Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Oh I've used it now. It's really simple. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done well. Thought I posted some screen caps of it.
I probably missed it. THings have been nuts lately with the house starting and navy and work.

1000057896.jpg

New Beta in testing that should roll out to the rest still hopefully. Sounds good on the surface.

Would really like to them to fix the spin into the green algorithm so things will actually hold. Doesn't like like it'll be in this one thin.

If I hear that the connection issues are fixed, then I have no reason not to buy this. Been wanting to practice all winter.

Anyone have issues with camera stream not loading? I've unistalled app and pushed firmware update but nothing is working.

Anyone have issues with camera stream not loading? I've unistalled app and pushed firmware update but nothing is working.
The 1st time I had mine out I did. A couple of things I did for my 2nd use was to make sure I had a good wifi connection to my home wifi network. The second glitch I found was the sound being on in the software and my phone on silent caused the software to have issues. Taking my phone off of silent the software ran better. Also having the sound on it give an audible cue that the swing was recognized.

The 1st time I had mine out I did. A couple of things I did for my 2nd use was to make sure I had a good wifi connection to my home wifi network. The second glitch I found was the sound being on in the software and my phone on silent caused the software to have issues. Taking my phone off of silent the software ran better. Also having the sound on it give an audible cue that the swing was recognized.
I've been using it just fine for about a month or two but just recently I couldn't see the picture. I do direct connect because everytime I try to do the local wifi connect it fails. Phone isn't on silent either

Oh I've used it now. It's really simple. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done well. Thought I posted some screen caps of it.

TLDR...i assume you''ve taken it out on the course with you at some point? i'd like to camp out on a few holes later in the day and just practice with this

TLDR...i assume you''ve taken it out on the course with you at some point? i'd like to camp out on a few holes later in the day and just practice with this
Yeah it's not that hard once you're good and fast at setting it up. It's a step up from general range balls if you're using yours obviously. In terms of sleep and launch at least. But you have to hit dot balls to get the full picture still.

I'm really enjoying the Rapsodo, but I gotta admit the firmware updates have been kind of annoying. The fact that I cant' use the thing until I do an update is sort of insane. Not sure why I can't just keep using it and do the update later.

Maybe it's just the specific update that I was trying, but it really bums you out when you're in a place with no internet connection and you can't use your device.

Used it at the range yesterday. It's a good device. It's great it can do the things that it can at home and still easily be taken to the range.

It does kind of kill me that the people that write all these software updates obviously know nothing about golf. I guess I get that. But the fact that it's consistently not even checked for making golf sense by someone who does just blows my mind. It's a golf product after all.

So I'm there with clubs I haven't used with it before. Irons, specifically. I'm like YAY I can add all of these at once now instead of individually. Except when I go to do that it lets you do 4-9. NINE. And I'm like okay whatever I'll add the wedge. Except when you go to the wedges it only has wedge specific wedges for that brand. Not set wedges. So you're screwed, aaaand you've lost me. I just don't get how things like that get missed with every new and exciting update.

Used it at the range yesterday. It's a good device. It's great it can do the things that it can at home and still easily be taken to the range.

It does kind of kill me that the people that write all these software updates obviously know nothing about golf. I guess I get that. But the fact that it's consistently not even checked for making golf sense by someone who does just blows my mind. It's a golf product after all.

So I'm there with clubs I haven't used with it before. Irons, specifically. I'm like YAY I can add all of these at once now instead of individually. Except when I go to do that it lets you do 4-9. NINE. And I'm like okay whatever I'll add the wedge. Except when you go to the wedges it only has wedge specific wedges for that brand. Not set wedges. So you're screwed, aaaand you've lost me. I just don't get how things like that get missed with every new and exciting update.
it's crazy the things they seem to waste a lot of time and effort on, and it's just bad.

I'm really enjoying the Rapsodo, but I gotta admit the firmware updates have been kind of annoying. The fact that I cant' use the thing until I do an update is sort of insane. Not sure why I can't just keep using it and do the update later.

Maybe it's just the specific update that I was trying, but it really bums you out when you're in a place with no internet connection and you can't use your device.

This annoys me the most. Almost as much as every update that comes down & it doesn't do anything new afterwards. Add an additional driver, so I can compare the two at a time. How hard can that be? :unsure: So now I just change it to the 3W on the 2nd go round, but that just screws with my averages. :banghead:

It appears, whomever is writing user stories for the development team is not familiar with golf. Cannot expect developers to be golfers - but the product manager should be meeting with the team to ensure the user stories, which are used by the programmers, make sense for the product and its intended use.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It appears, whomever is writing user stories for the development team is not familiar with golf. Cannot expect developers to be golfers - but the product manager should be meeting with the team to ensure the user stories, which are used by the programmers, make sense for the product and its intended use.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As a developer and golfer I think a lot of the decisions that they are making probably do make sense and actually work fine for the vast majority of golfers. Most normal people who golf are going to have 1 set with 14 clubs and those don’t change all that often. So for them club management is a once every 3-5 years thing when they upgrade their bags.

People here are golf nuts and equipment tinkerers who do things like have a variety of more than 14 clubs in rotation in their bags or want to be able to do head to head testing of shafts or settings and the idea of being limited to 14 clubs is insanity.

Now us weirdos are the most likely to buy launch monitors so they should probably take into consideration what is fringe lunatics want.

I've found this to be very valuable on cloudy days at the range where my old eyes can't see where the balls are going. It can be frustrating to hit one well and not see it at all but with the mlm2pro I can see the shape and trust the flight

Installed the new updates.. a couple days ago when they came out. Took two tries to initially get connected after, but it seemed stable. Still can't add a set PW. I didn't try any of the 3rd party apps that are supposed to run better on this update.

I am having a hard time with the Rapsodo MLM my dear wife bought for my birthday. I did set it up and tried to use it and it worked, but I could not get the GPS to get the direction I was hitting towards. Then for some reason I cannot get it to synch with my phone! I am not a totally stupid person as I actually flew jet aircraft solo in my younger days!! The lack of detailed, checklist style instructions really make me think that if we trained pilots this way today most of them would be dead!!! The support is via text only!! Help!!!!

I am having a hard time with the Rapsodo MLM my dear wife bought for my birthday. I did set it up and tried to use it and it worked, but I could not get the GPS to get the direction I was hitting towards. Then for some reason I cannot get it to synch with my phone! I am not a totally stupid person as I actually flew jet aircraft solo in my younger days!! The lack of detailed, checklist style instructions really make me think that if we trained pilots this way today most of them would be dead!!! The support is via text only!! Help!!!!
Plenty of people here that have experience.

Maybe give a run down of what steps you are failing on and which device(s), location, type of connection, etc., to start

Plenty of people here that have experience.

Maybe give a run down of what steps you are failing on and which device(s), location, type of connection, etc., to start
Thanks Hawk!! Will try to put in words my issues!!

Thanks Hawk!! Will try to put in words my issues!!
Maybe some screenshots too. I'm probably not going to be very useful, but plenty of folks here have used this outside. Good luck!

I can't remember how il but if suggest not using the gps feature. It was a pain in the butt.

Had another practice session finally on the rapsodo and had no connection issue or missed shots.

Did have this pop up in my email though I'm on the newest firmware and software for my app and unit. I will check again when I get home.

Screenshot_20240306-094609.png

I just got the same email. Pretty sure I am up to date, but will check.

Updated and played 9 holes of sim golf. Apparently the sim likes to auto-3-putt for me from 20 feet.. and 2 putt from inside 6 feet. It hurt a little but in all seriousness the sim round was fun
20240304_141613.jpg

Back