Rory NOT returning to Policy Board

MGoBlue

2021 Titleist Experience!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

For whatever reason, this surprised me

Not shocked at all, he’s made himself a lightning rod.

Shocked Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Good for him - Full Swing really made it seem like he was doing 'too much' outside of playing golf.

Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

Good! He's far out there in terms of being able to represent all the players he's supposed to represent.... Kinda like most U.S. politicians I guess.

For some reason?
Ha! I laughed pretty hard at the "for some reason".

I just read the undercover caddie article in the latest golf digest. He talked about a practice round with one of the influential guys on this committee (I think) and the caddies were just rolling their eyes at this unnamed golfer rambling for three holes about how all these changes were for the better. I can't remember the other caddy's comment at the end of the round, but it was something to the effect of "these elites are so isolated in their own world they can't see nobody wants to hear them whining about money". I have certainly butchered the quote, but he seemed to hit the nail on the head that viewers are getting tired of the golf elites/wealthy whining about getting more wealthy.

Rory was the first that came to my mind when he talked about this unnamed golfer.

I wouldn't be surprised now that he has found out that he wasn't really "wanted" back on the board for whatever reason, he is probably happen to be done with it. I believe his intent at going back was with good intentions but he offered, got rejected so life moves on.

Not really a Rory fan, but this seems to be a well thought out decision on his part. Not one his usual shoot from the hip remarks. Good for him.

To me, recently his (new)views on the LIV tour, and Ryder Cup rule changes didnt seem like they would collide very well with the current policy board members.

I would not be surprised, although far fetched, that a jump to the LIV tour is in his future plans.

Appears he is not returning to his married life either.
Not surprising for tour pros. But it is sad..

Interesting he is the one who filed. There will be tons of speculation but I wonder what the truth is..

Appears he is not returning to his married life either.
Perhaps she’s pissed that he turned down nine figures from LIV.

Perhaps she’s pissed that he turned down nine figures from LIV.
I think he's financially well off at this point. He didn't even make it to the wedding part the first time around...

Unfortunate mostly for their daughter.

He took a lot of money from Jay to be the tour's boy. Now that the players kind of have the upper hand in the nego's i'm sure many of them don't want him back on the board pretending to be one of them.

Back