CONTEST rlew’s 5K post giveaway: Dormie #TeamSrixon headcover

rlew

Regulators, 2023 Budget Golf Championship #MountUp
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone!

So THP has been very good to me in many ways and I recently passed 5K posts and was looking for a way to do something fun with it.

I was lucky enough to win this Dormie #TeamSrixon driver headcover and would like to pay it forward to somebody here.

1.Be an Albatross Club member (but seriously, why wouldn’t you be already?)

2. Post in this thread any little thing about putting (since I’m going through a total reset on the greens due to my terrible work there) — a pic of a ball marker you like, a story of a lesson that helped you, what helps you read the greens, what are you trying to do with the stroke, what grip works for you, what mental thoughts are helpful, your best career putt or a crushing miss as a story, a legendary PGA Tour putt that you love as a fan of the game — anything at all related to putting.

I’ll choose a winner with a random number generator and get the address next week. IMG_5178.jpegIMG_5179.jpeg

This is a ridiculous giveaway! @rlew bringing the heat! If I get fit into a Srixon driver Friday, I will definitely be entering this contest.

awesome gesture!

One of the more interesting things I read about putting years ago was ideal tempo ratio of length of time for back swing to length of time for the forward stroke is 2:1 (so the back stroke takes twice as long as the forward stroke).

Not an entry, but wanted to drop in and say congrats on the milestone!

Cool contest.

Whew buddy, where to start. I have a 15 page thread lamenting about my putting. It might be a tad bit irresponsible me to offer any advice :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But I’ve been on a roll lately so here goes. There have been a few things that have changed my mindset. I switched to a plumber neck, I’m testing a KBS GPS that I’ve fallen in love with, and those two things have increased my confidence tenfold. I genuinely feel like I’m going to hole everything inside 10ft ( and did today).

That’s a really long-winded way of saying have confidence. Fake it till you make it.

Nice gesture, thanks for that! Cool headcover too.

my tip is to try out the Gravity Grip. Since I’ve put it on my HB Soft Milled 10.5c All In, I’ve dropped my putts per round average to under 30 for the first time in my life. The thing is magic and really works.

Great gesture here sir.
Good luck to those entering.

Dang, super cool and generous contest.

Two things I've done to significantly improve my clean up putting. Grip lead hand a bit firmer and raise hands a touch.

Awesome give away.

My advice is don’t be afraid to try something different. I have putted standard, left hand low, used the claw, belly putter, midlock and a long putter. Don’t be afraid to try non-standard approaches to putt better.

This is awesome. I'd say for putting I remember equal stroke back and forward, and 2 I'm really terrible at putting.

Insane giveaway man!!

I heard someone once say (I believe it was Phil) that when facing tough lag putts you just think of a 3 foot circle around the hole and try to leave ball somewhere inside. I think of it every time I lag and it has cut down my 3 putts greatly.

This is an awesome giveaway, thanks for the opportunity and congrats on the milestone! I got a putting lesson (finally) a few weeks ago focusing on stroke first, and a few weeks from now we are doing a follow-up on green reading and building a routine. One big thing I took away from the lesson was doing some mirror work and seeing the difference in changing my eye position over the ball made. I had been overtop/just behind, and putting my eyeline forward over the ball has made a big difference.

Congrats on the milestone!!!:drinks:

Congrats and very nice pay it forward with the contest

Not an entry but just wanted to say I’m pumped you’re around @rlew ! Hell of a thing to do!

Awesome contest!

I have two tips… first is to get a repeatable and consistent pre-putt routine. This helps me especially on the putts that I “expect” to make. Lastly, make putting practice fun. I like to make a challenge to myself like I can’t leave until I make X number of putts in a row or something like that.

Also, having the LAB has truly helped out my putting. I’m not going to sit here and say that the LAB has shaved 10 strokes off of my game, but virtually every putting stat of mine has improved since I’ve had the putter in the bag.

Amazing contest!

I recently switched to the claw grip. Noticed it helps keep the ball on line as long as I bow out my left arm. I think it looks a little stupid, but I'll look stupid if it helps.

Great contest @rlew and good luck to those entering!!

This a top notch giveaway!! Congratulations on the milestone and good luck to all the entrants.

Putting arch really helps me any time I start putting bad

Congrats on the 5k and thanks for doing this 👊. For me, the best piece of advice I’ve received with putting is that when you address your putt, if you were to drop a golf ball from your eyes it should land on your ball. This really helped me with alignment and visualizing where my putt is going.

Congrats
Yes Albatross
For me to get correct distance was same speed swing and same distance back and forward. Increase back and forward for more distance.

Always try and be confident over the putt no matter what.

Sweet contest! Thanks (y)

I've been putting so much better ever since I put on the Garsen Ultimate grip. It feels so good in my hands. For whatever reason, it puts my hands in the right position so they don't break down & I really feel I can stroke the ball vs hitting it. If I can just get my speed down on faster greens, I'll be golden :p

Ultimate.jpg

Back