Road Sign Question

They create more traffic conflicts than they solve, and I hate having to go in half circles every 1/4 mile to go in a straight line. People don't understand the concept of "yield", and they're already having enough trouble negotiating the circle without also having to look for other cars entering the roundabout, it just creates a s**tshow. Think of how stupid the average person is, then consider that means half the people are even stupider than that. And those people are driving! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The design of the road, including not only number of lanes, but width of lanes, is way more impactful for speed control than speed limit signs ever will be.

You will go slower on a 4 lane road with a trees on each side right behind a curb and 10’ lanes than a 4 lane road with 12’ lanes and a four foot paved edge of road and then another 15’ of graded smooth grass like alongside a highway.
…. did we just agree on something? 😳

I hate tem because there is nowhere to put the snow when plowing them. Its cant go into the middle and cause visibility issues. It cant go to the outside where the roads are all entering, it has to be dragged down the adjoining roads and each one takes forever to properly clear.

I hate tem because there is nowhere to put the snow when plowing them. Its cant go into the middle and cause visibility issues. It cant go to the outside where the roads are all entering, it has to be dragged down the adjoining roads and each one takes forever to properly clear.
I had never heard that consideration before but makes a ton of sense.

The design of the road, including not only number of lanes, but width of lanes, is way more impactful for speed control than speed limit signs ever will be.

You will go slower on a 4 lane road with a trees on each side right behind a curb and 10’ lanes than a 4 lane road with 12’ lanes and a four foot paved edge of road and then another 15’ of graded smooth grass like alongside a highway.
” traffic calming” by far and away the best solution.
Slower traffic means drivers can safely drive closer which ironically lets more car volume through. Safely.

Back