Sayings in your area

Bumping this because of talk in the banter thread tonight.

Warning Language:

These guys are from PEI, but the island I grew up on had pretty muh the same style of slang. Basically I know exactly what they mean.

[video=youtube;32-TKZsBGZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-TKZsBGZs[/video]

Man, it's been hard enough trying to learn THP speak. Now you want me to learn the rest of the world too?

This is pretty accurate for Chicago northsiders. ***language warning***

Here in my part of the Ottawa Valley, it's g'day. Imagine your worst stereotypical Australian g'day, and that's about it. Pretty much wipes the floor with Hello here.

Jack, is it 'rate' like 'right' but mispronounced? I know people who do that.

My family is from Cape Breton, and I am amused by them because they pronounce their h's 'haych'

Hawk... too funny! We do "warsh" here too. Another sayings I have, to describe the temperature, "It's colder than a witch's t*t in a brass bra!" My wife hates that one with a passion, but I swear she's half witch at times. Anyone else refer to the bathroom as the "head"??? KCM

Hawk... too funny! We do "warsh" here too. Another sayings I have, to describe the temperature, "It's colder than a witch's t*t in a brass bra!" My wife hates that one with a passion, but I swear she's half witch at times. Anyone else refer to the bathroom as the "head"??? KCM
I might call it "The John" or "The Library."

Back