.

I would be shocked if their stock of limited run covers or putters were anywhere close to their membership, but I am just speculating..

I can understand your frustration, I'm just not surprised at all at the way they function. Give it a few months and I think the chance of you nabbing a cover close to the SC cost is pretty good.

I really like SC putters. I hate his fan base, but I like his putters. That being said, every time I hear a SC sucks story, I smile just a bit.

I really like SC putters. I hate his fan base, but I like his putters. That being said, every time I hear a SC sucks story, I smile just a bit.

You know I disagree on the first, but I do respect people rolling what they like. That said, on the last part I agree completely, and stories like this are exactly why I have so much disdain for the man and the way he does things, its why I my be one of the absolute biggest putter ho's around, but I have never nor will I ever own a scooter.

You know I disagree on the first, but I do respect people rolling what they like. That said, on the last part I agree completely, and stories like this are exactly why I have so much disdain for the man and the way he does things, its why I my be one of the absolute biggest putter ho's around, but I have never nor will I ever own a scooter.

Yeah, the difference is that we can have a civil disagreement and neither of us really care in the end ya know?

I TOTALLY agree with you. I have a new 34" California Sonoma with 20 gram weights that is insane. But in terms of the colletable craze, I came to a pretty strong realization this week. I looked through eBay sales going back 3 months and I noticed things that were VERY old and VERY limited that were not selling (for example: an original Laguna 1/500 from 1995 still in shrink-wrap - that got no interest). Now, if a putter is limited to 500 and is nearly 20 years old and is not selling (it was listed @ $450) then this is a good indication that this stuff will not appreciate. I also saw a huge collection of head covers that went for around $65 each (less than what he sells them for - which is typically $72). Finally, I saw TONS of "Circle T" stuff, signafying "Tour Only" stuff that goes for several hundred dollars...bottom line, the stuff the public gets does not hold its value...hence my decision to dump all the stuff I've collected, which I'm selling in disgust...

Disclaimer: read my bio, I'm an unabashed free market capitalist, so I have no problem with markups and profit, but I don't like it when consumers get duped or gouged. Scotty's membership should come with a disclaimer, saying you'll probably not be able to buy any of my creations because they are gone within a few minutes

Yeah, the difference is that we can have a civil disagreement and neither of us really care in the end ya know?

Yessir. No need for either of just to get childish about it like so many do.

Unless some says they are the end all be all best ever made, then I drop putter knowledge. hehehehe

Yessir. No need for either of just to get childish about it like so many do.

Unless some says they are the end all be all best ever made, then I drop putter knowledge. hehehehe

yeah. I will slide in some things that most people don't know. Someone asked me about my Bettinardi the other week and I told him that Bettinardi used to mill the Scotty he was playing. I also drop in that he uses a fantastic company to mill his putters. This makes me a DBag, but sometimes I just can't hold back haha. But I do ask if I can roll their putter and compliment them on how beautiful it is.

I absolutely agree with you guys on the SC collectables and after buying a few covers last year I decided that I wasn't going to get into it.. Especially for covers that break down pretty quickly when used.

That said, I love his putters and happily own and roll two of them.. If he wants to treat his membership the way he does I suppose that's his choice, and considering the non-educated SC craze, I suppose he won't struggle any time soon. I'm just not going to pay into it personally.

The putting cup he made this year is amazing, if you miss the putt left or right it rolls around the edge and partially returns it to you, if you hit the putt perfectly, it stays in the center of the cup, if you hit it too firm, it rolls off the back, letting you know the speed was wrong....

My new philosophy with SC gear is that I only buy stuff I'll use...no more collecting.....

FB

This is tough because it's unclear how many actual members there are. His site says thousands. As a club member they never promise you'll get everything- they just promise four items off the top and an opportunity to pick up limited runs before the public. If they made one for every member for every release then the market would be super saturated and the name Cameron would loose its exclusiveness and perceived value.

This is tough because it's unclear how many actual members there are. His site says thousands. As a club member they never promise you'll get everything- they just promise four items off the top and an opportunity to pick up limited runs before the public. If they made one for every member for every release then the market would be super saturated and the name Cameron would loose its exclusiveness and perceived value.

The "opportunity" to buy is an email announcing that the store has new items. They load the items in the store for the entire public, but send you an email telling you that new items have been loaded, if the public is watching, then they can quickly buy up everything before members. The point is, the market IS saturated, go to eBay and search on "Cameron Headcovers" and you'll see a massive inventory, all marked up 100% to 400%, held by people that have no interest in collating or using the stuff, they just want to hoard and gouge...

Also, how do people on eBay already have multiple items for sale of the same item in stock? That's what I don't get.....one dealer in particular had every item up for sale....he's got the head covers marked up to $479!!!!!! They were just announced yesterday????

The "opportunity" to buy is an email announcing that the store has new items. They load the items in the store for the entire public, but send you an email telling you that new items have been loaded, if the public is watching, then they can quickly buy up everything before members. The point is, the market IS saturated, go to eBay and search on "Cameron Headcovers" and you'll see a massive inventory, all marked up 100% to 400%, held by people that have no interest in collating or using the stuff, they just want to hoard and gouge...

Also, how do people on eBay already have multiple items for sale of the same item in stock? That's what I don't get.....one dealer in particular had every item up for sale....he's got the head covers marked up to $479!!!!!! They were just announced yesterday????

guessing he is selling them without having them in hand, must have bought a bunch all at once time and will have some sold before he actually even gets them

I've not really been a Scotty Cameron guy recently, but I have to say, their recent club cameron offerings are pretty sweet..

Under 100 bucks gets you into Club Cameron and allows you to buy stuff on their site and get a chance at their limited release stuff.. I'm not really into it the way some are, but this years kit has a belt buckle, headcover, lapel pin, and sticker... Not a great deal if you're just in it for that, but easily the best offering I've seen them provide..

3731.1_5F00_2013ClubCameronMemberKit.jpg

I've not really been a Scotty Cameron guy recently, but I have to say, their recent club cameron offerings are pretty sweet..

Under 100 bucks gets you into Club Cameron and allows you to buy stuff on their site and get a chance at their limited release stuff.. I'm not really into it the way some are, but this years kit has a belt buckle, headcover, lapel pin, and sticker... Not a great deal if you're just in it for that, but easily the best offering I've seen them provide..

3731.1_5F00_2013ClubCameronMemberKit.jpg

I've pondered joining to see what it is all about. I don't care what anyone says, The Scotty Dog is a cool logo and I would love to have one of those buckles.

I've pondered joining to see what it is all about. I don't care what anyone says, The Scotty Dog is a cool logo and I would love to have one of those buckles.

I liked the putting cup they did last year, but this is the first one I thought "wow, I love that!!!"

Totally agreed with you man. That's a great collector for even non-Scotty'ers.

I like the dog a lot.. I just couldnt justify $100 bucks then paying whatever the heck that buckle would cost.. probably a lot

I like the dog a lot.. I just couldnt justify $100 bucks then paying whatever the heck that buckle would cost.. probably a lot

The buckle is included in the member pack I think. You receive everything listed with your initiation

You sign up for Club Cameron yearly and are given a 'kit' which is what that picture is showing buddy. That's what the 93 dollars gives you (plus the ability to buy on the site).

Back