Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Skimmed through the comments on the homepage. Not many of us that voted for Team Euro :p

HAHA at the crowd chanting "There's only one Ian Poulter".

If given the option to slap one person in the world, it would be IJP. He bothers me.

I don't think this is DL3's fault at all. This thing turned out to be close and things just didn't go the US way. Heck the furyk lip out on 16, the stricker lip out on 17. Heck you could even look back to the 18th yesterday with a stricker lip out. It was a great event, and in the end the US came up short. Fantastic event for golf.

Well that was an exciting day of golf. Wish the US wouldn't have choked like they did. Couldn't have asked for much better of a finish having it come down like it did though. Great tournament!

If given the option to slap one person in the world, it would be IJP. He bothers me.

Can I line up the 8 US losses today and make it one big group slap? I've run out of vocab words today.

Still getting over the shock of how bad stricker played. I have liked the guy for awhile but there is no excuse for playing that bad over 3 days. While the Europeans played great in the singles matches, I still think the American squad should have gotten 4.5 points. Oh well. Another long two year wait to try and get it back.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Can I line up the 8 US losses today and make it one big group slap? I've run out of vocab words today.

if it's a bridgeslap, yes

I don't think this is DL3's fault at all. This thing turned out to be close and things just didn't go the US way. Heck the furyk lip out on 16, the stricker lip out on 17. Heck you could even look back to the 18th yesterday with a stricker lip out. It was a great event, and in the end the US came up short. Fantastic event for golf.

Well said, Dean.

Still getting over the shock of how bad stricker played. I have liked the guy for awhile but there is no excuse for playing that bad over 3 days. While the Europeans played great in the singles matches, I still think the American squad should have gotten 4.5 points. Oh well. Another long two year wait to try and get it back.

Seriously. Tappin'.

No kidding. I don't want to sound like a Tiger apologist but he played some pretty darn good golf after the first morning session. Stricker was beyond useless. Every day.

Losing to Kaymer??

I think Woods and Mickelson are still around in two years. Definitely. Keegan, Dufner and Simpson are very likely as well.

Tiger
Phil
Keegan
Dufner
Simpson
Zach Johnson
Dustin Johnson
Matt Kuchar
Hunter Mahan
Rickie Fowler
Kyle Stanley
Patrick Cantlay

Calling it now! The 2014 US Ryder Cup team.

Meh. Don't know about Stanley or Cantlay. I would put Sneds and BVP in those slots. Stanley could earn it if he learns to putt.

Goes to show how unimportant golf is in America at the moment. No heart or inspiration from this team on Sunday, how could that happen? We need a new breed of golfers in the US that have enthusiasm, athleticism, and heart, and sadly it wont happen anytime soon. There needs to be some ways to bring more athletes in golf in America, but with so many sports dominating the ones that have the athletes, how can we do that?

I agree. I really don't look at it as Europe taking it from US. The US honestly just didn't care enough. There are a few who care (Bradley, Watson, etc), but as team we were lacking. I don't athleticism was a factor though. I believe Fowler and Mahan would've wiped the floor with some of those guys.

Should've went Tiger/Kuchar after that awful first morning session.

I'm pretty sure everyone on my flight thinks I'm a crazy person. I was fist pumping and yelling like a crazy person.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I can't say he isn't clutch, pretty sure no one here has experienced a sliver of that kind of pressure golfing before

I'm pretty sure everyone on my flight thinks I'm a crazy person. I was fist pumping and yelling like a crazy person.

EF them you fist pump away buddy, fist pump your heart out

Meh. Don't know about Stanley or Cantlay. I would put Sneds and BVP in those slots. Stanley could earn it if he learns to putt.

Meh. Sneds just mailed it in today. BVP is 37.

I just had this amazing nightmare that the European team actually came back to win the Ryder Cup on our turf in Chicago. What a horrible situation it was. Man I'm glad that was just a dream and it really didn't happen.

Funny to see people bag on DLIII's strategy, had the players played just a little bit better, DLIII would be a genius for it.

Hats off to the Euro squad for doing what it took to win the cup

I agree. I really don't look at it as Europe taking it from US. The US honestly just didn't care enough. There are a few who care (Bradley, Watson, etc), but as team we were lacking. I don't athleticism was a factor though. I believe Fowler and Mahan would've wiped the floor with some of those guys.

The Euro team always seem to have a good team vibe, more so than USA and I wonder if that helps them to get the sort of momentum that they had today.

No kidding. I don't want to sound like a Tiger apologist but he played some pretty darn good golf after the first morning session. Stricker was beyond useless. Every day.

Losing to Kaymer??

Earlier in the thread I asked if anyone on the Americans would have gotten a single point had they been paired with Stricker for 3 sessions. So far, no one's been able to come up with anyone. People just like to bash Tiger anytime they can. But I'm not blaming Stricker or any one individual on the US team. You win as a team, you lose as a team. This week, Europe was the better team and that's why they won.

Hey Esox Sneads knows who P Laurie is.

If this drops, take a shot everytime seve is mentioned. Drunk in 3 minutes.

No disrespect to anyone but that is pretty funny!

Back